Der Fuher Obama signs another executive order

Another wannabee constitutional scholar.

Run along, sonny. :lol:

Executive orders certainly are legal and used often. Unfortunately, here's yet another example of Obama dividing people into groups and exacerbating identity politics, and the biggest reason I can't vote for the guy. Fanning the flames, what a disappointment.

Some executive orders are legal. Others aren't. An executive order spending money that congress hasn't appropriated isn't legal. Obama can't spend a dime without congressional approval.

GasBag touts his lack of understanding about executive orders, which have been constitutional, legal, and part of the American narrative since 1789.

You are wrong as usual. Executive orders derive from the “Necessary and Proper” clause in Article I Section 8 of the Constitution. You'll note that that regards administering the laws and policies. The Constitution is clear about separation to powers. It is not the president's job to create policy. That is in the purview of the Congress and Obama has said that himself quite clearly as recently as 2011.

Obama is not the first president to abuse executive order and he won't be the last. But stop feeding us a load of crap jake. Obama is bitch slapping the American people by bypassing Congress. We all know it.

That's funny. I never said executive orders are unconstitutional. I stated that there are very clear limits on them and that the president is not charged with creating laws and policies. What Obama did was unconstitutional. It's sad that you so willfully want your president to act like a monarch.

Dear Jake and GreatGatsby:

I believe Obama could be more effective and less controversial by initiating such a campaign independently through nonprofit and business sectors and resources, not through the govt which has a record of paving roads to hell with good intentions!

Where the concept he is pushing could have been tied in with govt (without
specifically targeting, favoring or discriminating by race) is through
* legal education programs with police (which is state and city, not federal) or
* matching student interns and scholarships
with jobs in correcting problems of govt waste and abuses within public housing, health care and mental health, even prisons, and other existing govt institutions. If the point and plan is to correct problems with wasteful programs, by delegating supervised interns in respective fields to implement and document more effective alternatives in various institutions, this could reduce the cost of their education while providing public services.
This would help pay for all students' education, not just African American.

Instead of targeting African Americans as a group, I would focus on setting up educational programs based on solving "specific problems" costing the govt and taxpayers resources.

examples: setting up paid internships for students interested in converting illegal sweatshop factories into schools; identifying historic or environment landmarks in need of restoration, and matching student internships with schools or businesses for funding; initiating microlending programs and business training in communities at-risk; implementing effective correctional programs within prisons while conducting studies to document the success rate of rehabilitation; and setting up agreed procedures locally for civic watch groups and neighborhood associations to work with police and residents, to address abuses, mediate conflicts, and settle issues of restitution for violations.

Obama seemed to recognize that reparations for African Americans could not be defined or justified based on race, but that addressing problems with socioeconomic disparity and poverty "in general" would indirectly help African Americans in this way. So I believe he should apply that same understanding here, and seek to organize educational opportunities in solving specific problems of govt waste or abuses in general (using the tax resources saved or tax breaks for sponsoring businesses to fund student internships and educational credits), and not focus on a racial bias favoring "African American" access to education as a way to pander to those voters.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is creating a new office to bolster education of African-American students.

I would like to nominate myself to be the first white Black Czar.

Last edited:

Executive orders certainly are legal and used often. Unfortunately, here's yet another example of Obama dividing people into groups and exacerbating identity politics, and the biggest reason I can't vote for the guy. Fanning the flames, what a disappointment.

Some executive orders are legal. Others aren't. An executive order spending money that congress hasn't appropriated isn't legal. Obama can't spend a dime without congressional approval.

Reading - you should try it!

(d) Administration. The Department shall provide funding and administrative support for the Initiative and the Working Group, to the extent permitted by law and within existing appropriations. To the extent permitted by law, other agencies and offices represented on the Working Group may detail personnel to the Initiative, to assist the Department in meeting the objectives of this order.
Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans | The White House

So concentrating on a demographic that lags behind others is divisive?

Would it also be divisive to concentrate on jobs for vets who lag behind other groups in unemployment?

I read the order. It is about as a completely empty gesture as it gets.

In a few days, we will hear about a newly appointed Black Czar, and that will be the end of it.

Members of the Commission shall serve without compensation but shall be allowed travel expenses

So we have a choice between a guy who is going to try and make education better for the part of the community that still lags behind, or the guy who will cut education for all. Still better than Romney.

You can't make parents care about their kid's education. This executive order is nothing but an election year stunt to win black votes. It will accomplish nothing.

And regardless of whether it's good or bad, are you really okay with a president ignoring that the representatives of the US people exist? If you are okay with that just don't come in here crying next time a republican president dies it.

NO Child left behind.

Which has been a massive mistake, and I was emphatically against it from the beginning.

So we have a choice between a guy who is going to try and make education better for the part of the community that still lags behind, or the guy who will cut education for all. Still better than Romney.

You can't make parents care about their kid's education. This executive order is nothing but an election year stunt to win black votes. It will accomplish nothing.

And regardless of whether it's good or bad, are you really okay with a president ignoring that the representatives of the US people exist? If you are okay with that just don't come in here crying next time a republican president dies it.

Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

You're point?

I don't like it when any president does it just as a way to bypass congress. Be it a republican, democrat, white, black, it doesn't matter.

In other words, you have no facts to contradict what I said.

Who do you think you're fooling?

(d) Administration. The Department shall provide funding and administrative support for the Initiative and the Working Group, to the extent permitted by law and within existing appropriations. To the extent permitted by law, other agencies and offices represented on the Working Group may detail personnel to the Initiative, to assist the Department in meeting the objectives of this order.

The extent permitted by law is zero. Congress has authorized no funding of such an office.

Last edited:
I don't have to contradict you, bripat.

You have to show why the lege or SCOTUS will overule the president.

Won't happen.

You have a right to your opinion, but is all that you have.

You are done. You don't make definitive interps by your say so, and the evidence you gave is baloney. Go boo hoo elsewhere.

What's funny is that you, GasBag, think you make constitutional, binding interps. You are wrong, period, about this. Move along.

And the patented blanked 'You're wrong (I give no reason why b/c I'm wrong)' defiance. Well, I'll say we are done. I have no intention of arguing with a 7 year old mindset.

Jake - Is a president allowed to create laws and policies? Or is he just supposed to enforce them? It's not that fucking difficult to understand. If you're going to be an arrogant little prick then at least be right. You come off as an absolute fool otherwise.

This bares repeating too:
It's sad that you so willfully want your president to act like a monarch.

And it's bologna bitch.

Presidents are allowed to issue executive orders. You have a right to your erroneous opinion, The Great Gatsby, but that's all it is: what you think, nothing more.

Obama is our president, yours and mine, and, hopefully, he will be replaced by Romney.

You are done. You don't make definitive interps by your say so, and the evidence you gave is baloney. Go boo hoo elsewhere.

And the patented blanked 'You're wrong (I give no reason why b/c I'm wrong)' defiance. Well, I'll say we are done. I have no intention of arguing with a 7 year old mindset.

Jake - Is a president allowed to create laws and policies? Or is he just supposed to enforce them? It's not that fucking difficult to understand. If you're going to be an arrogant little prick then at least be right. You come off as an absolute fool otherwise.

This bares repeating too:
It's sad that you so willfully want your president to act like a monarch.

And it's bologna bitch.

He didn't create any new laws.

And I already pointed it out.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ns-another-executive-order-9.html#post5699461

Sorry.

It takes a special kind of stupid not to understand that Congress appropriates all money for spending. The President can't spend a dime that Congress hasn't appropriated, and he can only spend it on the purposes that Congress has designated. Otherwise Reagan could have diverted a few billion from welfare to buy some new aircraft carriers.

But just to entertain your idiocy, here's the relevant clause:

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

In other words, no money can be spent unless Congress passes legislation authorizing such.

Your move, nimrod.

Won't happen.

The extent permitted by law is zero. Congress has authorized no funding of such an office.
This Initiative is part of the Department of Education - which has already been authorized by Congress.

It takes a special kind of stupid not to understand that Congress appropriates all money for spending. The President can't spend a dime that Congress hasn't appropriated, and he can only spend it on the purposes that Congress has designated. Otherwise Reagan could have diverted a few billion from welfare to buy some new aircraft carriers.

But just to entertain your idiocy, here's the relevant clause:

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

In other words, no money can be spent unless Congress passes legislation authorizing such.

Your move, nimrod.

Won't happen.

And the Executive Order specifies that only funds that Congress has already appropriated can be used.

The Department shall provide funding and administrative support for the Initiative and the Working Group, to the extent permitted by law and within existing appropriations.

See?

Sigh. Bripat wants to be the constitutional scholar, to which I suppose a few small boys aspire.

No story here.

However, bripat and The Great Gatsby, see if the EO says anything about funding and about where the $$$ come from.

Forum List

Back