Dictator Bloomberg to restrict pain killers in NYC

I honestly cannot believe that there are some brain dead conservatives on this site that are actually against tightening the wildly loose and destructive oxycontin and painkiller loopholes. If it was Rush Limbaugh (a hillbilly herion addict himself) pushing this would you people still be against it? Aside from this being a retarded partisan issue or you people are popping or free basing these pills yourself, I simply cannot understand how anyone can be against attempting to clean this problem up. Prescription drugs literally destroyed several of my friends back in the day when the fun ones first started coming out. They are evil.

^^^^ Balls the Communist. :clap2: Well done!

:eusa_eh: I don't think you understand what the word communist means. Your behavior and obsession with me tonight is... odd...

If it walks like a Commie..

Balls balls balls..:eusa_shifty: Never met a guy named balls. What's your brother's name? Nutsack? LOL:lol:

I stand corrected, isn't there more than one Lefty who will criticize their own?

God the Left is filled with morons, is there NOTHING you will criticize your side for?

Secret governement. Blind drone strikes. Supporting fascist drug war. Warrentless wiretaps. To name a few off the top of my head.

Boo criticized certain concepts, but you won't find him criticizing Dear Leader for engaging in these, rather you'll find him excusing Obama and blaming it all on BOOOOSSHH.

Do you believe in legalizing marijuana? If not, then wtf are you doing talking shit about restricting painkillers?

I'm from the 60's and I have no problem whatsoever with decriminalization. But I take great umbridge at this dictator in NYC telling people what they can drink, what they can eat, and now what medication they are allowed to have.

What next? What toilet paper you can wipe your ass with? Come on. He's just an elected official.

Not anyone's mother.

They are doing it at hospitals and clinics in Arkansas and Missouri, are they tyrants and dictators also? Thank goodness I go to the VA where drugs are a plenty.

Last edited:
I honestly cannot believe that there are some brain dead conservatives on this site that are actually against tightening the wildly loose and destructive oxycontin and painkiller loopholes.

Its because it will make it harder for them to get their pills. I've known a couple of opiate addicts in my life, they never fucking change. Once a junkie always a junkie and someone addicted to oxycontin is just as bad as someone addicted to street heroin.

Do you believe in legalizing marijuana? If not, then wtf are you doing talking shit about restricting painkillers?

I'm from the 60's and I have no problem whatsoever with decriminalization. But I take great umbridge at this dictator in NYC telling people what they can drink, what they can eat, and now what medication they are allowed to have.

What next? What toilet paper you can wipe your ass with? Come on. He's just an elected official.

Not anyone's mother.

They are doing it at hospitals and clinics in Arkansas and Missouri, are they tyrants and dictators also? Thank goodness I go to the VA where drugs are a plenty.

LOL! You're giving the right wing WAY too much credit! They only think what FOX or Breitbart tells them to think! Did FOX or Breitbart tell them to complain about the exact same laws in Arky and Mizzou? Nope. Hence the silence.

Prescription drugs are the worst, way worse than street drugs. What the pharmaceutical industry has been allowed to get with and do to our society over the last few decades is absolutely criminal and close to treasonous. They've essentially flooded our streets with synthetic heroin destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans. I'm behind virtually any attempt to combat this evilness.
This is a common refrain which I have cause to wonder about.

I am troubled by an extremely painful condition called cervical stenosis which is a growth of bone spurs inside the vertebra which compress on the spinal cord when lying down. Because the surgical approach is relatively dangerous my doctor has given me the option of pain medication. So I've been taking 5 to 10 mg of Percocet (oxycodone) every night before lying down, which gets me to sleep.

I've been taking this much maligned drug for over two years now and I have absolutely none of the symptoms associated with addiction. I don't crave it. I don't derive any pleasure from it aside from the effective numbing of pain. And I don't feel the need to increase dosage above the 5 to 10 mg regimen.

So maybe the problem with this drug, as well as other prescription pain killers, is the tendency of some users to deliberately take more than the prescribed dosage to induce narcotic euphoria. Also, it is an acknowledged medical fact that some people are inclined to addiction while others are not -- and I apparently am not. That would account for why my late wife and I were able to just stop using marijuana in 1982 when Reagan escalated the drug war. We both had been regular users for about fifteen years and had no problem with just stopping, whereas I frequently hear people insist they are "addicted" to marijuana, which conflicts with the well-studied fact that cannabis is not an addictive substance.

It appears to me the problem with all drugs, including alcohol, rests with the individual user. It seems some people are inclined to addiction while others are not. So it might be worthwhile to develop a means of determining who is susceptible to addiction and who is not, thereby serving as a red light to those who might wish to try using some drug.

There are two sides to "addiction". There's chemical addiction, and mental addiction.

Opiates are chemically addictive - as in, if you stop taking your pain pills, you'll enter withdrawal from them. So are nicotine, alcohol, benzodiazapines (valium, xanax, klonapin), and amphetamines.

A mental proclivity towards addiction is an entirely separate matter. "Addicts" can and will become addicted to almost anything, whether or not it's a chemically addictive substance.

As an example, cocaine (and crack) is not chemically addictive.

LOL! Cocaine most certainly is chemically addictive. It works by blocking re-uptake of dopamine in the brain. Your brain gets used to this and if you cease using cocaine after using it for a long period, your brain is not capable of producing the required levels of dopamine for normal brain function.

It's equality in action. If some people are addicts, then all must be treated as if they are addicts. No matter what their individual circumstances might be, they are equal to the street addict.

Some doctors, who know their patients, might prudently limit painkillers as the circumstances deem necessary. Doesn't this just PROVE that the government needs to pass laws equalizing all patient care?

Barring an existing medical condition, it would be very rare to need more than 3 days of painkillers for a broken ankle.

One of the big concerns with Obama's Fascist Care was the idea of politicians and bureaucrats dictating medical decisions rather than medical professionals. This is just that situation.

It's only between the patient and the doctor if it's an abortion, all other medical decisions are to be made by the state. Thus speaketh the left.

So the liberals running NYC say a woman killing her unborn baby is a personal matter between her and her doctor, but if that woman wants pain killers for hurting her back....well it is now the business of NYC to look into that situation......fucking insanity of liberals as usual.

Oh this is what obamacare will lead to once they start to ration healthcare....."You don't need that many pain killers, suck up your pain until you die" will be their advice to you.

It's equality in action. If some people are addicts, then all must be treated as if they are addicts. No matter what their individual circumstances might be, they are equal to the street addict.

Some doctors, who know their patients, might prudently limit painkillers as the circumstances deem necessary. Doesn't this just PROVE that the government needs to pass laws equalizing all patient care?

Emergency room doctors don't generally know their patients. In fact if you show up at an emergency room to get pain pills so frequently the doctor knows you, you're probably an opiate addict.

If you're not an addict and you need more than a 3 day supply - here's an idea - go to your regular doctor. DUH. He'll probably have a better idea of what flavor of painkiller is best for you anyway. Or - go to a private hospital - as in the majority of hospitals in NYC.

Last edited:
So the liberals running NYC say a woman killing her unborn baby is a personal matter between her and her doctor, but if that woman wants pain killers for hurting her back....well it is now the business of NYC to look into that situation......fucking insanity of liberals as usual.

Oh this is what obamacare will lead to once they start to ration healthcare....."You don't need that many pain killers, suck up your pain until you die" will be their advice to you.

New York hasn't elected a Democratic mayor in almost 20 years.

He said "Liberal" NOT "Democrat".

He said "Liberal" NOT "Democrat".

I didn't say he said Democrat

Stupid fuck....the idiots that run NYC are LIBERAL SCUM like you.

The current Mayor got into office in NYC using the GOP popularity based on previous GOP mayors, but he is a scumbag idiot like you.

The current Mayor got into office in NYC using the GOP popularity based on previous GOP mayors, but he is a scumbag idiot like you.

What makes him "liberal scum"? Did FOX or Breitbart tell you that? Or is it because NYC dares to make rules for the hospitals IT OWNS?
Rudy Giuliani = liberal scum?

Last edited:
go fuck yourself you stupid pile of shit.....you are too stupid to be on this board.

What makes him "liberal scum"? Did FOX or Breitbart tell you that? Or is it because NYC dares to make rules for the hospitals IT OWNS?

go fuck yourself you stupid pile of shit.....you are too stupid to be on this board.

Wow. Wake this morning with a dick in your mouth or something?

For the mouth-breather and others too stupid to follow along....

A Democrat before seeking elective office, Bloomberg switched his registration in 2001 and ran for mayor as a Republican, winning the election that year and a second term in 2005. Bloomberg left the Republican Party over policy and philosophical disagreements with national party leadership in 2007.

He is socially liberal or progressive, supporting abortion rights, gay marriage, gun control, and amnesty for illegal immigrants, for example.

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back