Did You Know That Democrats Have Tried to Impeach EVERY Elected Republican President since 1960?

Republicans who deserved impeachment

Nixon: Watergate
Reagan: Iran Contra
Bush 43: Lying to start Iraq War
Trump: Offering military aid in return for personal favors

Johnson: Lying about the Gulf of Tonkin
Carter: Total ineptness
Clinton: Lying under oath, and obstruction of justice

Maybe if they weren't all so slimy, they wouldn't be getting impeached.

I uh don't think those are Republicans. Might wanna check me, I didn't look it up.

I don't think you have made the point you think you have. That's all I'm going to say.
Pogo is an idiot who thinks repeating known facts against is assertions somehow magically turn those statements into supporting statement.s

EVERY ELECTED REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT GETS BROUGHT UP ON IMPEACHMENT AGAINST THEM BY DEMOCRATS.

ALL OF THEM, WITH ZERO EXCEPTIONS.

Trump did nothing illegal except for winning against a Dimocrat in 2016.

Again, Stupid ---- "Henry Gonzalez" is not "Democrats".

What elected Republican President was not mocked by Democrats for being either stupid, ignorant or evil?

Name one that Democrats have liked since 1960.

Once AGAIN, there were no Republican POTUSes at all from (Jan) 1961 to 1969 so you're deliberately padding your window. And number two, you're asking for a blanket generalization, which is a fallacy, and number three, you're asking for that blanket generalization to make a value judgment, which is subjective. That means you're asking for somebody to make a sweeping generalization on what a population "likes".

You're a mess, dood.

LBJ, probably yes
Carter: Ineptness is not a high crime and misdemeanor
Clinton: Lying about a blowjob is not a high crime either

Yep, and one or a handful of Democrats proposing possbile Articles of Impeachment is not "tried to impeach" - that would be Articles of Impeachment put to a vote in the House.

But, brutalizing language is a small price to pay in order to acquire a (yet another) victim card. If these goofs couldn't whine or lie, we wouldn't hear from them, ever.

Yep, and one or a handful of Democrats proposing possbile Articles of Impeachment is not "tried to impeach" - that would be Articles of Impeachment put to a vote in the House.

But, brutalizing language is a small price to pay in order to acquire a (yet another) victim card. If these goofs couldn't whine or lie, we wouldn't hear from them, ever.
An isolated Congressman advocating impeachment is not an attempt to impeach

So the Donald shouldnt feel so special I guess, the Dims go rabid on every Republican President for the last 60 years!

Snopes confirms that the Democrats have tried to impeach EVERY elected Republican President since Eisenhower.

Nolte: Snopes Confirms Dems Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower

^^ Tries to cite Snopes, then links to Dimbart :rofl:

From the actual Snopes page, what Dimbart "forgot" to mention:

>> What's False
Articles of impeachment were not introduced against President Gerald Ford; a handful of Democratic politicians filed articles of impeachment against President George H. W. Bush Sr. and President Ronald Reagan but their efforts did not receive the backing of the entire Democratic party; and the impeachment efforts against President Richard Nixon received bipartisan support. <<​

Oh and O'bama had similar articles filed which similarly to the above, went nowhere. So in fact the last six POTUSes have had some articles filed whether the articles had any support or not. Several of them came from a single Congressman Henry Gonzalez of Texas. So several times where the OP (or Dimbart) refers to "the Democrats" they actually refer to a singular.

And before Eisenhower, Truman faced calls for impeachment when he fired MacArthur. So did FDR before him.

Sorry OP, paints on far.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed,sorry Jim,you just lost your credibility major big time using SNOPES a propaganda piece as your source.:lmao::laughing0301:

using snopes as a source thats the same thing as taking bill clintons word for it when he said-i did not have sex with that woman.:laughing0301::lmao:

Yep, and one or a handful of Democrats proposing possible Articles of Impeachment is not "tried to impeach" - that would be Articles of Impeachment put to a vote in the House.

Did you try to contradict what I said? I believe, you should read my posting again.

So the Donald shouldnt feel so special I guess, the Dims go rabid on every Republican President for the last 60 years!

Snopes confirms that the Democrats have tried to impeach EVERY elected Republican President since Eisenhower.

Nolte: Snopes Confirms Dems Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower
Except of course Snopes called this claim "Mostly False"

This claim is both factually inaccurate and misleading.

The U.S. has had six republican presidents since Eisenhower left office in 1961: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump. The claim is wrong on its face because Democrats made no effort to impeach Ford. While a handful of Democratic lawmakers have introduced articles of impeachment against five of the last six Republican presidents, in most cases these efforts weren’t taken seriously by the party at large. Nixon and Trump have been the only Republican presidents since Ike who have faced a serious threat of impeachment.

To sum up: This meme claims that Democrats have tried to impeach every Republican president since Eisenhower. As no impeachment efforts were made against Gerald Ford, this claim is false. It is true, however, that articles of impeachment were filed against five of the last six Republican presidents. In two of those cases (Reagan and Bush Sr.), these efforts were led by a handful of politicians and did not receive support from the Democratic party as a whole. It should also be noted that the most serious impeachment effort, that against Nixon, received bipartisan support.

Yep, and one or a handful of Democrats proposing possible Articles of Impeachment is not "tried to impeach" - that would be Articles of Impeachment put to a vote in the House.

Did you try to contradict what I said? I believe, you should read my posting again.
Damn.....
Some people get so bitchy when you agree with them

And none were impeached by the House, but this president will likely be, should tell you something.
Well what crime would Trump be impeached for?

Obstruction of Congress? That is not a crime.

Quid Pro Quo with a foreign government? That is his job, to conduct foreign policy (for which QPQ is a central core component) and to enforce our laws which prohibit the use of foreign intell in our campaigns and to prohibit extortion of foreign governments.

Where is Trumps alleged crime? Hurting Democrat feelings? That is not a crime either.

And none were impeached by the House, but this president will likely be, should tell you something.
Well what crime would Trump be impeached for?

Obstruction of Congress? That is not a crime.

Quid Pro Quo with a foreign government? That is his job, to conduct foreign policy (for which QPQ is a central core component) and to enforce our laws which prohibit the use of foreign intell in our campaigns and to prohibit extortion of foreign governments.

Where is Trumps alleged crime? Hurting Democrat feelings? That is not a crime either.

Obstruction applies to obstruction of a lawful investigation. Withholding official documents, demanding staff do not cooperate
Quid pro quo is not a crime. The crime comes in withholding military aid unless personal favors are granted

Obstruction applies to obstruction of a lawful investigation.

Congressional investigations do not carry the same wight as a court of law when it comes to issuing subpoenas unless both parties agree.

You take it to an actual court and then the court makes a ruling, just ask Eric Holder.

Withholding official documents, demanding staff do not cooperate

Why should a person not follow their attorney's advice and allow documents go to or have staff testify in front of a rigged investigation where there is no right to cross examine or to call your own witness? This Intel committee doe snot have a judge or neutral arbiter, and does not have traditional rights respected or due process either.

He should tell Shiff to stuff it and meet him in Court, and nothing about that is 'obstruction'.

Forum List

Back