Die For My Country?

Protecting our homes and families is indeed worth your life. That's even worth my life. If you don't think so you don't deserve to call this your country. You're just a freeloader enjoying the bounty earned by your betters while belittling their accomplishments.

Sealy, many of the dedicated, hard-core military members are being systematically weeded out of service, replaced b ythose who are less likely to disagree with / oppose Obama's desires.

If you wouldn't be willing to die for your country in Vietnam or Iraq or anywhere else it sends you I don't believe for a heartbeat you would have been willing to do so in WWII or any other conflict. And-because of that-I certainly don't consider it your country. WTF told you you were wise enough, or important enough, to decide what conflicts this country becomes involved in? Do you honestly believe others will cease attacking us if we don't want to fight? You are simply handing yourself and others some serious BS

Who in the Hell wants to die for their Country? I see in your avatar you have a VSM prominently displayed. Why TF didn't you die for your Country back in the Day? You Professional Veterans talk a lot...usually too much and it gets some of us thinking/wondering!

If you wouldn't be willing to die for your country in Vietnam or Iraq or anywhere else it sends you I don't believe for a heartbeat you would have been willing to do so in WWII or any other conflict. And-because of that-I certainly don't consider it your country. WTF told you you were wise enough, or important enough, to decide what conflicts this country becomes involved in? Do you honestly believe others will cease attacking us if we don't want to fight? You are simply handing yourself and others some serious BS

Who in the Hell wants to die for their Country? I see in your avatar you have a VSM prominently displayed. Why TF didn't you die for your Country back in the Day? You Professional Veterans talk a lot...usually too much and it gets some of us thinking/wondering!

There is considerable difference between "want" and "willing". Look them up or find someone who reads English to do it for you. But it is nice to read that it is possible to get some of you thinking.

11873354_10206310164726495_6145967538553184923_n.jpg

What is a country? Is it the power élite that runs it? Is it the population that lives in it? Is it philosophical ideals? Is it simply the land enclosed by its borders?
Just because something is passed off as being 'for your country' doesn't make it so.
Most of those who fought in Vietnam thought it was for their country.
Most of those who protested against that tragic involvement or refused to participate thought their action was for their country.
If the action is not 'just', it is not in the interests of anyone or anything that deserves being supported, and certainly not risking life and limb for.

Ever joined the service, been in the military, been part of anything bigger than your self or your self interests, there4eyem?

There is considerable difference between "want" and "willing". Look them up or find someone who reads English to do it for you. But it is nice to read that it is possible to get some of you thinking.

There's a nice semantic dodge, REMF. The whole Rambo persona you're trying to project is GARBAGE. Do you like the Ohhhs and Ahhhs you get performing your Professional Veteran routine, REMF?

PS: If you really are a Nam Vet...Welcome Home Brother!

There's a nice semantic dodge, REMF. The whole Rambo persona you're trying to project is GARBAGE. Do you like the Ohhhs and Ahhhs you get performing your Professional Veteran routine, REMF?

I am who and what I am whether that meets with your approval or not. I am downright shocked that a Navy vet seems to know what a REMF is. Just to be clear:
I did NOT want to join the military.
I did NOT want to become an Army medic.
I did NOT want to go to Vietnam.
But I was willing to do my duty when my country insisted. "GARBAGE"? That would be the the POS that wants to enjoy the freedoms our citizens enjoy without being willing to risk their precious lilly-white ass to ensure our children and theirs can also do so. And since when do Vietnam vets get an excess of "Ohhhhs and Ahhhs"?
REMF?

I am who and what I am whether that meets with your approval or not. I am downright shocked that a Navy vet seems to know what a REMF is. Just to be clear:
I did NOT want to join the military.
I did NOT want to become an Army medic.
I did NOT want to go to Vietnam.
But I was willing to do my duty when my country insisted. "GARBAGE"? That would be the the POS that wants to enjoy the freedoms our citizens enjoy without being willing to risk their precious lilly-white ass to ensure our children and theirs can also do so. And since when do Vietnam vets get an excess of "Ohhhhs and Ahhhs"?
REMF?
If you fought in Vietnam to protect the freedoms we all enjoy and we lost that war, explain to me what freedoms we lost as a result of losing that war?

Its an all volunteer force.

No one is going to send you to war.....

However, I find it rather disgusting the cowardice on display by people who say, "I will not risk My life for someone else's war."

Because nations have survived or became great because the individual decided what war was worthwhile and which ones were not.

If you wouldn't be willing to die for your country in Vietnam or Iraq or anywhere else it sends you I don't believe for a heartbeat you would have been willing to do so in WWII or any other conflict. And-because of that-I certainly don't consider it your country. WTF told you you were wise enough, or important enough, to decide what conflicts this country becomes involved in? Do you honestly believe others will cease attacking us if we don't want to fight? You are simply handing yourself and others some serious BS.
So, we have fought Afghanistan, Iraq (twice), Panama, Grenada, Cambodia, Vietnam and Korea in the last 70 years. We also engaged in military operations in Kosovo, Bosnia, Libya, the Dominican Republic. Which of those nations attacked us?

Democrats have put us into two world wars, "Police Actions" in Korea and Vietnam with over a million casualties and LBJ arguably helped create the military industrial complex....... So.... You were saying?
I wasn't even alive then. That's like saying Republicans aren't racist because it was Lincoln that freed the slaves. That was pre civil rights movement stupid.

Who wanted us to get out of Viet Nam? It was the liberal hippies. And who called those liberal hippies names? Your side. So don't give me that shit about Democrats taking us to war. Bush 1 took us to Iraq. Clinton had ZERO enemy fire casualties in Kosovo so that wasn't really a war. Bush 2 got us into two quagmires Iraq and Afganistan. And if either party wants war with Iran that would be the GOP. So eat a liberal sausage dummy.

You should ask yourself who got us out of Vietnam and that persona was Nixon. He was a serious scumbag but that is one thing he did right. The modern military industrial complex that you rail against is a DEMOCRAT construct. It was a Republican (Eisenhower) that warned us of its intentions, but it was a DEMOCRAT that helped found it. And that complex is still driving the boat to this day and you waste time whining about Repubs. You need to realize that BOTH parties are in it.

Well, the politicians are in it for themselves I should have said. Repub, Democrat, they are two peas in a pod. And we are the ones who get squished.
It is very sad that so many Americans are duped by the political parties into becoming foolish partisans of one or the other, when both are fleecing us of our rights and wealth, while enriching and empowering themselves. If only we Americans could come together and get rid of these stinking lying bastards that make up our political class.
People who vote GOP vote status quo. People who vote democratic party vote for change.
People who vote Democratic Party. Vote partisan party line. Period.
So, if you vote for a Democrat you are a partisan but if you vote for a Republican you are not? Brilliant observation.

“They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.”
Ernest Hemingway
“He who joyfully marches to music rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”
Albert Einstein

“I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”
James Baldwin

“My country, right or wrong,” is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, “My mother, drunk or sober.”
G.K. Chesterton, The Defendant

“All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born.”
François Fénelon

“If we really saw war, what war does to young minds and bodies, it would be impossible to embrace the myth of war. If we had to stand over the mangled corpses of schoolchildren killed in Afghanistan and listen to the wails of their parents, we would not be able to repeat clichés we use to justify war. This is why war is carefully sanitized. This is why we are given war's perverse and dark thrill but are spared from seeing war's consequences. The mythic visions of war keep it heroic and entertaining…

The wounded, the crippled, and the dead are, in this great charade, swiftly carted offstage. They are war's refuse. We do not see them. We do not hear them. They are doomed, like wandering spirits, to float around the edges of our consciousness, ignored, even reviled. The message they tell is too painful for us to hear. We prefer to celebrate ourselves and our nation by imbibing the myths of glory, honor, patriotism, and heroism, words that in combat become empty and meaningless.”
Chris Hedges, Death of the Liberal Class

“I do not say that children at war do not die like men, if they have to die. To their everlasting honor and our everlasting shame, they do die like men, thus making possible the manly jubilation of patriotic holidays. But they are murdered children all the same.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Last edited:
I wasn't even alive then. That's like saying Republicans aren't racist because it was Lincoln that freed the slaves. That was pre civil rights movement stupid.

Who wanted us to get out of Viet Nam? It was the liberal hippies. And who called those liberal hippies names? Your side. So don't give me that shit about Democrats taking us to war. Bush 1 took us to Iraq. Clinton had ZERO enemy fire casualties in Kosovo so that wasn't really a war. Bush 2 got us into two quagmires Iraq and Afganistan. And if either party wants war with Iran that would be the GOP. So eat a liberal sausage dummy.

You should ask yourself who got us out of Vietnam and that persona was Nixon. He was a serious scumbag but that is one thing he did right. The modern military industrial complex that you rail against is a DEMOCRAT construct. It was a Republican (Eisenhower) that warned us of its intentions, but it was a DEMOCRAT that helped found it. And that complex is still driving the boat to this day and you waste time whining about Repubs. You need to realize that BOTH parties are in it.

Well, the politicians are in it for themselves I should have said. Repub, Democrat, they are two peas in a pod. And we are the ones who get squished.
It is very sad that so many Americans are duped by the political parties into becoming foolish partisans of one or the other, when both are fleecing us of our rights and wealth, while enriching and empowering themselves. If only we Americans could come together and get rid of these stinking lying bastards that make up our political class.
People who vote GOP vote status quo. People who vote democratic party vote for change.
So, if you vote for a Democrat you are a partisan but if you vote for a Republican you are not? Brilliant observation.

Too bad you can't read and follow a discussion.

Oh well.

Too bad you can't read and follow a discussion.

Oh well.
Followed it just fine. Too bad you do not recognize the utter stupidity of your post where you equated "voting democrat" with being partisan. Of course it is, you moron. So is "voting Republican."

Forum List

Back