DHS Focus on Victims, Not Illegal Immigrants

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011

From the DHS memo defunding illegal alien protections and establishing Victims support activities:

“Criminal aliens routinely victimize Americans and other legal residents. Often, these victims are not provided adequate information about the offender, the offender's immigration status, or any enforcement action taken by ICE against the offender. Efforts by ICE to engage these victims have been hampered by prior Department of Homeland Security (DHS) policy extending certain Privacy Act protections to persons other than U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, leaving victims feeling marginalized and without a voice. Accordingly, I am establishing the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office within the Office of the Director of ICE, which will create a programmatic liaison between ICE and the known victims of crimes committed by removable aliens. The liaison will facilitate engagement with the victims and their families to ensure, to the extent permitted by law, that they are provided information about the offender, including the offender's immigration status and custody status, and that their questions and concerns regarding immigration enforcement efforts are addressed.”

The memo also reallocates “any and all resources” currently used to advocate for illegal aliens and terminates “outreach and advocacy services” provided to them:

“To that end, I direct the Director of ICE to immediately reallocate any and all resources that are currently used to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens (except as necessary to comply with a judicial order) to the new VOICE Office, and to immediately terminate the provision of such outreach or advocacy services to illegal aliens.”
------------------------------------------------------------
Logic and sanity finally reigns.

Im not sure if I agree with trump letting the DREAMERS stay, but I absolutely LOVE what is happening with immigration. LOVE it.
I don't think he is going far enough, (at least now) but the direction it is going, is comforting to say the LEAST.

Forum List

Back