Did the Supreme Court Set a Date?

RGS, stop the obfuscation, please. Common knowledge was, during the arguments, that the decision would be released in early June. That has not happened yet.

The Court only releases decisions at the end of the Session unless it is an emergency decision. They have done that through out the History of the Court. And historically the only release the most contentious ones on the last day of releases.

But you liberals make up all the lies and misinformation you want.

So the term is ending next week?

Who makes the Court's session schedule?
The last days for oral arguments were in May. Their term is from October to July. But, that doesn't mean they take the summer off. They are busy writing decisions during that time, as well.

As with any high court (appellate and supreme), they parties to the case never know when their decision will come down. It can be a matter of weeks, or months. And, the parties to the case must be informed of the decision before it is released to the public.

I see nothing unusual about the public still not knowing what the decision is. This is SOP for any high court. And, I am impressed with likely the only agency and a branch of the US government who actually knows how to keep their mouths shut. The Executive Office needs to take note.

ETA: Home - Supreme Court of the United States

Okay. So we shouldn't expect any decisions between July and October. Is that what you're saying?

I think what is being said is (1) the arguments were in March, (2) that the decision would be released in early June, (3) the decision is not yet released, and (4) none of us know the reason.

So the term is ending next week?

Who makes the Court's session schedule?
The last days for oral arguments were in May. Their term is from October to July. But, that doesn't mean they take the summer off. They are busy writing decisions during that time, as well.

As with any high court (appellate and supreme), they parties to the case never know when their decision will come down. It can be a matter of weeks, or months. And, the parties to the case must be informed of the decision before it is released to the public.

I see nothing unusual about the public still not knowing what the decision is. This is SOP for any high court. And, I am impressed with likely the only agency and a branch of the US government who actually knows how to keep their mouths shut. The Executive Office needs to take note.

Okay. So we shouldn't expect any decisions between July and October. Is that what you're saying?
Maybe. I'm pretty much saying that we can go with the averages - times from oral to release of opinions. Past trends indicate that few opinions come out during that time.

But, really, I don't think we should expect a thing as far as time is concerned. (Personally, I am waiting on pins and needles for an appellate decision her in my state. I can guestimate when that might happen based on past trends, but that's the best I can do. I am not an attorney, though, just an interested party.)

RGS, stop the obfuscation, please. Common knowledge was, during the arguments, that the decision would be released in early June. That has not happened yet.

I remember them saying "late June". Just Google "late June" and healthcare decision and restrict the search to March. I get a lot of "late June" and even one "late June or early July".

E.g., from March 26:

Today the Supreme Court begins hearing arguments on the health care reform law. Here we map the possible outcomes, following the Court’s schedule over the next three days. The Court will hear all three days of arguments, even if they eventually decide not to decide the bulk of the case, and is unlikely to issue a decision on the case until late June or early July.

What’s at Stake in the Supreme Court’s Health Care Decisions - ProPublica

I remember them saying "late June". Just Google "late June" and healthcare decision and restrict the search to March. I get a lot of "late June" and even one "late June or early July".

E.g., from March 26:

Today the Supreme Court begins hearing arguments on the health care reform law. Here we map the possible outcomes, following the Court’s schedule over the next three days. The Court will hear all three days of arguments, even if they eventually decide not to decide the bulk of the case, and is unlikely to issue a decision on the case until late June or early July.

What’s at Stake in the Supreme Court’s Health Care Decisions - ProPublica

No No even though they listed 3 days for releasing decisions this month let the leftbots claim it is all a Republican ploy.

The weirdbots to the extremist right are being weird is all, folks. Move along, folks,nothing to see until Associate Justice Kennedy figures out what he is figuring out. Then we will all know.

False...

Link to anything saying "early June", please...

Oh wait, you're FakeStarkey - You don't backup your claims...

Backup your claim, FakeJake....

Your lies do not go unchallenged here...

Man up and support your bullshit...

Maybe. I'm pretty much saying that we can go with the averages - times from oral to release of opinions. Past trends indicate that few opinions come out during that time.

But, really, I don't think we should expect a thing as far as time is concerned. (Personally, I am waiting on pins and needles for an appellate decision her in my state. I can guestimate when that might happen based on past trends, but that's the best I can do. I am not an attorney, though, just an interested party.)

My point in the OP was that since justices are not children and they are appointed by and approved by politicians; the atmosphere exists for politically timed decisions being handed down.

If I'm reading you right--the averages--this hasn't happened and it may never happen. But wouldn't it just be smart to prevent it all together so there is no chance at politically motivated timings of verdicts in an election year?

Say...there is a "black out" from Labor Day until January 1 or so.

Date Argued

11-398. Department of Health and Human Servs. v. Florida 03/26/12

11-182. Arizona v. United States 04/25/12

well, the Arizona law was argued a full moth past the arguments for the ACA and the Arizona ruling has already been issued ...

after reading the other posts politics may or may not have been involved in delaying an opinion but not in the timing of the release and arguably the former possibly could still have relevance to the timing as waiting to the "last" day does display a political and timed decision relevant to its outcome for that particular case.

Forum List

Back