Hadn't Heard or Seen This Before

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040730/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_democrats_040730232637

Earlier, their bus convoy pulled over at a Wendy's fast food restaurant for a photo opportunity lunch that provided an awkward moment.

Spotting a group of US Marines, Kerry, who has made his Vietnam War service a cornerstone of his campaign, went over to chat. The Marines, who all turned out to be staunch Bush reporters, were not impressed.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one of them told reporters afterwards. "I'm 100 percent against" Kerry, he said. "We support our commander-in-chief 100 percent."

In his convention speech, Kerry had offered a biting critique of Bush's record in office, and presented himself as a battle-tested veteran who could be trusted to keep Americans safe.

"I will be a commander-in-chief who will never mislead us into war," Kerry said. "I defended this country as a young man and I will defend it as president."

Earlier, their bus convoy pulled over at a Wendy's fast food restaurant for a photo opportunity lunch that provided an awkward moment.
Is this saying he only pulled over to take a pic of him shaking the soldiers hands? Why does this bug me so much? RRrrr!

Hannitized said:
Is this saying he only pulled over to take a pic of him shaking the soldiers hands? Why does this bug me so much? RRrrr!

I think it bothered me, just because it obviously put the soldiers under pressure to offer some kind of awkward respect for Kerry while they and Kerry know for a fact their own position is in fact at odds with his demonstrative disrespect for their past and current actions.

Kerry tries too hard to make himself a hero to our young soldiers while the memory and tradition of his his activities ensure his everlasting shame among them.

He forced them into a difficult position, at odds with their own peers and core beliefs. That's what's wrong with the picture!

Comrade said:
I think it bothered me, just because it obviously put the soldiers under pressure to offer some kind of awkward respect for Kerry while they and Kerry know for a fact their own position is in fact at odds with his demonstrative disrespect for their past and current actions.

Kerry tries too hard to make himself a hero to our young soldiers while the memory and tradition of his his activities ensure his everlasting shame among them.

He forced them into a difficult position, at odds with their own peers and core beliefs. That's what's wrong with the picture!
Thank you Comrade! I'm half asleep and couldn't think, but I'll be damned if you didn't nail it for me!! :beer:

Forum List

Back