‘Disingenuous’: Biden Says He Hasn’t Stopped Oil Production. Here’s The Reality

Politicians making statements make it real?

We I guess that means all our national debt is almost paid off and our healthcare costs have become a fraction of what they used to be.

Odd, I didn't say it was real did I?

"Disingenuous biden"?

Try "Bullshiting Potato" says it didn't stop oil production.

There may even be some element of truth there, but the fact that he is hostile to oil production in the first place should be enough, and he has made an effort to stifle production as well as offend the Saudis.

The bottom line is that if the potato's head is flapping, bullshit is coming out.

Odd, I didn't say it was real did I?

So you are not saying it's real, but you want to use it as an argument in a thread about supposedly stopped oil production.

Sure. Do you have any comment on what is real though?

when under Trump the US produced 13m bpd.
For a very short while. The problem with US production is that the nearly a million production wells are producing diminishing returns and the shale play do not have the long term output like say fields in the Permian Basin. Also the free market determines who produces and who shuts down. Not the government like so many of the OPEC+ nations.

"Disingenuous biden"?

Try "Bullshiting Potato" says it didn't stop oil production.

There may even be some element of truth there, but the fact that he is hostile to oil production in the first place should be enough

Enough...to what? Make it real? No, no it isn't.

For 8 years you fools were talking about how "hostile to oil production" Obama was, while production ramped up and prices droppped to record lows at the end of his presidency.

Last edited:
Enough...to what? Make it real? No, no it isn't.

For 8 years you fools were talking about how "hostile to oil production" Obama was, while production ramped up and prices droppped to record lows at the end of his presidency.
They count on their flock to not have any memory or knowledge of the recent past. Didn't Obama and McCain has a giant pissing contest to see who was more pro 'drill baby drill'? Seriously under 2 terms of Bush the Import % reached and all time high and US production % reached an all time low.

They don't remember the vast amount of tracks Obama proposed to open for exploration right before the Horizon Explosion!

Do you think the Dems will lose the Senate?

I'm not sure. I don't pay close attention to races in other states.

I still think the RvW thing will mitigate things somewhat so I think they might but won't be surprised if they don't.

Neither side makes very good arguments to remain in power.

So you are not saying it's real, but you want to use it as an argument in a thread about supposedly stopped oil production.

Sure. Do you have any comment on what is real though?

I made a statement on what I believe will happen.

What is real though, is saying over and over and over that you are going to end fossil fuels and with prices high, not expect to take a hit.

I made a statement on what I believe will happen.

What is real though, is saying over and over and over that you are going to end fossil fuels and with prices high, not expect to take a hit.
Thats rhetoric, come back when you can comment on actual reality of HOW someone is supposedly "ending fossil fuels".

Last edited:
  • “If the president wants to debunk some myths, let’s start with the fact that he’s leased fewer acres of federal and offshore land than any other president since the end of WWII,” Republican Rep. Bruce Westerman of Arkansas told the DCNF

HERE is the reality:​

New Data: Biden’s First Year Drilling Permitting Stomps Trump’s By 34%

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

For a very short while. The problem with US production is that the nearly a million production wells are producing diminishing returns and the shale play do not have the long term output like say fields in the Permian Basin. Also the free market determines who produces and who shuts down. Not the government like so many of the OPEC+ nations.
Biden killed KeystoneXL and about 800,000 bpd.
Biden stopped development of ANWR after Trump approved it.
Biden stopped the EastMed gas pipeline to the EU
Biden and dems already said they are phasing out fossil fuels (before developing adequate alternates)

Biden killed KeystoneXL and about 800,000 bpd.
Pipelines move oil, they do not produce oil and would not have increase our output.
Biden stopped development of ANWR after Trump approved it.
For 40 years, politicians have been fighting over whether to allow companies to drill for oil and gas in the pristine wilderness. It wasn’t until President Donald Trump’s final days in office that leases were auctioned off.

Pipelines move oil, they do not produce oil and would not have increase our output.
For 40 years, politicians have been fighting over whether to allow companies to drill for oil and gas in the pristine wilderness. It wasn’t until President Donald Trump’s final days in office that leases were auctioned off.
1. Getting oil from the wells to the terminals does in-fact affect capacity. Stop lying. KeystoneXL would have ADDED 830,00 bpd of oil. Stupid Biden stopped it.
"The capacity of existing pipelines is about 591,000 barrels per day (bpd) and the two pending pipelines are expected to transport about 700,000 bpd initially with a potential of 830,000 bpd. The total capacity of both is expected to be about 1.3 million bpd. Let's look at the argument for and against the project."

2. Developing ANWR is crucial to keep producing US oil. The part of ANWR to be developed for oil production is only a few percent of ANWR's total area.

1. Getting oil from the wells to the terminals does in-fact affect capacity. Stop lying. KeystoneXL would have ADDED 830,00 bpd of oil. Stupid Biden stopped it.
"The capacity of existing pipelines is about 591,000 barrels per day (bpd) and the two pending pipelines are expected to transport about 700,000 bpd initially with a potential of 830,000 bpd. The total capacity of both is expected to be about 1.3 million bpd. Let's look at the argument for and against the project."

2. Developing ANWR is crucial to keep producing US oil. The part of ANWR to be developed for oil production is only a few percent of ANWR's total area.
But it didn't effect US production one bit. Imo, it should have been completed, since everything is transactional, it should have been used as a bargaining chip to forge some kind of deal. But I think the deal making days are gone.

There is little interest in developing the coastal plains right now. Alaska wants the lease revenues. Texas, New Mexico, and the Permian Basin are more important than ANWR. We have plenty of oil, we just don't have much cheap oil left.

All the excuses from the left won’t amount to a hill of beans with gas prices so high and a lack of diesel and heating oil. Not to mention sky high inflation.

Forum List

Back