Did you know Ben Carson has no idea what the debt ceiling is?

R

rdean

Ben Carson botches debt ceiling interview - Business Insider

Ryssdal: I'm going try one more time, sir. This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You're always going ask the same question every year. And we're just gonna keep going down that pathway. That's one of the things I think that the people are tired of.

Ryssdal: I'm really trying not to be circular here, Dr. Carson, but if you're not going to raise the debt limit and you're not going to give specifics on what you're gonna cut, then how are we going to know what you are going to do as president of the United States?

----------------------

Hilarious.

Most of these non career politicians don't seem to understand that they need to research some of these topics. Red meat to the base can only last so long, especially in a Presidential election.

Just more proof that Carson isn't qualified for President.

If you're lucky, the closet a Physician gets to Processes and Procedures is a Superbill.

We go through this every time. The RWs always blame President Obama for putting us deeper in debt instead of understanding that he doesn't have anything to do with that.

And they never understand what the debt ceiling is.
Ryan/Boehner tell obama to spend away!! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We'll explain it again but they won't understand it this time either.

Not at all surprised that Carson doesn't understand it either. Neither do PaulRubioCruz. They voted for the debt but now say they'll filibuster against raising the debt ceiling. How do these yahoos get elected?

I miss GW, let's elect Sean Hannity.
The problem is that most Americans don't know what the Debt Ceiling is because the name doesn't describe what it is.
It should be called the "How much do we need to borrow to pay off our incurred Debts?".

Full interview: Dr. Ben Carson on the economy | Marketplace.org

Full interview.................he knows what the Debt Ceiling is.............He said he wants to Freeze Spending and will not continue us down the path to year after year of raising the debt limit.............which leads to more and more debt...................................

Basically, he is saying that he wants to cut the credit card off..................

He also stated that he would order every department of the Federal Gov't to make 3 to 4% cuts across the board........CEO's do this all the time in business..................Dept. heads...........meeting..................cut your spending by x amount give me your proposed cuts for approval............................................

Full interview.................he knows what the Debt Ceiling is.............He said he wants to Freeze Spending and will not continue us down the path to year after year of raising the debt limit.............which leads to more and more debt...................................

Basically, he is saying that he wants to cut the credit card off..................

He also stated that he would order every department of the Federal Gov't to make 3 to 4% cuts across the board........CEO's do this all the time in business..................Dept. heads...........meeting..................cut your spending by x amount give me your proposed cuts for approval............................................

And we all know HOW CEOs do it...Business Visas and off-shoring.
Then again, Cheney off-shored our Military already.

Different Topic................Federal Agencies find a 4 % cut.................or I'll find someone who can..............

I think he's being obtuse about this. The debt ceiling has branding power with rebel republicans.

Different Topic................Federal Agencies find a 4 % cut.................or I'll find someone who can..............

Not quite true, I believe Michigan was the first state to import H1-Bs for their IT.
Disgusting.

I'm not sure I understand it either,

is it like having a credit card and I keep getting the limit set higher so I can borrow more, I'd hate to go over the limit. Should I spend less or just keep the limit going up. Of course its not my choice is it.

Who raise the US debt limit, the Federal Reserve?

2016-budget-chart-discretionary-mandatory-interest-on-debt2_large_0.png

If the Gov't was doing it's job......12 Appropriations bills should be on Obama's desk.................Discretionary spending.........The President then either signs the 12 or veto's some or all..................None are getting passed..............and we CR again, and again, and again, and again............

Ferris Bueller...........Ferris Bueller.....................

We ran out of money In March................and Now with the deadline looming...........it's ALL OR NOTHING AGAIN...........and more Continuing Resolutions................down to the wire.............Oh my God I'm biting my nails..................Everyone IS GOING TO DIE......................................AHHHHHHH................

BS..........Mandatory spending goes out....................Non essential personnel are furloughed........most will get back pay for their time off............In the 1995/1996 shutdowns........one period was 26 days........................We DIDN'T DEFAULT............Mandatory spending goes out..................NO default.....................Interest payments go out..................

Make fiscal cuts or a lot of Federal Employees are gonna be sitting at home if they aren't essential..............

http://crfb.org/sites/default/files...ou_should_know_about_government_shutdowns.pdf

Not quite true, I believe Michigan was the first state to import H1-Bs for their IT.
Disgusting.
I don't support that...........Trimming the fat of Federal agencies by 4%.........cry me a river.

Cut Medicare and the elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.
Cut the Military and the elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.
Cut Medicare for elderly Republicans who have divested their assets and elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.

Disgusting.
I don't support that...........Trimming the fat of Federal agencies by 4%.........cry me a river.

The candidates who support their followers cannot easily cut the fat.
Their Party Clubs and Rallys will become Ghost Towns.

I think he's being obtuse about this. The debt ceiling has branding power with rebel republicans.

Seriously?

As in, he's purposely being dumb to attract RWNJs who don't know what the debt ceiling is?

I doubt it. More likely he doesn't know either.

But yes, his ignorance does appeal to some.

Appropriations bill (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Types of appropriations bills[edit]
There are three types of appropriations bills: regular appropriations bills, continuing resolutions, andsupplemental appropriations bills.[1] In any given fiscal year, all three may be used.

Regular appropriations bills[edit]
Traditionally, regular appropriations bills have provided most of the federal government's annual funding.[3] The text of the bill is divided into "accounts" with some larger agencies having several separate accounts (for things like salaries or research/development) and some smaller agencies just having one.[3] The appropriations bill provides a specified amount of money for each individual account, and can also include conditions or restrictions on the use of the money.[3]

Agencies cannot move money from one account to another without permission from Congress, which can be found in some appropriations bills.[3] These are known as transfers. Agencies can shift some of the funding around to different activities within the same account, known as reprogramming.[3] The appropriations subcommittees oversee such changes.

Occasionally Congress packages several of the twelve appropriations bills into one larger bill called an omnibus spending bill or an omnibus appropriation measure. Often the bills are considered separately at the beginning and get combined later because inability to pass bills individually has led to the exigency of a potential government shutdown.[3] Omnibus bills can "veto-proof" items: measures that the president would otherwise veto can be passed by folding them into an omnibus bill, the vetoing of which would be perceived as harmful.[4]

Continuing resolutions[edit]
When a new fiscal year starts on October 1 and Congress has not passed some or all of the regular appropriations bills, Congress extends their funding and budget authority from the previous year, with possible minor modifications, using a continuing resolution.[1] If all twelve regular appropriations bills have been passed, a continuing resolution will not be necessary.

Continuing resolutions typically provide funding at a rate or formula based on the previous year's funding.[5] The funding extends until a specific date or regular appropriations bills are passed, whichever comes first. There can be some changes to some of the accounts in a continuing resolution.

History[edit]
Between fiscal year 1977 and fiscal year 2012, Congress only passed all twelve regular appropriations bills on time in four years - fiscal years 1977, 1989, 1995, and 1997.[5] Every other fiscal year since 1977 has required at least one continuing resolution. For example, in 2013, Congress failed to agree on any regular appropriations bills prior to the start of fiscal year 2014. An attempt was made to pass the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 (H.J.Res 59) prior to October 1, but the House and Senate could not agree on its provisions, leading to the United States federal government shutdown of 2013.[11][12] The federal government resumed operations on October 17, 2013 after the passage of a continuing resolution, the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014, that provided funding until January 15, 2014.[13] On January 15, 2014, Congress passed another continuing resolution, H.J.Res. 106Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2014, to provide funding until January 18, 2014.[14]Congress finally passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014, an omnibus appropriations bill, on January 17, 2014 to provide funding for the remainder of fiscal year 2014.[15]

Seriously?

As in, he's purposely being dumb to attract RWNJs who don't know what the debt ceiling is?

Well there's been the whole thing with congress and the debt ceiling. I think it is the same tactic of latching on to the debt ceiling term. They've gotten the message, but persist in the charade.

Seriously?

The Debt Ceiling is the Pie in the Sky with unlimited borrowing paid back by pixie dust............

The Debt Ceiling is a tool to try and reverse course on our enormous debt...................To FIND CUTS to stop having to borrow...........

Obama's initial budget proposes an added $74 billion in spending, Cornyn dismisses it as 'happy talk'

Yet he asks to increase spending by 74 Billion..................

Cut Medicare and the elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.
Cut the Military and the elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.
Cut Medicare for elderly Republicans who have divested their assets and elderly Republicans will literally shit in their pants.
They already cut the military under Sequestration..............

Medicare is a SCARE TACTIC..........BOOOOO........It is HALLOWEEN coming up...........So lets get on TV and scare the shit out of the elderly WHEN IT IS UNDER MANDATORY SPENDING...................oops...........IT DOESN'T GET CUT...............

Nice costume though.....................You know something though...........the Lie there actually works..............

Same danged game.............same danged Lies......................BOO.

Forum List

Back