Disney Screwed Up Another One.....This Time Peter Pan

Tinkerbell is black....the Lost Boys aren't all boys....and aren't all white. Peter Pan is either Hispanic or Hindu....not sure which.
The only white man in the movie is Captain Hook.....and of course he's the bad guy.

Does Tinkerbell being black, the Lost Boys not being all boys and not being all white really make this production subpar. I didn't see it so I won't comment on the production. However, I would not be interest in seeing the same old Pete Pan done in 3 movie and at least one stage production. If I were bringing it back, there would have to be major changes to attract a new audience and using more females and blacks is a good way to attract those audiences.

Last edited:
Gingers have no soul.....OK, I'll provide proof. ;)

R.00058e1cb2de3811788635892e132215

Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes.
she has no brain but i would do her all night long

Does Tinkerbell being black, the Lost Boys not being all boys and not being all white really make this production subpar. I didn't see it so I won't comment on the production. However, I would not be interest in seeing the same old Pete Pan done in 3 movie and at least one stage production. If I were bringing it back, there would have to be major changes to attract a new audience and using more females and blacks is a good way to attract those audiences.
What makes you think those changes will attract “ those” audiences? I’m female and that doesn’t interest me.

What makes you think those changes will attract “ those” audiences? I’m female and that doesn’t interest me.
When creating a new production, that is the 4th remake, revenues and reviews from the previous productions give you a pretty good idea of whether a major change is needed in the new remake. You might not know that the changes will draw new audiences but you have a pretty good idea that doing the same thing over again will not work. I think this why the creators decided to try something new.

When creating a new production, that is the 4th remake, revenues and reviews from the previous productions give you a pretty good idea of whether a major change is needed in the new remake. You might not know that the changes will draw new audiences but you have a pretty good idea that doing the same thing over again will not work. I think this why the creators decided to try something new.
No, it’s the same male to female or white to black bait and switch Disney/Marvel/Lucas Films as been doing for years now. It is nothing “ new” or “fresh”. It’s political.

Anyone remember when Disney actually put out GOOD movies?
Honestly no. I've hated Disney for 49 of my 52 years and haven't budged an inch.

There are a few movies which were sort of good which were produced by Disney, such as The Black Hole....which could have been much better if produced by someone or something else. Disney was making me puke when I was still in preschool. I'm very happy to see them going down. They should raze Disneyland and Disneyworld and replace them with exotic gardens and nature refuges.

The movie is going straight to Disney streaming service. Nobody's going to pay good money to watch this garbage.

I'm just imagining Mickey, caught in a glue trap with X's on his eyes ....and practically wetting my pants!

:laughing0301:

The movie is going straight to Disney streaming service. Nobody's going to pay good money to watch this garbage.
20 million subscribers pay to see these productions, so I wouldn't call that a nobody. Over half the movies made today don't go to the theaters, they are streamed. The critics have been mostly positive on the film. However, audiences that just can't stand to see blacks in traditional white roles and females' in traditions male roles will of course hate it because that qualifies as woke, just like gays and lesbians in films, and Hispanics, and Asian, playing non-traditional roles. Thankfully, these audiences are dying out as the world continues to change.

20 million subscribers pay to see these productions, so I wouldn't call that a nobody. Over half the movies made today don't go to the theaters, they are streamed. The critics have been mostly positive on the film. However, audiences that just can't stand to see blacks in traditional white roles and females' in traditions male roles will of course hate it because that qualifies as woke, just like gays and lesbians in films, and Hispanics, and Asian, playing non-traditional roles. Thankfully, these audiences are dying out as the world continues to change.
What do you think the Black Community would do if we decided to replace their characters and heroes people admire with White people?
We'll find out then if it's all about race or something else.

Forum List

Back