Did Anyone Politicize 9/11?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Did Anyone Politicize 9/11?

seriously....

Remember the RNC's 9-11 Snuff Film they used to try to garner up as much fear and loathing for Obama in a MASSIVELY failed attempt to get McCain/Palin to win just a couple years back?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDx80bnFrVs[/ame]

These degenerates are utterly dispicable!!!

What GUTTERSNIPE RebubliCON$ are.

*spits*

Maybe I shouldnt say this, but isn't an attack on the United States an inherently political event?

The Confederacy declared war on The United States. and yet many right wingers celebrate the Confederacy. :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

And that has anything to do with I said because?

You mentioned political acts of war on the US. I mentioned one than many conservatives and right wingers celebrate...an act of war against the United States.

:eusa_shhh:

Yes. Nine eleven WAS politicized, and still is. Every time someone who argues that we can't go around policing the world because we can't afford it and it actually harms our standing in the world, 9/11 comes up and we're forced to believe (by both dems and reps) that the neo-con foreign policy of world domination is the only thing that will keep us safe from another 9/11.

Fortunately though, we didn't ban airplanes.

Why the Dems want us to ban guns now, is beyond me.

Sooner or later, the MSM resisted replaying footage of the WTC burning and collapsing, believing those images would only be needlessly inflammatory.

And yet when the RNC tried to use that in a MASSIVELY FAILED attempt to stop Obama's rise to Presidency they fell terribly short...

461956.png

Maybe I shouldnt say this, but isn't an attack on the United States an inherently political event?

Yes.

I'd say part of the problem is that partisans themselves can only see the other side politicizing the event. For example in this very thread you have Revere making broad brush strokes about the Left only (with no actual examples given), without mentioning Guilianai who had "9/11" turrets so "9/11" bad that "9/11" every third "9/11" word he "9/11" used was "9/11."

Folks did politicize it on both sides. Rudy used it to ride the 9/11 train into history as one of the best governors of New York when he was right on track to go down as one of the worst on 9/10. Bush and Cheney instituted the 1% doctrine using 9/11 and justified a war with Iraq, expansion of Federal Power, and the detaining of numerous human beings. Both sides campaigned on how the other "allowed" 9/11 to happen.

That's part of the beast. Everything is politicized by those for whom everything is politics.

Yes.

Liberals almost unanimously stated that was 9/11 brought on by US foreign policy malfeasance, chiefly Republican policy, in the middle east.

"Americans chickens have come to roost."

:lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I[/ame]

Yes.

Liberals almost unanimously stated that was 9/11 brought on by US foreign policy malfeasance, chiefly Republican policy, in the middle east.

:lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I[/ame]

Didn't watch the video but I guarantee I can make a good guess at what it says. You could always count on Fallwell and Robertson to turn any event into a "God is judging the Gays" moment.

Am I the only one that remembers all the flags on the homes? The coming to gether..."We will NOT forget?" For the first time I can remember this country came together as one mourning our loss.

At least I'm bold enough to stand before this train. Come and get me.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that remembers all the flags on the homes? The coming to gether..."We will NOT forget?" For the first time I can remembert this country came together as one mourning our loss.

The problem is always that we come together to mourn, and come apart when its time to act. It doesn't take long for a bipartisan approach to problems to fall apart.

Rove in particular was the mastermind of backing Democrats into the corner using particularly patriotic sounding rhetoric. There essentially was no debate leading up to Iraq, as anyone that stood up and asked for time to think was hammered relentlessly and targetted for electoral defeat, or have we all forgot Max Cleland.

The real mess starts when the blame game begins, and sometimes that starts before the bodies are even cold. I know there was a lot of resistance to the 9/11 investigation by Bush because of the fact his early administration pretty much ignored Al-Queda in favor of a Cold War stance with China. There was a great deal of push by Clinton to make a case that he wasn't at all to blame, and ditto by Bush.

We don't have to limit ourselves to 9/11 btw. I remember screaming at the t.v. during Katrina. I was in evacuation in Texas and the finger pointing started literally as soon as the storm moved past....even prior to the Levys breaking. Folks were dying and people were trying to figure out if the blame would rest with Nagin, Blanco, or Bush.

To answer the question of the thread:

1) Inside job
2) Clinton could have had Bin Laden

Both sides politicized it.

Yes.

I'm curious....

do you only have 1/2 a brain?

cus....(though I won't deny that liberals ALSO politicized 9/11 to some degree)
conservatives ALSO politicized it;

r.w. hate-illed spin meisters like limbaugh blamed it on democrats and liberals.....
republican conservative christians like pat robertson blamed it on democrats and liberals

ann coulter said her only regret about 9/11 is that the terrorists didn't kill everyone at the new york times

in fact
every time there is any kind of disaster (earthquakes, tornadoes etc) people like robertson politicize it by saying things like "this was gods punishment because we haven't killed all the liberals"

you accuse your enemies of your own crimes

you are definitely part of the problem

Last edited:
Both sides use 9/11 to suit their arguments when they can (and do it often). I'm sick of hearing a reference to 9/11 in almost every major political speech that comes out. Whether it's Obama, Palin, or other.

lol...the one who voted "no" to the question.
Where have you been for the last 10 years?

lol...the one who voted "no" to the question.
Where have you been for the last 10 years?

I was talking about at the time it happened. Am I spared a whipping?

actually, I recall the very first day Fox news reminding the viewers that Bin Laden was the man that Clinton could have had extradited to the US....

They presented it as a means to educate us as to who Bin Laden was....but as I was putting on my gear for a three day tour at the pit, I turned to my wife and said "it didnt take long for the news to start pointing fingers at politicians.

But yea, you are spared the whipping. Besides, I only whip my wife. But that is becuase she deserves it...as she will tell you.

Forum List

Back