Die For My Country?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Of course I would die for my country for example ww2 or Afghanistan but Viet Nam? Iraq? Korea? I can't say yes.

I'm watching a Russell crowe war movie (sucks) and these guys get up out of their fox holes and get shot or blown up and I think, what could be worth me Loosing my life? What was Iraq or Viet Nam even about anyways? It's why I give soldiers a lot of credit. You're saying for like ten years give or take the military can pretty much do whatever they want with you.

And any conservative that argues has to defend bush invading Iraq. Even the GOP won't even do that anymore. His own brother won't.

And all you anti government conservatives need to realize it's the slimeball politicians you supposedly hate and don't trust that decides if we go to war.

I find it Republicans don't trust government except when it comes to the military industrial complex. Probably the main thing bankrupting us. Let's be Canada or Australia.

Trump said they measured the wait veterans have to deal with at va hospitals and they've never been longer.

He said, guys like McCain have let the vets down.

Trump said they measured the wait veterans have to deal with at va hospitals and they've never been longer.

Trump is a liar, or at least a huckster misleading people. The wait that Trump is talking about is the one for obtaining service connected disability support payments. Compared to how long Vietnam Vet's had to wait, the wait is not that unreasonable. Besides a better understanding of PTSD, head injuries from IED's have brought enormous numbers of vet's into the processing system, which is long and complicated to start with.
Appointment wait times are way down and in most cases far shorter than one would expect for non emergency treatment in private practice.

Of course I would die for my country for example ww2 or Afghanistan but Viet Nam? Iraq? Korea? I can't say yes.

I'm watching a Russell crowe war movie (sucks) and these guys get up out of their fox holes and get shot or blown up and I think, what could be worth me Loosing my life? What was Iraq or Viet Nam even about anyways? It's why I give soldiers a lot of credit. You're saying for like ten years give or take the military can pretty much do whatever they want with you.

And any conservative that argues has to defend bush invading Iraq. Even the GOP won't even do that anymore. His own brother won't.

And all you anti government conservatives need to realize it's the slimeball politicians you supposedly hate and don't trust that decides if we go to war.

I find it Republicans don't trust government except when it comes to the military industrial complex. Probably the main thing bankrupting us. Let's be Canada or Australia.
War is the health of the state...so no war is worth giving your life.

And W's war was defended by his dipshit brother Jebby, who amazingly has considerable followers in the stupid party.

Neither Canada or Australia would let you in, or I'd buy you a ticket.

Trump is a liar, or at least a huckster misleading people. The wait that Trump is talking about is the one for obtaining service connected disability support payments. Compared to how long Vietnam Vet's had to wait, the wait is not that unreasonable. Besides a better understanding of PTSD, head injuries from IED's have brought enormous numbers of vet's into the processing system, which is long and complicated to start with.
Appointment wait times are way down and in most cases far shorter than one would expect for non emergency treatment in private practice.
Well they are ALL liars and hucksters.

Then why trust them sending you to war?

If you wouldn't be willing to die for your country in Vietnam or Iraq or anywhere else it sends you I don't believe for a heartbeat you would have been willing to do so in WWII or any other conflict. And-because of that-I certainly don't consider it your country. WTF told you you were wise enough, or important enough, to decide what conflicts this country becomes involved in? Do you honestly believe others will cease attacking us if we don't want to fight? You are simply handing yourself and others some serious BS.

Then why trust them sending you to war?
I don't and haven't for decades.

Once again, WAR IS THE HEALTH OF THE STATE!!!!!!!!!

Most American soldiers don't die for their country these days. They die for other people's countries and the political ambitions of the politicians who sent them there.

Besides, given the way our freedoms are being eroded more and more every day, is it even worth dying for this country anymore? What exactly are they dying for? It certainly isn't life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Democrats have put us into two world wars, "Police Actions" in Korea and Vietnam with over a million casualties and LBJ arguably helped create the military industrial complex....... So.... You were saying?

Most American soldiers don't die for their country these days. They die for other people's countries and the political ambitions of the politicians who sent them there.

Besides, given the way our freedoms are being eroded more and more every day, is it even worth dying for this country anymore? What exactly are they dying for? It certainly isn't life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
They die for the oligarchy and the military industrial complex.

We pay so much for the military and defense so Coke, GE, Ford & Microsoft can feel safe selling their products around the world. And interesting these corporations moved their HQ's and manufacturing plants overseas so they wouldn't have to pay taxes.

Democrats have put us into two world wars, "Police Actions" in Korea and Vietnam with over a million casualties and LBJ arguably helped create the military industrial complex....... So.... You were saying?
I wasn't even alive then. That's like saying Republicans aren't racist because it was Lincoln that freed the slaves. That was pre civil rights movement stupid.

Who wanted us to get out of Viet Nam? It was the liberal hippies. And who called those liberal hippies names? Your side. So don't give me that shit about Democrats taking us to war. Bush 1 took us to Iraq. Clinton had ZERO enemy fire casualties in Kosovo so that wasn't really a war. Bush 2 got us into two quagmires Iraq and Afganistan. And if either party wants war with Iran that would be the GOP. So eat a liberal sausage dummy.

I wasn't even alive then. That's like saying Republicans aren't racist because it was Lincoln that freed the slaves. That was pre civil rights movement stupid.

Who wanted us to get out of Viet Nam? It was the liberal hippies. And who called those liberal hippies names? Your side. So don't give me that shit about Democrats taking us to war. Bush 1 took us to Iraq. Clinton had ZERO enemy fire casualties in Kosovo so that wasn't really a war. Bush 2 got us into two quagmires Iraq and Afganistan. And if either party wants war with Iran that would be the GOP. So eat a liberal sausage dummy.
That is one hell of a post. It is bordering on psychotic.

Rs are racists...wow! How about that?

Only the liberal hippies wanted out of Vietnam...really? I believe a great percentage of Americans wanted out, not just liberal hippies.

Are you not aware of the wars started by D presidents...did they not teach that to you in p-school?

Your post indicates a complete lack of understanding.

You should ask yourself who got us out of Vietnam and that persona was Nixon. He was a serious scumbag but that is one thing he did right. The modern military industrial complex that you rail against is a DEMOCRAT construct. It was a Republican (Eisenhower) that warned us of its intentions, but it was a DEMOCRAT that helped found it. And that complex is still driving the boat to this day and you waste time whining about Repubs. You need to realize that BOTH parties are in it.

Well, the politicians are in it for themselves I should have said. Repub, Democrat, they are two peas in a pod. And we are the ones who get squished.

You should ask yourself who got us out of Vietnam and that persona was Nixon. He was a serious scumbag but that is one thing he did right. The modern military industrial complex that you rail against is a DEMOCRAT construct. It was a Republican (Eisenhower) that warned us of its intentions, but it was a DEMOCRAT that helped found it. And that complex is still driving the boat to this day and you waste time whining about Repubs. You need to realize that BOTH parties are in it.

Well, the politicians are in it for themselves I should have said. Repub, Democrat, they are two peas in a pod. And we are the ones who get squished.
It is very sad that so many Americans are duped by the political parties into becoming foolish partisans of one or the other, when both are fleecing us of our rights and wealth, while enriching and empowering themselves. If only we Americans could come together and get rid of these stinking lying bastards that make up our political class.

Nixon also legalized abortion. Shows you how far right your party has gone.

And look who the war mongers are now. Now you guys want war with Iran?

Forum List

Back