Diana from Boston

Wait, the World Series is on? I thought baseball season ended when the NY Yankees were eliminated.

How can you have a world series with no viewers and no teams (why people hate Yankee fans)

I am from Boston, so it is ingrained in me to hate the Yankees where baseball is concerned. That old saying, I support the Red Sox..and anyone who beats the Yankees.

And you have to admit...thats a pretty darn good series of games going on right now. Well, if you have been watching it...but then of course..what team ISNT in the series? Oh ya..the Yankees.

I switched channels last night and watched one of the Duck Dynasty guys in a Red Sox uniform up at bat.

I am from Boston, so it is ingrained in me to hate the Yankees where baseball is concerned. That old saying, I support the Red Sox..and anyone who beats the Yankees.

And you have to admit...thats a pretty darn good series of games going on right now. Well, if you have been watching it...but then of course..what team ISNT in the series? Oh ya..the Yankees.

I switched channels last night and watched one of the Duck Dynasty guys in a Red Sox uniform up at bat.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha...I was saying last night while watching the game that we (Boston) looked our part as the rough and tough New Englanders. With all the shaggy looking beards out there compared to the Cards clean cut image, it was funny.

But..we won..so they can do whatever they want!

I switched channels last night and watched one of the Duck Dynasty guys in a Red Sox uniform up at bat.

Ha ha ha...I was saying last night while watching the game that we (Boston) looked our part as the rough and tough New Englanders. With all the shaggy looking beards out there compared to the Cards clean cut image, it was funny.

But..we won..so they can do whatever they want![/QUOTE]

Yeah winning trumps everything

Well done and congratulations to the Sox.

I like the beards too BTW...it's baseball ffs!! Have fun

Last edited:
I joined a few weeks ago but just saw this "Introduce Yourself" forum.

Sooo..hi. Diana from Boston. Single mom to a teenager..I work alot, have no social life and read forums like this to kill time.

:bye1:

Welcome. Boston is a great 'little' town, little in the sense it has great urban trails with much to see and enjoy along easy walks. My eldest son and I last visited in Sept. If was his first time so we did all the tourist things including catching a Red Sox Game and eating our way through the Quincy Market.

We stayed at the John Jeffries House near MGH, great location and near a restaurant my wife and I favor, the Paramount on Charles St. Have you ever been there?

Enjoy you visits to this forum but keep in mind a good deal of what you read here will be opinion based rarely on history or reality - it is mostly a place for the angry to vent their emotions.

I love my city. I can grab a coffee and walk around for hours. It has great history. I have never been to the paramount although have heard many things about it. Its one of those things that you dont go to if you're from here...like Cheers. You will hardly ever see a native there lol. You should eat your way thru the Noth End next time. Stop at Bovas and grab a pastry.

And of course... I go to many Sox and Pats game a year. I have been trying to sell a kidney for Series tickets but no one is biting.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you cook it up with some f-f-f-f-ava beans and a nice key-ant-tee.

(Translation, in case that didn't come through as an easily understandable Hannibal Lector: fava beans and a nice chianti.

Your post caught my eye cuz I'm a Boston fan too. Our son is a virus researcher, lives in Cambridge and every time we visit love finding new restaurants with him, daughter in law and grand kids.

We also have a little tradition of finding used books stores and one we found in Boston is the best ever.

I found it with my iPad, handed it to my son who did a search for the address and said no such address existed. It was almost on top of where we were going anyway so we went hunting for the address. When we got to where that street number had to be, there was a little space between buildings, walked through the space to a pretty little garden/park area and a little building with a stairway to a basement. We went down the steps and discovered a huge underground area of books.

Name of the place was listed as "Bledsoe Robins Art Horse Bookstore". Sure nuff - the nice lady, Robin Bledsoe, said she had 'two interests. Horses are on that side, art on this side'.

Since we're both artists and both book-aholics, we found a stack of books to buy. She added them up and we asked if she could ship them for us. The total was something around $100 or so and she said, yes, she'd ship for, 'oh, I guess $10'. When we got home, there on our porch was our huge box of books.

So, if you like books about horses and/or art, go see Robin. You can't beat MITs and Harvard's bookstores but Robin's store is special.

Another favorite place - the Glass Flower Collection at the Harvard Museum. Wow. Just amazing.

Welcome to the board. Next time we go to Boston, I'll wave.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you cook it up with some f-f-f-f-ava beans and a nice key-ant-tee.

(Translation, in case that didn't come through as an easily understandable Hannibal Lector: fava beans and a nice chianti.

Your post caught my eye cuz I'm a Boston fan too. Our son is a virus researcher, lives in Cambridge and every time we visit love finding new restaurants with him, daughter in law and grand kids.

We also have a little tradition of finding used books stores and one we found in Boston is the best ever.

I found it with my iPad, handed it to my son who did a search for the address and said no such address existed. It was almost on top of where we were going anyway so we went hunting for the address. When we got to where that street number had to be, there was a little space between buildings, walked through the space to a pretty little garden/park area and a little building with a stairway to a basement. We went down the steps and discovered a huge underground area of books.

Name of the place was listed as "Bledsoe Robins Art Horse Bookstore". Sure nuff - the nice lady, Robin Bledsoe, said she had 'two interests. Horses are on that side, art on this side'.

Since we're both artists and both book-aholics, we found a stack of books to buy. She added them up and we asked if she could ship them for us. The total was something around $100 or so and she said, yes, she'd ship for, 'oh, I guess $10'. When we got home, there on our porch was our huge box of books.

So, if you like books about horses and/or art, go see Robin. You can't beat MITs and Harvard's bookstores but Robin's store is special.

Another favorite place - the Glass Flower Collection at the Harvard Museum. Wow. Just amazing.

Welcome to the board. Next time we go to Boston, I'll wave.

lol..totally got the reference. Boston has some great little palces like that. I am sure every city does. But Boston is of course my hometown so take great pride in it. There are a ton of little antique places like the book store you found. Down and alley, down some stairs etc etc. Maybe one time i will find a guy giving away a Gremlin (another movie reference for ya)

There is a place in Chinatown ..after all the bars close, you can go and order "cold tea"..which is just beer served in their metal tea pot. Also down an alley and out of the way place.

Isabella Stuart Gardner meuseum is fantastic. The gardens there are beautiful. The North End still has the old Italian guys sitting in their metal chairs with the young italian guys running around for them. And of course the Sam Adams Brewery is always a fun time.

Hello Diana from Boston - Welcome to USMB, hope you enjoy posting here.

My only reference to Boston - worked at Hanscom, lived in NH. Had to drive in to Boston one day, and I was scared shitless - the streets are so narrow, they are all one-way and no place to pull over and check your map, (before GPS!) - had a fellow co-worker draw me a map, and as luck would have it, one of the streets was under construction. I made it home, phew, but I thought I would be driving around and around downtown Boston for the rest of my life!

Loved the area, but it was too freaking cold for me. I'm a Texas gal, can't handle that kind of cold.

Have fun here - it's a good place to hang out!

The first day I drove into Boston.

I experienced more drivers honking their car's horn in one day than I had heard during my entire life.

Later I learned in Boston there is a mandatory horn honking quota of 100 beeps per day while driving in the city. .. :cool:

lol..the driving sure is something you have to get used to. I use a GPS and it still gets me lost. There is so much construction going on here at all times. It is safer for me to take the T when I have to get around the city. Lots of one way streets, very narrow and people double park on the streets so you cant get around. Walking is way bettah.

Sooo..hi. Diana from Boston. Single mom to a teenager..I work alot, have no social life and read forums like this to kill time.

Welcome. Boston is a great 'little' town, little in the sense it has great urban trails with much to see and enjoy along easy walks. My eldest son and I last visited in Sept. If was his first time so we did all the tourist things including catching a Red Sox Game and eating our way through the Quincy Market.

We stayed at the John Jeffries House near MGH, great location and near a restaurant my wife and I favor, the Paramount on Charles St. Have you ever been there?

Enjoy you visits to this forum but keep in mind a good deal of what you read here will be opinion based rarely on history or reality - it is mostly a place for the angry to vent their emotions.

I love my city. I can grab a coffee and walk around for hours. It has great history. I have never been to the paramount although have heard many things about it. Its one of those things that you dont go to if you're from here...like Cheers. You will hardly ever see a native there lol. You should eat your way thru the Noth End next time. Stop at Bovas and grab a pastry.

And of course... I go to many Sox and Pats game a year. I have been trying to sell a kidney for Series tickets but no one is biting.

I was in Boston in September. I love the place. :) As far as coffee goes there is a Dunkin Donuts on every block. I think they passed a law making it mandatory. ;)

I was in Boston in September. I love the place. :) As far as coffee goes there is a Dunkin Donuts on every block. I think they passed a law making it mandatory. ;)

Sometimes two on a block lol. North and South.

I travel for work to most of the major US cities and find myself going thru withdrawls from Dunkins. But in Minnesota I did find Caribou Coffee and their Mint Condition coffee. Oh my yummy goodness...but at $5 a cup..holy crap.

You do it so well, in fact, you're in the top 10 usually...:lol:

Welcome Dianna, I've ran across you before and appreciated you instantly...:wink_2:

You do it so well, in fact, you're in the top 10 usually...:lol:

Welcome Dianna, I've ran across you before and appreciated you instantly...:wink_2:

??...Now you have me curious lol.

Forum List

Back