Did You Know That Democrats Have Tried to Impeach EVERY Elected Republican President since 1960?

So the Donald shouldnt feel so special I guess, the Dims go rabid on every Republican President for the last 60 years!

Snopes confirms that the Democrats have tried to impeach EVERY elected Republican President since Eisenhower.

Nolte: Snopes Confirms Dems Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower
Except of course Snopes called this claim "Mostly False"

This claim is both factually inaccurate and misleading.

The U.S. has had six republican presidents since Eisenhower left office in 1961: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump. The claim is wrong on its face because Democrats made no effort to impeach Ford. While a handful of Democratic lawmakers have introduced articles of impeachment against five of the last six Republican presidents, in most cases these efforts weren’t taken seriously by the party at large. Nixon and Trump have been the only Republican presidents since Ike who have faced a serious threat of impeachment.

To sum up: This meme claims that Democrats have tried to impeach every Republican president since Eisenhower. As no impeachment efforts were made against Gerald Ford, this claim is false. It is true, however, that articles of impeachment were filed against five of the last six Republican presidents. In two of those cases (Reagan and Bush Sr.), these efforts were led by a handful of politicians and did not receive support from the Democratic party as a whole. It should also be noted that the most serious impeachment effort, that against Nixon, received bipartisan support.
I did not repeat that meme, stupid. I said every ELECTED Republican President since Eisenhower, and Ford was NOT ELECTED, doofus.

Stop lying about me, you drooling inbred cretin.

Obstruction applies to obstruction of a lawful investigation.

Congressional investigations do not carry the same wight as a court of law when it comes to issuing subpoenas unless both parties agree.

You take it to an actual court and then the court makes a ruling, just ask Eric Holder.

Withholding official documents, demanding staff do not cooperate

Why should a person not follow their attorney's advice and allow documents go to or have staff testify in front of a rigged investigation where there is no right to cross examine or to call your own witness? This Intel committee doe snot have a judge or neutral arbiter, and does not have traditional rights respected or due process either.

He should tell Shiff to stuff it and meet him in Court, and nothing about that is 'obstruction'.
Trump has a right to withhold personal documents. Official documents of his duty as President do not belong to him, they belong to the people. Interaction with a foreign government is an official function

Trump has a fifth amendment right to remain silent. He does not have a right to demand those who work for him, but are paid by the taxpayer to remain silent

So the Donald shouldnt feel so special I guess, the Dims go rabid on every Republican President for the last 60 years!

Snopes confirms that the Democrats have tried to impeach EVERY elected Republican President since Eisenhower.

Nolte: Snopes Confirms Dems Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower

^^ Tries to cite Snopes, then links to Dimbart :rofl:

From the actual Snopes page, what Dimbart "forgot" to mention:

>> What's False
Articles of impeachment were not introduced against President Gerald Ford; a handful of Democratic politicians filed articles of impeachment against President George H. W. Bush Sr. and President Ronald Reagan but their efforts did not receive the backing of the entire Democratic party; and the impeachment efforts against President Richard Nixon received bipartisan support. <<​

Oh and O'bama had similar articles filed which similarly to the above, went nowhere. So in fact the last six POTUSes have had some articles filed whether the articles had any support or not. Several of them came from a single Congressman Henry Gonzalez of Texas. So several times where the OP (or Dimbart) refers to "the Democrats" they actually refer to a singular.

And before Eisenhower, Truman faced calls for impeachment when he fired MacArthur. So did FDR before him.

Sorry OP, paints on far.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed,sorry Jim,you just lost your credibility major big time using SNOPES a propaganda piece as your source.:lmao::laughing0301:

using snopes as a source thats the same thing as taking bill clintons word for it when he said-i did not have sex with that woman.:laughing0301::lmao:

My Gawd, you people are freaking stupid.

I did not cite Snopes, I cited a columnist who cited Snopes, duh.

And his point is that Snopes INADVERTENTLY admitted that Democrats had tried to impeach every elected Republican President since 1960, to which I asked if there were similar impeachment efforts by Republicans other than Clinton. Pogo the Nogo asserts that Obama had impeachment charges filed, but provides no proof of it, of course.

Thank you for reminding me why I have you on ignore; you are a freaking moron! lol

Trump has a right to withhold personal documents. Official documents of his duty as President do not belong to him, they belong to the people. Interaction with a foreign government is an official function

Trump has a fifth amendment right to remain silent. He does not have a right to demand those who work for him, but are paid by the taxpayer to remain silent
Trump has the right to assert Executive privilege, and if Congress disagrees then they go to court.

Telling Schiff to buzz off is not itself a crime.

Ask Eric Holder who was charged by Congress with contempt of Congress multiple times.

Last edited:

Trump has the right to assert Executive privilege, and if Congress disagrees then they go to court.

Telling Schiff to buzz off is not itself a crime.

Ask Eric Holder who was chargeed by Congress with contempt of Congress multiple times.

Trump is abusing his right of Executive Privilege. It does not mean that Congress has no oversight of his actions as President

Nixon thought he had Executive Privilege, so did Clinton
The courts told him otherwise

You know, you guys really need to read the link.................especially this part..........

The U.S. has had six republican presidents since Eisenhower left office in 1961: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump. The claim is wrong on its face because Democrats made no effort to impeach Ford. While a handful of Democratic lawmakers have introduced articles of impeachment against five of the last six Republican presidents, in most cases these efforts weren’t taken seriously by the party at large. Nixon and Trump have been the only Republican presidents since Ike who have faced a serious threat of impeachment.

It clearly states that only a handful of democratic lawmakers have introduced articles of impeachment, but they were not taken seriously by the party at large. Basically, that means there was someone like AOC running around in the Congress of every Republican president who held office since Ike, but nobody paid any attention to them and the bills were never passed or brought to the floor.

The news probably didn't report it because it wasn't something that Congress was taking seriously, so there was no need to report on it. The only impeachment proceedings that have been taken seriously and actual action was taken by Congress was with Nixon, Clinton, and now Trump.
No cup cake for you, loser.

lol, I lived through those times and the calls for impeachment against Reagan, W Bush and others were as real as any others.

How many times have Dims voted to impeach DJT already? Three I think? All defeated and this one, if it goes to the Senate will not be upheld either.

Dems do not believe ANY Republican President is legit, no matter who they are and will move to impeach as a reflex.

They were calling for Trumps impeachment 19 minutes after he finished being sworn in!

As to the Ford thingy, I said ELECTED Republican Presidents. Ford was not elected.

Really? Are you sure about that? Because Wiki has a nice summary of them for you.

Impeachment investigations of United States federal officials - Wikipedia

Richard M. Nixon (Republican)
Main articles: Impeachment process of Richard Nixon, Watergate scandal, and US v. Nixon

President Richard Nixon leaving the White House on Marine One shortly before his resignation became effective, August 9, 1974[10]

On October 30, 1973, the House Judiciary Committee began consideration of the possible impeachment of Richard Nixon.[11] The initial straight party-line votes by a 21–17 margin that established an impeachment inquiry were focused around how extensive the subpoena powers Rodino would have would be.[12]

After a three-month-long investigation, and with public pressure to impeach the president growing, the House passed a resolution, H.Res. 803, on February 6, 1974, that gave the Judiciary Committee authority to actually investigate charges against the President.[13][14] The hearings lasted until the summer when, after much wrangling, the Judiciary Committee voted three articles of impeachment to the floor of the House, the furthest an impeachment proceeding had progressed in over a century.

With the release of new tapes — after the administration lost the case of US v. Nixon — and with impeachment and removal by the Senate all but certain,[15] on August 9, 1974, Nixon became the first president to resign.

Ronald Reagan (Republican)
Main articles: Iran-Contra affair, Reagan administration scandals, and Nicaragua v. United States

On March 6, 1987, Representative Henry B. Gonzalez introduced articles of impeachment against President Ronald Reagan regarding the Iran Contra affair, leading to the joint hearings that dominated the summer. A special prosecutor was appointed.

George H. W. Bush (Republican)
On January 16, 1991, Congressman Henry B. Gonzalez introduced H. Res. 34 to impeach President George H. W. Bush for starting the Gulf War. The resolution was referred to the Judiciary Committee, where it was struck down.[16] Gonzalez tried again with H. Res. 86 on February 21. Both bills were referred to the Subcommittee on Economic and Commercial Law on March 18, 1992, where the efforts also failed.

George W. Bush (Republican)
Main article: Efforts to impeach George W. Bush

Due to the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, President George W. Bush and other officials were targets of impeachment efforts. None of these efforts advanced past the hearing stage.

It clearly states that none of the impeachments went past the hearing stage with the exception of Nixon who left before he could be impeached, and Reagan. And, while a special prosecutor was appointed to investigate Reagan, he was later cleared of the Iran Contra scandal, you know the one where we were trading guns for drugs?
Thank y ou for confirming that Democrats tried to impeach all of these Republican Presidents.

Other thann Clinton, how many Republicans have had articles of impeachment introduced in committee on Carter, LBJ, Obama or JFK?

Actually, articles of impeachment WERE introduced on Obama. Carter was a pretty bland president and didn't really rock the boat. JFK was shot before he could rock the boat. But, articles of impeachment WERE submitted by Republicans on Obama. From the same link I earlier used.............

Barack Obama (Democrat)
Main article: Efforts to impeach Barack Obama
In March 2012, Representative Walter B. Jones introduced H. Con. Res. 107, calling for Congress to hold the sentiment that certain actions of President Barack Obama be considered as impeachable offenses, including the CIA's drone program in Afghanistan and Pakistan.[20] The resolution died in the House Judiciary Committee.

On December 3, 2013, the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on whether or not to impeach the president. At the hearing, there were views among Republicans that the president had not done his duty and that he abused his executive power.[21][22]

Trump is abusing his right of Executive Privilege. It does not mean that Congress has no oversight of his actions as President
That is your opinion. Your opinion is not an impeachable factoid.
Impeachment is supposed to be a response to a specific act that is a crime.

The only crime here is that Trump did not let Hillary have her turn at being President.

On December 3, 2013, the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on whether or not to impeach the president. At the hearing, there were views among Republicans that the president had not done his duty and that he abused his executive power.[21][22]
Thank you for the information.

I was unaware that the committee actually took that bill up for consideration.

So two Republican impeachment efforts since 1960 vrs EVERY elected Republican?

Democrats reflexively claim Republican Presidents are stupid, criminal and evil without exception and reflexively move to impeach elected Republican POTUS and a first item as soon as they can no matter who it is or what they have done. Their history clearly demonstrates this behavior.

That is your opinion. Your opinion is not an impeachable factoid.
Impeachment is supposed to be a response to a specific act that is a crime.

The only crime here is that Trump did not let Hillary have her turn at being President.

That is in the Constitution
Trumps impeachment is due to a specific act that is criminal
That act is using his position to extort politically damaging information on an opponent

That act is using his position to extort politically damaging information on an opponent

How do you know that that is the sole intent of encouraging the Ukrainian President to look into the origins of the Steel Dossier?

It is also a law enforcement issue, and that is the POTUS job, is it not?

It is also a treaty obligation with the UIkraine.

You Dims seem to think that if a Democrat is subjected to a legal investigation it is always purely due to political needs and tactics.

I.e. you are merely projecting your own way of thinking on everyone else.

Joe Biden's son Hunter was a conduit for favors and pay offs and that much is apparent. Emails have been uncovered where Burisma execs tell the State Department that they have Hunter on their board and therefore they should look elsewhere for corruption, lol.

This pile of Tammany Hall style politics is coming to an end, dude. Get used to it.

Trump is going to be President till January of 2025.

Doesn't say much for the Republican Presidents.

Reagan should have been for his Iran Contra scheme. Bush Jr for lying to take us to war in Iraq. Trump will be for just being a flaming asshole.

Reagan should have been for his Iran Contra scheme. Bush Jr for lying to take us to war in Iraq. Trump will be for just being a flaming asshole.
Yes, one shouldnt oppose Democrats, that is unAmerican!

lol

How do you know that that is the sole intent of encouraging the Ukrainian President to look into the origins of the Steel Dossier?

You Dims seem to think that if a Democrat is subjected to a legal investigation it is always purely due to political needs and tactics.

Joe Biden's son Hunter was a conduit for favors and pay offs and that much is apparent. Emails have been uncovered where Burisma execs tell the State Department that they have Hunter on their board and therefore they should look elsewhere for corruption, lol.

This pile of Tammany Hall style politics is coming to an end, dude. Get used to it.

You think that is funny, RWer?

How about a bet that Trump wins re-election?

I remember that they tried to impeach Bush sr for the Gulf War and they did it right before the election to suppress GOP turn-out and it worked, that is how we got the Impeached Rapist president.

^^ Tries to cite Snopes, then links to Dimbart :rofl:

From the actual Snopes page, what Dimbart "forgot" to mention:

>> What's False
Articles of impeachment were not introduced against President Gerald Ford; a handful of Democratic politicians filed articles of impeachment against President George H. W. Bush Sr. and President Ronald Reagan but their efforts did not receive the backing of the entire Democratic party; and the impeachment efforts against President Richard Nixon received bipartisan support. <<​

Oh and O'bama had similar articles filed which similarly to the above, went nowhere. So in fact the last six POTUSes have had some articles filed whether the articles had any support or not. Several of them came from a single Congressman Henry Gonzalez of Texas. So several times where the OP (or Dimbart) refers to "the Democrats" they actually refer to a singular.

And before Eisenhower, Truman faced calls for impeachment when he fired MacArthur. So did FDR before him.

Sorry OP, paints on far.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed,sorry Jim,you just lost your credibility major big time using SNOPES a propaganda piece as your source.:lmao::laughing0301:

using snopes as a source thats the same thing as taking bill clintons word for it when he said-i did not have sex with that woman.:laughing0301::lmao:

My Gawd, you people are freaking stupid.

I did not cite Snopes, I cited a columnist who cited Snopes, duh.

And his point is that Snopes INADVERTENTLY admitted that Democrats had tried to impeach every elected Republican President since 1960, to which I asked if there were similar impeachment efforts by Republicans other than Clinton. Pogo the Nogo asserts that Obama had impeachment charges filed, but provides no proof of it, of course.

Thank you for reminding me why I have you on ignore; you are a freaking moron! lol

Once AGAIN Stupid ---- "Henry Gonzalez" --- that's one (1) person --- does not comprise "the Democrats" (plural)

As for O'bama:

>> In May 2010, Republican Darrell Issa of California stated that the allegation that the White House had offered Pennsylvania Representative Joe Sestak a job to persuade Sestak to drop out of the Pennsylvania Senate primary election against Arlen Specter "is one that everyone from Arlen Spector to Dick Morris has said is in fact a crime, and could be impeachable".[6] (one)

.... In August 2011, Republican Congressman Michael C. Burgess of Texas agreed with a rally audience member that the impeachment of Barack Obama "needs to happen" in order to prevent Obama from "pushing his agenda". (two)

... In May 2013, Republican Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma stated that President Obama could be impeached over what he alleged was a White House cover-up after the deadly attack against two United States government facilities in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012.[12] Inhofe said that "of all the great cover-ups in history—the Pentagon papers, Iran-Contra, Watergate, all the rest of them—this ... is going to go down as most egregious cover-up in American history".[12] (three)

... Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz of Utah also stated in an interview that impeachment was "within the realm of possibilities" with regard to the September 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi, Libya, later clarifying that "it's not something I'm seeking" and that "I'm not willing to take that off the table". (four)

... At a 2013 town hall meeting with constituents, two years after Obama had released his long-form birth certificate to the public, Congressman Blake Farenthold said that Obama should be impeached due to conspiracy theories relating to Obama's birth certificate. Farenthold said that he thinks that "the House is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue."[17] (five)

.... On August 19, 2013, Republican Congressman Kerry Bentivolio stated that if he could write articles of impeachment, "it would be a dream come true". To help in achieving that goal, he retained experts and historians.[18][19] (six)

.... During the debt ceiling crisis of 2013, which was the result of Republicans refusing to raise the debt ceiling unless President Obama agreed to defund the Affordable Care Act, House Representative Louie Gohmert said it would be an "impeachable offense" of the United States as a result of the crisis.[20] (seven)

.... The convention of the South Dakota Republican Party voted in a 196-176 resolution to call for the impeachment of Obama based on his action to release five detainees from Guantanamo Bay in order to free Bowe Bergdahl from his Taliban captors.[22][23] (eight)

... Congressmember Allen West expressed the view that the prisoner exchange that brought the release of Bowe Bergdahl was grounds for impeachment.[24][20] (nine)

.... In May 2016, the Oklahoma Legislature filed a measure asking the representatives from Oklahoma in the House of Representatives to impeach Obama, the U.S. attorney general, the U.S. secretary of education and any other administration officials involved in the decision to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms corresponding to their gender identity, alleging that these federal officials had exceeded their constitutional authority by issuing a directive to state schools. The same resolution also "condemns the actions of the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice and the Office for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education ... as contrary to the values of the citizens of Oklahoma".[26] (ten-plus)

... On July 8, 2014, the former Governor of Alaska and 2008 Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin publicly called for Obama's impeachment for "purposeful dereliction of duty".[30] In a full statement, she said: "It’s time to impeach; and on behalf of American workers and legal immigrants of all backgrounds, we should vehemently oppose any politician on the left or right who would hesitate in voting for articles of impeachment."[31][32] (eleven-plus)

--- Wiki: Efforts to Impeach Barack O'bama

Should note that Dennis Kuchinich was in there too but he wasn't a Republican.​

God DAMN, it's almost like anybody could look this up. That is ---- if they wanted to.

You think that is funny, RWer?

Fool me once.....
I don’t bet Conservatives on this board. They do not pay up

I remember that they tried to impeach Bush sr for the Gulf War and they did it right before the election to suppress GOP turn-out and it worked, that is how we got the Impeached Rapist president.
Got a link on that?

Fool me once.....
I don’t bet Conservatives on this board. They do not pay up
Wow, you lefties are all in on group guilt, arent you?

Anyway, I am not a conservative, dude.

But this demonstrates your lack of confidence in Trump losing.

You are such a fool, it is worthy of a chuckle from time to time.

OK, back on Ignore.

Got a link on that?
Henry B. González - Wikipedia
do you need any more help?

Henry B. Gonzalez was a nasty racist bigot Democrat.
He hated Anglos/Wasps.

Forum List

Back