Dictator Bloomberg to restrict pain killers in NYC

Of course you do, you are fascist who knows whats best for everyone else.

Prescription drugs are the worst, way worse than street drugs. What the pharmaceutical industry has been allowed to get with and do to our society over the last few decades is absolutely criminal and close to treasonous. They've essentially flooded our streets with synthetic heroin destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans. I'm behind virtually any attempt to combat this evilness.

I am assuming this is tongue in cheek.

Bloomberg is a self made billionaire and the 10th richest person in the country. He founded an incredibly successful company, served as the CEO until his entrance into politics, and continues to be a 90% majority owner. He can't be a liberal. No liberal can be that rich. They are horribly irresponsible with money, haven't the slightest business sense at all, and can't create a job to save their lives.

Prescription drugs are the worst, way worse than street drugs. What the pharmaceutical industry has been allowed to get with and do to our society over the last few decades is absolutely criminal and close to treasonous. They've essentially flooded our streets with synthetic heroin destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans. I'm behind virtually any attempt to combat this evilness.

You have absolutely no concept or knowledge of this subject do you?

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

"Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.

Under the new city policy, most public hospital patients will no longer be able to get more than three days’ worth of narcotic painkillers like Vicodin and Percocet"

FUBAR'D that's the world of liberals these days. Control freaks. YIKES.

City officials said the policy was aimed at reducing the growing dependency on painkillers and preventing excess amounts of drugs from being taken out of medicine chests and sold on the street or abused by teenagers and others who want to get high.

“Abuse of prescription painkillers in our city has increased alarmingly,” Mr. Bloomberg said in announcing the new policy at Elmhurst Hospital Center, a public hospital in Queens.

Over 250,000 New Yorkers over age 12 are abusing prescription painkillers, he said, leading to rising hospital admissions for overdoses and deaths, Medicare fraud by doctors who write false prescriptions and violent crime like “holdups at neighborhood pharmacies.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/n...public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?hp&_r=0

I am sure NYC has the same problem we have here in SF....

people walking in..claiming to be in pain and walking out with a few hundred pain killers....

its a scam.

In this i agree with him.

Of course I do, you support a stupid assed mayor who is standing between a doctor and his patient cheering him on.

Keep in mind this the same stupid fuck who banned breast feeding in public, transfats in food, and 32 oz sodas....moron.

I have personal knowledge of this....my son is trying to kick oxycontin....he has been for the last 3 years...he'll get it when he wants it and it isn't because ER's are dispensing too many.

Now shut the fuck up because YOU don't have any knowledge of the problem...ummmk?

You stupid lefty fuckers always try and do the same shit and it doesn't work.

Tighten the guns laws, big fucking deal, CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY THE LAWS.

Tighten the drug laws, ADDICTS DON'T OBEY THE LAW.

Yes, you people are idiots.

I think all drugs should be legal and that all prescription drugs should be sold over the counter. If an abortion pill can be obtained over the counter and if a woman can make that choice for herself, human beings should be able to put whatever drug they want in their body.

Bloomberg is an independent. He doesn't fit either party.

True. But he was elected as a republican when he first ran for mayor.

He certainly isn't a "lib".

Someone needs to explain it to the rightwingnut imbeciles

Jillian the man is a wannabe crazie. Come on. For crying out loud the man is a wanna be dictator.

And if you cant see this or admit this......

I'm rocking with Ozzie

You people are nuts if you back this monster of a man.

I didn't say I like him. I'm simply pointing out that just b/c you wingers hate someone doesn't make them a lib

Bloomberg is an independent. He doesn't fit either party.

True. But he was elected as a republican when he first ran for mayor.

He certainly isn't a "lib".

Someone needs to explain it to the rightwingnut imbeciles

Jillian the man is a wannabe crazie. Come on. For crying out loud the man is a wanna be dictator.

And if you cant see this or admit this......

I'm rocking with Ozzie

You people are nuts if you back this monster of a man.

Not only do I not "back" Bloomberg, I worked 60+ hours a week for 6 months to defeat him (twice!).

He's only a "liberal" if you define "liberal" as "everything I hate".

How many oxycontin addicts got their start by filling a prescription?

(Hint: It's a big number)

Of course I do, you support a stupid assed mayor who is standing between a doctor and his patient cheering him on.

Keep in mind this the same stupid fuck who banned breast feeding in public, transfats in food, and 32 oz sodas....moron.

I have personal knowledge of this....my son is trying to kick oxycontin....he has been for the last 3 years...he'll get it when he wants it and it isn't because ER's are dispensing too many.

Now shut the fuck up because YOU don't have any knowledge of the problem...ummmk?

Here's the thing: You're not the only one with personal knowledge of this problem.

I'm a recovering heroin addict with 10+ years clean, and 3+ years of experience as a licensed drug abuse counselor.

Your personal experience doesn't make your opinion on this any more valid than mine, or anyone else's.

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

"Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.

Under the new city policy, most public hospital patients will no longer be able to get more than three days’ worth of narcotic painkillers like Vicodin and Percocet"

FUBAR'D that's the world of liberals these days. Control freaks. YIKES.

City officials said the policy was aimed at reducing the growing dependency on painkillers and preventing excess amounts of drugs from being taken out of medicine chests and sold on the street or abused by teenagers and others who want to get high.

“Abuse of prescription painkillers in our city has increased alarmingly,” Mr. Bloomberg said in announcing the new policy at Elmhurst Hospital Center, a public hospital in Queens.

Over 250,000 New Yorkers over age 12 are abusing prescription painkillers, he said, leading to rising hospital admissions for overdoses and deaths, Medicare fraud by doctors who write false prescriptions and violent crime like “holdups at neighborhood pharmacies.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/n...public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?hp&_r=0

I am sure NYC has the same problem we have here in SF....

people walking in..claiming to be in pain and walking out with a few hundred pain killers....

its a scam.

In this i agree with him.

The whole country has that "problem" - not just NYC and SF.

I'm sorry. This is another case of punishing good people who need pain killers for more than 3 days because of the actions of a few.

I realize that there is a problem with prescription drugs. There has been for as long as I can remember. But this is outrageous for a city council to over ride Doctors in ER's.

To make this a blanket mandate is so out of line of what any government official is elected to do.Not be a nanny and run every aspect of the publics life.

Fix the fucking potholes for heaven's sakes.

Anyone who needs painkillers for more than 3 days should get them from an actual doctor treating them, not the emergency room.

A lot of times patients have prolonged stays in the ER because there's no rooms availble in the hospital.

no, but the doctors would have to obey the laws..... or don't you get that part?

That isn't the point, it really isn't.

I have every reason to to want the drug abolished, but it also helps many including me.

The drug isn't the problem, the weakness of the addict is.

The fallacy of the thinking that if we only had tougher laws this wouldn't happen just isn't a reality.

If it isn't oxy it would be something else.
If it isn't the gun it would be the bat.

We cannot legislate safety anymore than we can morality.

How many oxycontin addicts got their start by filling a prescription?

(Hint: It's a big number)

Forum List

Back