Dick's Sporting Goods stock falls because of "shrink"

Dick's has been in decline for a few years. The getting ripped off story is the go to reason for failing. It's not the only sporting goods co to fail.
Two unforseen agreements in one thread.

Dick's has been in decline since it's virtue signaling anti-2A stance that pissed off it's core customer base.

Two unforseen agreements in one thread.

Dick's has been in decline since it's virtue signaling anti-2A stance that pissed off it's core customer base.

/----/ Go woke and go broke. Dick's did this to themselves.
1704378482542.png

I personally don't have a boner for guns, but it seems like wherever I see Dick's locations, it's never too far from Trump Land. They gotta know their customer base.

I have not liked Dick's Sporting Goods ever since they got rid of their guns and ammunition.
I haven't so much as walked through their door since they started that virtue signalling Too many other choices available to deal with a corporate decision to insult me intentionally.

"Shrinkage" is the industry term for loss, usually the result of theft. The organized crime rings, made worse by corporate hands-off approach to stopping thefts in progess, need to be addressed more aggressively.

Dicks's Sporting Goods (DKS) stock tumbled more than 20% Tuesday morning after the sporting goods retailer said organized retail crime has cut into its profits.

"The biggest impact in terms of the surprise for Q2 primarily came from shrink," Dick's CFO Navdeep Gupta said on the company's earnings call. "We thought we had adequately reserved for it. However, the number of incidents and the organized retail crime impact came in significantly higher than we anticipated, and that impacted our Q2 results."

Wait. I thought Dick’s was doomed because they offered the RW by stopping sales of many weapons after one too many mass shootings?

"Shrinkage" is the industry term for loss, usually the result of theft. The organized crime rings, made worse by corporate hands-off approach to stopping thefts in progess, need to be addressed more aggressively.

Dicks's Sporting Goods (DKS) stock tumbled more than 20% Tuesday morning after the sporting goods retailer said organized retail crime has cut into its profits.

"The biggest impact in terms of the surprise for Q2 primarily came from shrink," Dick's CFO Navdeep Gupta said on the company's earnings call. "We thought we had adequately reserved for it. However, the number of incidents and the organized retail crime impact came in significantly higher than we anticipated, and that impacted our Q2 results."

Another woke CEO flushes a company down the toilet.

Good.

We have a Dick's not too far from where I live.

In the old days I use to shop there quite often.

However, after they went woke with their filthy ass no guns policy I stopped shopping there.

I hope I contributed in a small way to their demise.

Forum List

Back