Did evolution happen ?

If evolution it a fact, then why are there apes today like there were hundreds of thousands of years ago? And why haven't they evolved into humans, like evolutionists believe?

That's not the theory.

Apes and humans ... in fact, humans and every species on earth have common ancestors.

Species diverge when a single member of that species mutates. Those mutations are passed on to that member's offspring leaving the original species unchanged.

Sorry. Being a biblical creationist, I don't subscribe to that "theory."

If evolution it a fact, then why are there apes today like there were hundreds of thousands of years ago? And why haven't they evolved into humans, like evolutionists believe?

That's not the theory.

Apes and humans ... in fact, humans and every species on earth have common ancestors.

Species diverge when a single member of that species mutates. Those mutations are passed on to that member's offspring leaving the original species unchanged.

Sorry. Being a biblical creationist, I don't subscribe to that "theory."

And no one is asking you to. You brought it up.

Everyone should believe what they want, especially on something as inconsequential to our daily lives as this.

However, if you are going to question someone else's beliefs, you should understand what you're questioning and be prepared for them to respond.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
If you had any clue about what evolution is you'd realize how ignorant this sounds.

How "ignorant"? So maybe you have an explanation why the same apes that were in existence millions of years ago, haven't evolved into people?

Can you provide any information that current day apes were the same millions of years ago.

More Evidence That "Lucy" Was Just An Ape

Really? You haven’t studied evolution at all have you? First, there likely are not apes around today that were around millions of years ago. They have evolved.

Have you ever noticed how humans can breed certain characteristics of dogs into all new breeds? If humans can create a whole new breed of dog, why is it so hard to extrapolate that hominoids can breed and change through time?

in fact, humans and every species on earth have common ancestors.
Yes. We call Him "God"

If you're going to claim we have G-d's DNA in us ... you would have to explain how it got in there.

I wouldn't pull on that thread if I was you.

Didn't He create us in His own image? Old Testament, man. Doesn't Judaism recognize Genesis?

Being created in an image and being an ancestor are two entirely different things. I believe, based on what I've seen, that there is much to the genesis of our Universe that defies explanation of our physical sciences and leaves the door open for theology.

But, I also believe that a G-d that could fashion every creature on earth individually from clay, could in fact just invent molecular biology and let things create themselves. G-d has, after all, infinite time, infinite knowledge, and is, by definition, infinite in himself.

Everything I see in the sciences of the natural world around me, including Evolution, doesn't deny the existence of G-d, it proclaims it.

Everything I see in the sciences of the natural world around me, including Evolution, doesn't deny the existence of G-d, it proclaims it
Though it may not deny the existence of A god, it does deny "your" books.

If you're going to claim we have G-d's DNA in us ... you would have to explain how it got in there
We DONT have the nonexistent DNA of a Spirit Being. He is the Creator of all life. That makes Him our ultimate ancestor.

Everything I see in the sciences of the natural world around me, including Evolution, doesn't deny the existence of G-d, it proclaims it
Though it may not deny the existence of A god, it does deny "your" books.

I accept that scripture is allegorical, a simple explanation of greater things. I'm pretty sure bronze age man could not have understood molecular biology any more than some people today.

If you try to reconcile everything we see around us in the natural world to a literal interpretation of scripture, then we are going to run in to a lot of conflicts. If we accept that a single part of scripture is allegorical, then we must admit that all of scripture could be as well. We can't pick and choose which bits we choose to interpret literally.

Being a allegory doesn't diminish the beauty and importance of scripture, it merely allows us to incorporate that which we also perceive with our, G-d given, minds and senses.

If evolution it a fact, then why are there apes today like there were hundreds of thousands of years ago?
You're a bit off on your timeline, there. One would expect apes to have been around 100s of thousands of years ago that are very much like today's apes. But, 10 million years ago? No apes.
The fact that there are many species of animals which are unchanged after millions of years, negates the whole "theory" of evolution.
I would ask you "why is that?", but we both know you couldn't come up with an answer to that.

I accept that scripture is allegorical, a simple explanation of greater things.
Yeah... it's like sweet, sweet music to my eyes:

Consecrate to me every first-born that opens the womb among Israelites, both man and beast, for it belongs to me.”

oh, the depth of moral nuance... the delightful, hidden meanings...

No

it's a figment of your imagination.

You're still crawling around in the primordial ooze.

Yes, and I refuse to allow myself to stop dragging my knuckles and grunting.

Attenborough is probably the greatest living Englishman and his brother ran Jurassic Park. I think he pretty much nailed the intelligent design nut.

I believe we did not come from Monkeys but I do not accept the Bible Story either.

I believe Men are from Mars and Gays and Women are from Venus...

Actually I do believe we are not from this shithole of a planet...

Yes, Evolution happened.

Based upon my observations here at USMB, I would say that the problem is that it simply happened to some a lot more than others.

Evolution is like the eternal universe. People believed in it for hundreds of years and then boom it became false (big bang). It really doesn't matter if you believe in it or not unless your income is based on it. I laughed when noboby went to see Lucy the ape-human or whatever you call it. It was so bad they sent it back to Ethiopia never to be seen in public again.

If you had any clue about what evolution is you'd realize how ignorant this sounds.

How "ignorant"? So maybe you have an explanation why the same apes that were in existence millions of years ago, haven't evolved into people?
Evolution does not have as a goal to make apes into men, it is a natural process that develops the best apes possible. Is the goal of gravity is to make flying hard? A less ignorant question is why did apes and humans diverge from their common ancestor?

Evolution is like the eternal universe. People believed in it for hundreds of years and then boom it became false (big bang). It really doesn't matter if you believe in it or not unless your income is based on it. I laughed when noboby went to see Lucy the ape-human or whatever you call it. It was so bad they sent it back to Ethiopia never to be seen in public again.

Other than evolution becoming false at your Christian madrassah, when did the relevant science community abandon science in favor of magic and supernaturalism?

Forum List

Back