Despite Alabama win, Democrats still have no one

Thing is, I don't like Trump. One might even say I strongly DISlike Trump.

However, if I don't have anyone to vote for on the Dem side, I'll just stay home. And I'm far from alone in that. Which is why, despite what Doc thinks, the "feelings" of people like me actually matter.

They have no viable leaders in the public eye, as far as I'm aware. America wants a moderate, but all they can put up are far left senior citizens. It's pathetic.

:lol:

You know that the next Presidential election is a few years away, right?

No one has been "put up" so far.

The campaign never actually ends. If they had someone, that person would be getting some exposure by now. Instead it's just the same old faces.

Who is this "they" that you refer to?

You serious? The democratic party.

Ok, good. Now I see where I need to start - a civics lesson.

The party doesn't pick the possible candidates. The candidates pick themselves.

Fail. Without the powers that be approving your candidacy, you better have few billion like Trump did.

The campaign never actually ends. If they had someone, that person would be getting some exposure by now. Instead it's just the same old faces.

Oh yeah, I guess they fund themselves too, huh? Wowee.

Thanks for the lesson. Really learned a lot.

Yes, they do.

Particularly during the primaries, when the party is forbidden from assisting any campaign with money or personnel.

Where did you dream that up?

As for "leaders", I don't know about you, but I don't look for someone to follow when I vote for President.

I can think of a lot of Democrats who I'd consider voting for in 2020. I don't know why you're having a hard time.

Such as?

Well, off the top of my head:

Cory Booker
Elizabeth Warren
Deval Patrick

Klobuchar, too - but she'd have to start raising her profile now for that to work.

Andrew Cuomo, Tim Kaine, and Kamala Harris will also almost certainly run, although I don't want to vote for any of them.

Thanks for posting those!

I am laughing so hard I need to go to the bathroom before I piss myself!

African-American II*
Fauxcahontas
African-American III*
Who?
Mafioso
Joker Retread
Granola

What a list!

At least Obama was a REAL African-American.

When Hillary lost any 2020 potential candidate should have went to Iowa and New Hampshire right away

Anyone who's going to make a serious run in 2020 probably already has an apparatus coming together.

But everyone is going to pretend that they're not running for as long as they can. No one wants to be the first person to announce, and anyone who started making visible motions now would be heckled out of the race.

The crew you listed as potential candidates have already been laughed out of the race!

Cory Booker
Elizabeth Warren
Deval Patrick

Klobuchar, too - but she'd have to start raising her profile now for that to work.

Andrew Cuomo, Tim Kaine, and Kamala Harris will also almost certainly run, although I don't want to vote for any of them.

Booker is a blowhard.
Warren is unlikable to any except the far left.
Patrick feels like trying to cash in on Obama's success.
Kaine was already proven ineffective in 2016.

None of them feel like standouts to me. Maybe good enough to beat Trump anyway, though that's not saying much.

What in the world made you think that I gave a flying fuck about what you "feel"?

Um, why even comment? You're a pretty unlikable person. Have a nice day.

I answered your question, and then you told me why you felt my answers were wrong. Did you intent that to inspire people to like you?

Don't try to take the high horse.

You started a thread with the intention to mock the Democratic Party's chances in 2020 - don't whine when you get mocked right back. It makes you look like a baby.

Don't try to take the high horse?

Mixing metaphors?

:D

Nice, members of the Party of Dumb discussing in 2017 potential Democratic Presidential for 2020 after another election drubbing.

Guys nothing is wrong with your increasingly white, rural and old party continue on....

Cory Booker
Elizabeth Warren
Deval Patrick

Booker is a blowhard.
Warren is unlikable to any except the far left.
Patrick feels like trying to cash in on Obama's success.
Kaine was already proven ineffective in 2016.

None of them feel like standouts to me. Maybe good enough to beat Trump anyway, though that's not saying much.

What in the world made you think that I gave a flying fuck about what you "feel"?

Um, why even comment? You're a pretty unlikable person. Have a nice day.

I answered your question, and then you told me why you felt my answers were wrong. Did you intent that to inspire people to like you?

Don't try to take the high horse.

You started a thread with the intention to mock the Democratic Party's chances in 2020 - don't whine when you get mocked right back. It makes you look like a baby.

Don't try to take the high horse?

Mixing metaphors?

:D

Of course. It's boring otherwise.

Yes, they do.

Particularly during the primaries, when the party is forbidden from assisting any campaign with money or personnel.

Thems the rules.

The RNC has the same rules.

They have no viable leaders in the public eye, as far as I'm aware. America wants a moderate, but all they can put up are far left senior citizens. It's pathetic.
There is at least some modicum of truth in what you say.

Still, for the moment, it doesn't matter much, as The Nation basks in the glow of the Defeat of the Alleged Child Molester.

You know that the next Presidential election is a few years away, right?

No one has been "put up" so far.

Fail. Without the powers that be approving your candidacy, you better have few billion like Trump did.

Nonsense. You don't need your own money, you just need the ability to talk people out of their money. You get some money, and then you hire more people to raise you more money. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The party doesn't come into play, moneywise, until the general election - and these days, they'll be begging money from their top-level candidates, not giving them any.

Yes, they do.

Thems the rules.

You already admitted the Dems did not follow those rules and sold out to Hillary! Do you not read your own posts?

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. Maybe you should consider retiring as a mod.

Yes, they do.

Thems the rules.

You already admitted the Dems did not follow those rules and sold out to Hillary! Do you not read your own posts?

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't say that at all. Perhaps it was a voice in your head?

Clinton didn't get any money or help from the DNC during the primaries - it was the other way around. She helped the DNC during the primaries. I think she literally paid their rent.

I have to agree with that given the way Hillary looted the DNC

Hillary didn't "loot" the DNC. She paid their bills.

If anyone did, it was Obama who "looted" the DNC.

Where did she get the money to pay their bills? Oh, that would be the Russians!
I have to agree with that given the way Hillary looted the DNC

Hillary didn't "loot" the DNC. She paid their bills.

If anyone did, it was Obama who "looted" the DNC.

Where did she get the money to pay their bills? Oh, that would be the Russians!

She got less than a quarter billion from Haiti and the Russians combined so most of the money came from looting the state branch DNCs. My bad that it sounded like she was looting her own piggy bank that she took over with the national DNC. She solved the national DNC problem when she and Debbie Wasserman-Schultze decided the DNC didn't need no blinking bench.

Yes, they do.

Thems the rules.

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't say that at all. Perhaps it was a voice in your head?

Clinton didn't get any money or help from the DNC during the primaries - it was the other way around. She helped the DNC during the primaries. I think she literally paid their rent.

She was only paying for the resulting corruption that kept Bernie out! That is no more legal than their supporting candidates during the primaries, which they have done for decades despite your dubious claims. You just don't know how political parties work.

Yes, they do.

Thems the rules.

She was only paying for the resulting corruption that kept Bernie out! That is no more legal than their supporting candidates during the primaries, which they have done for decades despite your dubious claims. You just don't know how political parties work.

I can say with near absolute certainty that I know more about how political parties work than you do. It's what I did for a living for a decade or so.

There's no law against parties supporting candidates, it's just one of the party's rules - a rule which was actually not broken during the 2016 cycle.

I've been a Bernie fan and supporter since the early 90s - but he wasn't "cheated". He didn't win. He got less votes. It's as simple as that, no need to come up with conspiracies.

Forum List

Back