Dicks sporting goods to remove guns from 125 stores

Have to offer what customers want. Hopefully for Dick's sake they have enough other business to offset the lost gun sales. Personally I've thought of Dick's Sporting Goods as geared more towards team sports while Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's was a place for the hunter and fisherman.

A couple of months ago there was news of one independent sporting goods shop going out of business that after 20+ made a strategic error in dropping Nike goods over the Kaepernick controversy. I never thought of Nike as that powerful, but then I associate Nike more in terms of fashion rather than actual sporting goods. Colorado store that quit selling Nike products over Kaepernick ad goes out of business

You can’t buy a gun on Amazon. Smart marketing would dictate that you would want to sale a popular product like guns, which isn’t sold by your major competitor.

This decision might lead to bankruptcy.

You can’t buy a gun on Amazon. Smart marketing would dictate that you would want to sale a popular product like guns, which isn’t sold by your major competitor.

Dunham's still sells firearms:cool:

I submit that if a "Sporting goods" store must lose its business because it stops selling guns, then the community that had kept it in business is already bankrupt.

I submit that if a "Sporting goods" store must lose its business because it stops selling guns, then the community that had kept it in business is already bankrupt.

That's nice... Don't buy a firearm then.....you have that option...The problem is too many people would like to be a able to keep everyone else from buying one as well .....That's the problem

Good God that’s dumb.

Dicks has shitty products and shitty service and they are expensive...

That's nice... Don't buy a firearm then.....you have that option...The problem is too many people would like to be a able to keep everyone else from buying one as well .....That's the problem
It is the way of the zealot.

Good God that’s dumb.

No, that's deep.

And don't call me "God". It's not that deep.

Yyyyyyeahh ummm.... a store chain deciding what it will or won't sell is not "keeping everyone else from" anything.

Yours, Captain Obvious.

Yyyyyyeahh ummm.... a store chain deciding what it will or won't sell is not "keeping everyone else from" anything.

Yours, Captain Obvious.

I didn't say that....its the anti- gun nuts who pressure these stores ..are you one of those?

694940094001_5788200452001_5788190602001-vs.jpg

Yours, Captain Obvious.

I didn't say that....its the anti- gun nuts who pressure these stores ..are you one of those?

Nope, and I've never been inside a Dick's. You?

Actually none of us know what Dick's reasoning was, so that's a misfire.

Forum List

Back