Did you know that many conservatives share the same authoritarian thinking of the left?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It really wouldn't be fair of me to pick on the left when I see that the right seems to share some of the same authoritarian thinking that the left has. I've been reading some of the comments made by members of the RNC about delegates. Some of them actually said that the founders viewed the electoral system as a check on the people. That is bullshit but the bigger question is how in the world did this kind of thinking enter into our political system that is suppose to be the biggest democracy in the world. The question is rhetorical so don't answer it. I just want to point out that it seems that there are people who really don't like it when the people are in control which is why these bullshit arguments are invented in the first place. A good conservative will say something like "The founders thought so so I will to" and they will go along with it. In the meantime they don't understand that their vote has just been nullified by this argument.

It really wouldn't be fair of me to pick on the left when I see that the right seems to share some of the same authoritarian thinking that the left has. I've been reading some of the comments made by members of the RNC about delegates. Some of them actually said that the founders viewed the electoral system as a check on the people. That is bullshit but the bigger question is how in the world did this kind of thinking enter into our political system that is suppose to be the biggest democracy in the world. The question is rhetorical so don't answer it. I just want to point out that it seems that there are people who really don't like it when the people are in control which is why these bullshit arguments are invented in the first place. A good conservative will say something like "The founders thought so so I will to" and they will go along with it. In the meantime they don't understand that their vote has just been nullified by this argument.

Of course, socons are all about that. Government making decisions over our bodies, and look at the horrible results that come from that

• Banned

Of course, socons are all about that. Government making decisions over our bodies, and look at the horrible results that come from that

You didn't read it.

You didn't read it.

I was agreeing with you that many Republicans are what you say, there are a lot of authoritarian rightists. I find your argument a bit contrived though. And the Federal government isn't a democracy, the States are

We are a Constitutional Republic

Forum List

Back