Discussion/Opinions on Winners of Wed DEM Debate

I watched the debate. I saw two clear winners. Most were just there to argue and fight.

Amy Klobuchar, Tulsi Gabbard showed the best showing.

Klobuchar actually sounded the best. She didn't get into the petty fights, expressed herself well and stayed on point. I didn't agree with everything she said but I did agree with enough that I could live with her as a President. Here problem is Name Recognition. But if she does win the nomination I don't think that becomes a problem. She does come from a predominant Red area of the Nation and has won in areas that Trump has carried with over 20 points. She will carry Ohio, Wisconsin, Michican and a few other states that pushed Trump over the top. She becomes a real problem child for Trump. The good news is, she carries absolutely no excess baggage and is not an insider.

Gabbard would make the best Commander in Chief. She has a ton of combat experience and is currently a Major in the National Guard. And she isn't that far off Klobuchar on issues.

Both would be good for the Border issues. Much of what Trump is now trying to claim as his own ideas comes from Klobuchar anyway and others like her. I know, you rightwingers only see the "Wall" but it's gotten to the point where the original talking points of the Democrats have become important as well. The wall has taken a back seat to the humanitarian crisis. And the things that needs to be done to get that taken care of needs to have a President that is sitting in the driver seat to get it done without blaming others.

Both agree the economy can be better. The Tax brackets are broken. Let's just leave it there.

Both are hard to shake up. And if they don't play the "Trump" game and stay on point, Trump is in serious trouble when he goes into his "Game". I've said it before, it's not what Trump says or does that determines whether he will be reelected or not but what the person that is running against him says or does that determines the outcome.

Hate to say it, but all the others were just saying the same crap over and over. I'm tired of hearing it.
I watched. Lightweights and politically out of touch with common U.S. citizens. What is Warren babbling about? She knows shit about poverty. She looks like the rich girl that promises everything during Jr. High student council presidents race. LMFAO!

I watched the debate. I saw two clear winners. Most were just there to argue and fight.

Klobuchar actually sounded the best. She didn't get into the petty fights, expressed herself well and stayed on point. I didn't agree with everything she said but I did agree with enough that I could live with her as a President. Here problem is Name Recognition. But if she does win the nomination I don't think that becomes a problem. She does come from a predominant Red area of the Nation and has won in areas that Trump has carried with over 20 points. She will carry Ohio, Wisconsin, Michican and a few other states that pushed Trump over the top. She becomes a real problem child for Trump. The good news is, she carries absolutely no excess baggage and is not an insider.

Gabbard would make the best Commander in Chief. She has a ton of combat experience and is currently a Major in the National Guard. And she isn't that far off Klobuchar on issues.

Both would be good for the Border issues. Much of what Trump is now trying to claim as his own ideas comes from Klobuchar anyway and others like her. I know, you rightwingers only see the "Wall" but it's gotten to the point where the original talking points of the Democrats have become important as well. The wall has taken a back seat to the humanitarian crisis. And the things that needs to be done to get that taken care of needs to have a President that is sitting in the driver seat to get it done without blaming others.

Both agree the economy can be better. The Tax brackets are broken. Let's just leave it there.

Both are hard to shake up. And if they don't play the "Trump" game and stay on point, Trump is in serious trouble when he goes into his "Game". I've said it before, it's not what Trump says or does that determines whether he will be reelected or not but what the person that is running against him says or does that determines the outcome.

Hate to say it, but all the others were just saying the same crap over and over. I'm tired of hearing it.

Aside from the honest intelligence I'm quite influenced by military background and the grooming in discipline and responsibility it offers.

Eisenhower famously said, "God help this country when somebody sits at this desk who doesn't know as much about the military as I do". And since he left no one has.

I watched. Lightweights and politically out of touch with common U.S. citizens. What is Warren babbling about? She knows shit about poverty. She looks like the rich girl that promises everything during Jr. High student council presidents race. LMFAO!
I'll stick with my two picks. Warren is a light weight. Most of them didn't belong on that stage. Be glad when it's down to the last 5. Let's hope it's a solid last 5.

Pocahontas:: "I've now been to 21 states and Puerto Rico. We've done more than 100 town halls. I've taken more than 2,000 questions. And, boy—we must be crowding in soon on about 35,000 selfies."
Who won? 45!

Indeed, whoever wins will BE 45.

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

They keep calling Rump 45, which works well with the phrase "Cult 45" but the only way to get to that number is to count Grover Cleveland twice. Unfortunately Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland are provably the same person.

Aside from the honest intelligence I'm quite influenced by military background and the grooming in discipline and responsibility it offers.

Eisenhower famously said, "God help this country when somebody sits at this desk who doesn't know as much about the military as I do". And since he left no one has.

What many don't understand, Eisenhower was as much a Politician as he was a General. That's what it took to fill that position during WWII. Bradley had the real Military Background and Eisenhower depended on him quite a bit. Trying to find someone as capable as Eisenhower to be President and Commander in Chief is a tall order.

Tulse WHO?????

In a presidential debate with nine candidates and one Beto O’Rourke on stage, it’s hard to stand out. So tonight, Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard leaned on her credentials as a military veteran and her reputation for restrained foreign policy, taking a hard stance on the Trump administration that’s sure to stand out.

She said:

The president and his chicken hawk cabinet led us to the brink of war with Iran. I served in the war in Iraq at the height of the war in 2005, a war that took over 4,000 of my brothers and sisters in uniforms' lives. The American people need to understand this war would be far more devastating, far more costly than anything we saw in Iraq.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com

BTW a war with Iran would be settled in a few days with today's technology against a bunch of rock throwers!.....Do you actually think Russia and Red China would come to Iran's aid... if so you know little about world economics!

Tulsi was the ONLY candidate to get a total smear question. That was ridiculous. Ask Warren why she voted for Trump’s military increases. Ask Booker and Klobuchar about their support for and by Big Pharma. How about making De Blasio answer an actual question? MSNBC is disgusting

"Nobody was talking about Castro. He did the Texas takedown. Turned around, clocked Beto. You never saw it coming... he bought himself a lifeline and that's why I love these debates." - Vivacious Van Jones

Pocahontas:: "I've now been to 21 states and Puerto Rico. We've done more than 100 town halls. I've taken more than 2,000 questions. And, boy—we must be crowding in soon on about 35,000 selfies."
Who won? 45!

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

They keep calling Rump 45, which works well with the phrase "Cult 45" but the only way to get to that number is to count Grover Cleveland twice. Unfortunately Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland are provably the same person.

You still have to call Cleveland 22 and 24 though.

Who won? 45!

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

Nope, ain't doin' it. Granted he was a bigly guy, but Taft was bigger and he only counts once.

What many don't understand, Eisenhower was as much a Politician as he was a General. That's what it took to fill that position during WWII. Bradley had the real Military Background and Eisenhower depended on him quite a bit. Trying to find someone as capable as Eisenhower to be President and Commander in Chief is a tall order.

Aye it is. Just a tangentially-related anecdote. The main point being, military experience earns my respect.

Who won? 45!

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

Nope, ain't doin' it. Granted he was a bigly guy, but Taft was bigger and he only counts once.

How dare you call anyone "Bigly". I thought that was copyrighted.

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

I'm gonna owe $130,000 in royalties now. :eek:

She comes from Blue state that hasn't voted red in years whose favorite sons do poorly on the political stage, See Walter Mondale and Hubie

I thought Putin was 45.

Putin's kind of 44.1

I'm gonna owe $130,000 in royalties now. :eek:

You can make it payable to Trump U.

Forum List

Back