Disturbing documentary to watch on Netflix

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
I watched a very disturbing documentary about legalized child abuse on Netflix last night.

TROPHY KIDS

It is a movie about parents who use their kids as puppets to achieve the "greatness" in sports that they were never able to.

I would recommend that each of you watch this movie today, and then we can have a round table discussion tonight between 6:30pm - 9:30pm when there is nothing else to do.

I watched this too...very difficult to imagine there are parents like this.
The "golf" father who called his daughter...I forget how old...7 years old I think... a "fucking bitch".
All of these parents are child abusers, each and everyone of them. I really believe that if that black teen football kid didn't move away from his father he would have committed suicide. His father absolutely bullied him to the point of torture.
I agree an unbelievable film.

I watched this too...very difficult to imagine there are parents like this.
The "golf" father who called his daughter...I forget how old...7 years old I think... a "fucking bitch".
All of these parents are child abusers, each and everyone of them. I really believe that if that black teen football kid didn't move away from his father he would have committed suicide. His father absolutely bullied him to the point of torture.
I agree an unbelievable film.

I was very concerned that the black football player was going to kill himself.

I thought that the tennis mom was just over the top insane.

We see this every day on tv. Dance Kids, that stupid show HoneyBooBoo was on, the genius show where the kids compete on who is smarter, etc.
It's all the parents..wanting to relive their lives through their children and devil take the hindmost if the kids don't want to. But by then, they are brainwashed into thinking that IS what they want to do.

While I didn't see this doc I am painfully aware of the problem as I've coached kids for a long time. Some parents just can't seem to grasp the idea that sports are supposed to be fun for the kids not a job. Fortunately the vast number of parents aren't this way but that fact makes the bad ones stand out even more which puts that much more pressure on the kids. .

I've noticed a number of coaches that have had enough of this nonsense. One guy I know came to blows with a parent because he sat the mans daughter down in a 7th grade basketball game. The coach told him "she just needed a break", the father went nuts. Got his butt kicked and arrested but of course it was a little girl that suffered in the end. Just crazy.

Forum List

Back