Desperation

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I think the left is starting to get really desperate. Ive never seen the yahoo leftists so frantic. Its almost funny.

Ill give you some examples. I responded to a leftist (who happened to be from New Zealand) complaining how President Bush supporting the Patriot act and ammendment protecting marriage somehow takes the freedom from the people to choose for themselves and somehow violates the Constitution. In my response i noted:

1)That John Kerry voted for the Patriot act.

2)And i contended that no one could find any of their rights that have been violated by the Patriot act.

3)That the Constitutional ammendment to protect marriage is in fact protecting the peoples right to choose because the people have already voted on the matter and they shouldnt have judges and civil authorities unlawfully over turning the publics choice on such an issue.

Thinking about it more i should have pointed out that there is no right to gay marriage, there never was, so proposing an ammendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman cannot possibly take away anyones rights. but thats besides the point. I am not arguing for the patriot act or for the constitutional ammendment for marriage in this thread. the point of my thread is more the responses to the points.

Every single response was either that i was:

A)Stupid
B)Deluded
C)Psychopathic

Not one even attempted to deal with the points. now even at yahoo usually there is atleast one person who tries to deal with the points.

I pointed out to one of the responders that if i was so wrong, show me instead of just saying so and he responded that i was psychopathic and shouldnt be so negative and im just like...wah? I mean im defending the President from attacks and then turn around and get attacked rather than dealing with anything i said and im negative? There is so much projection from the left of their weaknesses on others its not funny!

Then there was a guy who tried to argue that Bush had no chance of beating Kerry in the debates. And then tried to argue that Bush got trounced by Al Gore in the debates four years ago. And so i pointed out to him that Al Gore was leading until the debates so it seems a majority of Americans disagreed with him if Bush took the lead because of them. And i also pointed out that Al Gore tried to change his tactics and image in all three debates and that wouldnt have been necessary if he had won them. He would have just stuck with the winning combination. and yet this guy thinks im stupid and deluded for not seeing that Gore won the debates and that Bush is a moron.

You would think after 20 years Democrats would come up with better arguments then "You're stupid" I mean they have been using them since Reagan. Still Ive never seen them so rabid as tonight. Its going to get worse towards the election. its almost entertaining if it wasnt so sad. Anyway, atleast there are some intelligent people on the left here....ok so i can only think of one. but still.

Avatar, you are a braver person than I. There is no way I can do more than occassionally read messages posted off an article on Yahoo! Jenine thinks she saved me from Yahoo! purgatory, I must concur!

I imagine though, that we will see more and more of their ilk here. Keep the :trolls: smilie at the ready! :cool: :laugh: And use this, :poke: when appropriate!

Kathianne said:
Avatar, you are a braver person than I. There is no way I can do more than occassionally read messages posted off an article on Yahoo! Jenine thinks she saved me from Yahoo! purgatory, I must concur!

I imagine though, that we will see more and more of their ilk here. Keep the :trolls: smilie at the ready! :cool: :laugh: And use this, :poke: when appropriate!

OMG, Kathianne, this sounds like me. I still home page to Yahoo and it's like a sickness sometimes to view the posts from the News I click on. It's actually getting easier to avoid lately, and laugh at. Mostly thanks to USMB!

Comrade said:
OMG, Kathianne, this sounds like me. I still home page to Yahoo and it's like a sickness sometimes to view the posts from the News I click on. It's actually getting easier to avoid lately, and laugh at. Mostly thanks to USMB!

yeah it doesnt hurt that the yahoo nut jobs are getting worse.

yeah it doesnt hurt that the yahoo nut jobs are getting worse.

What do you think a about a Yahoo marathon where we could refer-link to this site, and try to get the few sane people left to sancuary and away from the trolls on Yahoo? Call it a USMB membership drive, if you will. Have moderators on call to ban the stupid fleas who follow along. Good or bad thing?

Comrade said:
What do you think a about a Yahoo marathon where we could refer-link to this site, and try to get the few sane people left to sancuary and away from the trolls on Yahoo? Call it a USMB membership drive, if you will. Have moderators on call to ban the stupid fleas who follow along. Good or bad thing?

Doesnt sound bad to me but you might want to ask those who would have to moderate the nut jobs.

I'm now so glad I'm going a week without a computer, LOL!! Need to save the sanity, whatevers left anyway, LOL!!! :beer:

Comrade said:

Mostly bad. I used to read Yahoo and Slate boards before I found this one. It is literally impossible to have a discussion which runs more than three exchanges before some foul-mouthed cretin inserts his or her rather graphic stupidity.

I believe those boards are populated 95% by teenie boppers who use those forums to indulge in flaming and to hone their collection of obscenities. If those miscreants ever find this place, we will ALL have to be appointed as moderators because the handful of mods currently in place will be unable to ban these buttwipes fast enough. "ScubaMike" or "SmirkingJesus" who are looney enough (IMHO) on this board would appear to be the voice of reason by comparison to the brain-dead inhabitants of Slate and Yahoo.

In all honesty, I must admit that I posess a small sadistic streak which I indulge from time to time by logging onto Yahoo or Slate just to antagonize some of the more rabid twerps. Then I sit back and watch the screeching start. Beats watching 60 Minutes. Bring your own popcorn.

Merlin1047 said:
Mostly bad. I used to read Yahoo and Slate boards before I found this one. It is literally impossible to have a discussion which runs more than three exchanges before some foul-mouthed cretin inserts his or her rather graphic stupidity.

I believe those boards are populated 95% by teenie boppers who use those forums to indulge in flaming and to hone their collection of obscenities. If those miscreants ever find this place, we will ALL have to be appointed as moderators because the handful of mods currently in place will be unable to ban these buttwipes fast enough. "ScubaMike" or "SmirkingJesus" who are looney enough (IMHO) on this board would appear to be the voice of reason by comparison to the brain-dead inhabitants of Slate and Yahoo.

In all honesty, I must admit that I posess a small sadistic streak which I indulge from time to time by logging onto Yahoo or Slate just to antagonize some of the more rabid twerps. Then I sit back and watch the screeching start. Beats watching 60 Minutes. Bring your own popcorn.

LOL, what's your Yahoo ID so I can watch out for you?

I'm "ComradeinArms2004"

Comrade said:
LOL, what's your Yahoo ID so I can watch out for you?

I haven't been there in a while. Used to use the same one that I have here, but I imagine that most of my jabs have migrated off the boards by now.

Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age.

Nah.

I'll get back to it when I get bored.

I cut my teeth on Yahoo booards until I realized that no one there wants to actually debate, they just want to flame. Maybe one poster out of 50 actually posts something that's not drivel, and maybe 10% of those posters actually defend what they post!

But occasionally you may see a gop_jeff post out there somewhere! :banana:

2)And i contended that no one could find any of their rights that have been violated by the Patriot act.

When you create a law, you should always do so keeping in mind how the law could be used by a man with bad intentions not good. Sure everything may be fine with Bush behind the wheel, but when he leaves whether it is jan 2005 or jan 2009, he is giving the keys to someone else. The PATRIOT act gives people powers that the federal government SHOULD NOT have according to both the constitution and common sense. The fact that supposedly no one has had their rights violated is not important.

tpahl said:
When you create a law, you should always do so keeping in mind how the law could be used by a man with bad intentions not good. Sure everything may be fine with Bush behind the wheel, but when he leaves whether it is jan 2005 or jan 2009, he is giving the keys to someone else. The PATRIOT act gives people powers that the federal government SHOULD NOT have according to both the constitution and common sense. The fact that supposedly no one has had their rights violated is not important.

I don't think there is a person on this board (a sane one anyway) that doesn't believe in defending the constitution. That said, the constitution was never intended to be a suicide pact. People in power can abuse a law, but that's true with just about any law one way or the other. You mention common sense, and common sense tells me that in this day and age we need something like the Patriot Act.

Comrade said:

Someone tends to do this From time-to-time! LOL All the sudden, bunches of guests! Some are here today, from those types of referrals. But I don't think a 'marathon' would be good, Yahoo! might get mad, when someone finally gets around to looking! And truly some whackos show up! :D

Kathianne said:
Someone tends to do this! LOL All the sudden, bunches of guests! Some are here today. But I don't think a 'marathon' would be good, Yahoo! might get mad, when someone finally gets around to looking! :D

I'd rather not have those Yahooligans here anyway. Yahoo used to be where I'd go and I'm glad I got away. Like some others, I go back occasionally just to see the anarchy, but I wouldn't chance ruining this board by bringing them here.

Forum List

Back