Alcohol in the Army

Aug 3, 2015
Is everyone in the Army an alcoholic? Every single AD NCO and Officer I know drink almost every night . Do your Joes, NCOs, Officers drink daily? Is it part of Army culture or just a way to escape the suck? Does it depend on units and/or leadership? Don't get me wrong I like to drink too but no where near the amount or as often as those I know.
2370.jpg

Is everyone in the Army an alcoholic? Every single AD NCO and Officer I know drink almost every night . Do your Joes, NCOs, Officers drink daily? Is it part of Army culture or just a way to escape the suck? Does it depend on units and/or leadership? Don't get me wrong I like to drink too but no where near the amount or as often as those I know.
2370.jpg
It is a disgrace.

The alcohol, and the fuckin' prescription med abuse.

Two neighbors joined after 9-11; ages 17 and 19.

After three tours each in Iraq, one is a drunk and the other addicted to oxy.

The army surely doesn't take care of its own.

2370.jpg

Not everybody, but most have a drink or two after duty. I would believe it is service wide ( Army-Navy-Air Force - Marines - Coast Guard ) to have a drink or two after work, at times.

Some days are very hectic and extremely mission oriented. There is a lot of planning involved - preplanning and verifying of personnel and equipment. Tasks have to be completed and at times it is very physical. Being in the extreme heat or cold adds to the problem.

Meeting time constraints, briefing upper echelon personnel, and movement and maneuvers.

They deserve a drink.

Shadow 355 ( prior Military )

Another broad brush approach by a clear Lefty who hates and wishes to degrade the military.

In my 23 years I encountered no more drunks in the military than in the civilian world.

Crawl back into your liberal cave and deal with subjects you know about.

During my 20 years, 1957/1977, I drank far more than I should have."It is what it is"! The career military is not your home grown breed of cat. Thank the Lord most military leaders understand that, or at least used too. I would find myself hard pressed to do it again, in this day and age as I am also hard pressed to consider the people of this current nation are worth the sacrifice! Again, "it is what it is"

They had beer in the soda machines in the Day Room when I was in..At company parties it was a sidewalk lickin' good time....

2370.jpg
The language is awkward and stilted. My guess is that the poster ain't from around here. Take another English course and come back when you are 14.

Forum List

Back