Disney threatens to stop filming in Georgia if anti-gay bill becomes law

The rightwing cracka bible thumpers passed a law here in NC yesterday

View attachment 68857

just a matter of time until these mutants are put down like the rabid dogs they are

NC discrimination law creates business backlash

"We believe no individual should be discriminated against because of gender identity or sexual orientation. Laws that allow such discrimination go against our fundamental belief of equality and are bad for the economies of the states in which they are enacted," said Katie Cody, a spokeswoman for American Airlines, which has its second-largest hub at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.4

Wells Fargo, Replacements Ltd., Apple, Microsoft and others all signed on to a statement in opposition to the North Carolina law and similar legislation in other states.

"Equality in the workplace is a business priority to foster talent and innovation, and these state laws undermine this core value," the statement said. "These state laws set a dangerous precedent that stifles investment and economic growth by jeopardizing a state’s status as a welcoming place for employees to live and thrive, undermining the success of a business at large. It is unreasonable for job creators to recruit a diverse workforce from states that encourage businesses to discriminate against our community of employees or consumers.

Read more at NC discrimination law creates business backlash :: WRAL.com

The North Carolina law is a mess. It requires that people only use the bathroom that fits the gender on their birth certificate. So much focus on who is in what bathroom. I am 56 years old. I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of times I have seen anyone's genitals in a public bathroom. And that includes standing next to other men at the urinals. This is a cure for a problem that does not exist.

Disney threatens to stop filming in Georgia if anti-gay bill becomes law

Once again proving that homosexuals run Hollywood, and in particular, run Disney at all levels, Disney has said it will boycott the state of Georgia if it passes a law saying that Christian bakers can't be forced to make gay wedding cakes.

In other words, Disney has made it clear that it values gays more than it does the "family values" kind of people who watch most of it's movies, cartoons, and TV shows, and go to its theme parks.

So it remains to be seen whether Georgia will bravely stand by Christians, or will it bend over and take it in the ass from gays.

More bullying tactics by the left to suppress democracy.

Democracy? Ever noticed the Bill of Rights? Made by those "left wing bullies" the Founding Fathers.

Did you read the bill? All it does is ensure religious freedom, which is paramount in the Bill of Rights.

No, I don't believe it ensures religious freedom. It ensures religious bigotry.

Rights and freedoms are the ability to do what you like as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. As soon as you "exercising your right" infringes on someone else's right, then you're no longer exercising a right any more.
There is no right to thr favorable opinion of someone else. There is no right to be liked. There is no enforceable good will.

There isn't. However if you conduct business, you do so abiding by the rules of society.

Also, bad ill only exists because people make it happen.

Do you think that people should be able to go around saying and doing whatever they like no matter the impact it has on society?

What's the point of people joining together in a society if people are then going to actively seek the destruction of that community from within?

We have prisons for those sorts of people. We make rules to keep a semblance of harmony and we punish those who break them.

We can't enforce people not to break into other people's homes, but we can punish them when they do.

Homos should go to homo owned business where they feel more inclusive

-Geaux

And ignorant fucks should not be allowed into any other business than those run by ignorant fucks. And then, we'll have total and utter segregation within society, and no one will ever want to live in such a society except the ignorant fucks.

We live in a country where corporations are now people. Ms. Disney and Mr. NFL are merely expressing their first amendment rights.

Well I'm glad you agree. Because Mr. & Ms. 90% believe that it's important for a child to have regular contact with both a mother and father. And they can express their first Amendment right to associate (or not associate) with corporate "people" they disagree with. Bye Bye Ms. Disney.

Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Yes, I am sure Disney is positively just beside themselves over a meaningless internet straw poll. lol

Let's test them. I say Disney needs to go full exposure on this one. I say they need to run a very conspicuous ad campaign publicly denouncing Georgia's law and having "LGBT" banners flying all over their park and outfit the place with rainbow flags and the like. Make all their employees wear a rainbow "LGBT" support button! Have that silhouette thing of two women or two men holding hands with little kids in tow pasted on signs all around their park..

Give that about a year and see where they're at financially....

We live in a country where corporations are now people. Ms. Disney and Mr. NFL are merely expressing their first amendment rights.

Well I'm glad you agree. Because Mr. & Ms. 90% believe that it's important for a child to have regular contact with both a mother and father. And they can express their first Amendment right to associate (or not associate) with corporate "people" they disagree with. Bye Bye Ms. Disney.

Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Yes, I am sure Disney is positively just beside themselves over a meaningless internet straw poll. lol

Let's test them. I say Disney needs to go full exposure on this one. I say they need to run a very conspicuous ad campaign publicly denouncing Georgia's law and having "LGBT" banners flying all over their park and outfit the place with rainbow flags and the like. Make all their employees wear a rainbow "LGBT" support button! Have that silhouette thing of two women or two men holding hands with little kids in tow pasted on signs all around their park..

Give that about a year and see where they're at financially....

In what way does Georgia's legislation help children have regular contact with both a mother and father? Oh, wait...it doesn't. This is just another lame attempt to drive traffic to your dying threads. lol

I am sure Disney will get right on your test just as soon they finish counting all the profits from the latest Star Wars. :lol:

View attachment 68857

just a matter of time until these mutants are put down like the rabid dogs they are

"We believe no individual should be discriminated against because of gender identity or sexual orientation. Laws that allow such discrimination go against our fundamental belief of equality and are bad for the economies of the states in which they are enacted," said Katie Cody, a spokeswoman for American Airlines, which has its second-largest hub at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.4

Wells Fargo, Replacements Ltd., Apple, Microsoft and others all signed on to a statement in opposition to the North Carolina law and similar legislation in other states.

"Equality in the workplace is a business priority to foster talent and innovation, and these state laws undermine this core value," the statement said. "These state laws set a dangerous precedent that stifles investment and economic growth by jeopardizing a state’s status as a welcoming place for employees to live and thrive, undermining the success of a business at large. It is unreasonable for job creators to recruit a diverse workforce from states that encourage businesses to discriminate against our community of employees or consumers.

The North Carolina law is a mess. It requires that people only use the bathroom that fits the gender on their birth certificate. So much focus on who is in what bathroom. I am 56 years old. I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of times I have seen anyone's genitals in a public bathroom. And that includes standing next to other men at the urinals. This is a cure for a problem that does not exist.
Etiquette dictates that you stare straight ahead and avoid any interaction. I have never viewed public toilets as a political battlefield before this.

Why wait on a sure thing mdk? Why not rake in all that business now by openly promoting LGBT as a Disney Park value?

More bullying tactics by the left to suppress democracy.

Democracy? Ever noticed the Bill of Rights? Made by those "left wing bullies" the Founding Fathers.

Did you read the bill? All it does is ensure religious freedom, which is paramount in the Bill of Rights.

Rights and freedoms are the ability to do what you like as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others. As soon as you "exercising your right" infringes on someone else's right, then you're no longer exercising a right any more.
There is no right to thr favorable opinion of someone else. There is no right to be liked. There is no enforceable good will.

There isn't. However if you conduct business, you do so abiding by the rules of society.

Do you think that people should be able to go around saying and doing whatever they like no matter the impact it has on society?

What's the point of people joining together in a society if people are then going to actively seek the destruction of that community from within?

We have prisons for those sorts of people. We make rules to keep a semblance of harmony and we punish those who break them.

We can't enforce people not to break into other people's homes, but we can punish them when they do.
Actually businesses can do a hell of a lot. As long as you provide good customer service, you can follow that democrat around telling them that you hate their maggoty guts.

As long as you abide by noise ordinances you can have a loud speaker describing your neighbor's sex acts.

No the impact someone's actions have on the community is never a consideration for anything. No one goes to prison because they don't like their community.

There might not be a point to joining together as a community if some one is actively working to destroy that community but there is nothing you can do about it.

Watch it burn. Bring marshmallows.

View attachment 68857

Etiquette dictates that you stare straight ahead and avoid any interaction. I have never viewed public toilets as a political battlefield before this.
Never underestimate the stupidity of most American conservatives, and their propensity for demagoguery – the lie contrived by the right concerning transgender persons and public restrooms being one such example.

View attachment 68857

It should become a real battlefield with real battles.

Scream weenie wagger at every opportunity. If you can't stop them, make the price very high and humiliatingly painful.

Actually businesses can do a hell of a lot. As long as you provide good customer service, you can follow that democrat around telling them that you hate their maggoty guts.

As long as you abide by noise ordinances you can have a loud speaker describing your neighbor's sex acts.

No the impact someone's actions have on the community is never a consideration for anything. No one goes to prison because they don't like their community.

There might not be a point to joining together as a community if some one is actively working to destroy that community but there is nothing you can do about it.

And nothing can be done about this sort of ignorance, hate, and stupidity – save that of enacting just, proper, and Constitutional laws appropriately designed to mitigate such ignorance, hate, and stupidity.

Atlanta has a big gay community called Little Five Points. Unfortunately, little five points was close to the bakery I worked at and when I shopped in the local area gays went out of their way to disgust me which I ignored but stopped shopping there.

View attachment 68857

It should become a real battlefield with real battles.

Scream weenie wagger at every opportunity. If you can't stop them, make the price very high and humiliatingly painful.
…as if on cue.

And nothing can be done about this sort of ignorance, hate, and stupidity – save that of enacting just, proper, and Constitutional laws appropriately designed to mitigate such ignorance, hate, and stupidity.
There is nothing you can do. Sit in a corner and swallow. Pretend it's come. You will learn to like the taste.

You cannot pass a law mandating that people like one another or even treat one another with common courtesy.

I was taught:
Judge not, lest you be judged
Judgment is mine, saeth the Lord.
Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.

How do we manage to have such a different understanding of the same teachings from the same book?
Makes you wonder if maybe some Muslims interpret the Koran differently than the jihdists, too. Hmmm?

Atlanta has a big gay community called Little Five Points. Unfortunately, little five points was close to the bakery I worked at and when I shopped in the local area gays went out of their way to disgust me which I ignored but stopped shopping there.
Thank you for your subjective, unfounded, anecdotal, and bigoted post completely devoid of evidence, demonstrating why public accommodations laws are just, proper, and warranted.

Thank you for your subjective, unfounded, anecdotal, and bigoted post completely devoid of evidence, demonstrating why public accommodations laws are just, proper, and warranted.

You have thin skin when I was only telling you one of my life experiences. The thought of gay, child or animal sex disgusts me and that is how my brain was hard wired in the womb. Speaking a life experience is not bigoted and next you will want to repeal the 1st Amendment.

Forum List

Back