zoning laws used to keep out fundamentalist chicken.

tererun

Rookie
May 19, 2012
carolinas
As many people are aware, US zoning laws have been an area where prejudice and bigotry can be used to keep out legitimate business and organizations. Fundamentalist christian forces have been using zoning to keep legitimate gay establishments, and other religions from entering their town. No complaint has really come from the republicans and churches as zoning laws have allowed people to vote against things in their neighborhood, and allow prejudice a foothold in our government.

It seems that some people are now getting smart and using the loophole that allows religion and prejudice to influence our neighborhoods to deny christians from entering neighborhoods. Some may have read about the local pastor who had his home church group banned for blocking the streets of a residential neighborhood and violating local zoning ordinances against using residential property for religious worship by large groups. Well now 2 cities have used their laws to ban the presence of bigoted homophopbic activist chicken sales by chick fillet from entering their markets. I wonder how the right will react?

Of course there will be protests and whining because their loopholes for prejudice will be used against them to deny their businesses from using big markets to get money to fund their fundie ideals and harass others. Perhaps we will get lucky and they will pass some laws that prevent prejudice from hindering business and legitimate places like mosques based on zoning laws that are applied with prejudice on organizations that are legitimate and should not be pe3rsecuted by neighborhoods.

So what do you think, are chicago and boston right in not allowing businesses that don't represent their ideals just like towns are allowed to ban gay establishments and other places, or are the zoning laws in need of a change to disallow the law to be applied differently depending on which groups are found to be offensive? Will the right wing propaganda people agree that they are out of line in using these laws to discriminate, or will they whine because their own loophole was used against them like the hypocrites we know they are?

The problem is the stuff you want is NASTY. Sure we dont want strip joints. liquor stores, and adult video stores in areas with kids and families, NOPE we dont, but how is that like Chik Fil A?
I mean are you really that nutty you cant tell the difference? Do I have to explain the difference?

So they should allow lap dancing establishments wherever they want? Fuck that. If a company states a discriminatory aim, and puts money behind it, why shouldn't local jurisdictions decide to raise the bar? Are you now against state and local rights? I fully support your right to eat the foods that make you obese. Support the local planning and zoning board's right to keep enterprise that supports bigotry and spits in the face of equal employment opportunity out of communities that might be offended.

So they should allow lap dancing establishments wherever they want? Fuck that. If a company states a discriminatory aim, and puts money behind it, why shouldn't local jurisdictions decide to raise the bar? Are you now against state and local rights? I fully support your right to eat the foods that make you obese. Support the local planning and zoning board's right to keep enterprise that supports bigotry and spits in the face of equal employment opportunity out of communities that might be offended.

WOw your irrational, what bigotry? Left wingers are nuts!!!! Fine have all the homo loving tofu joint you want in your San Francisco paradise. But saying the Chick Fil A issue which is the CEO said he was opposed to gay marriage is neither bigotry and it's not even the same as having strip clubs in the neighborhood.... Man I gotta post it again, how liberals argue.
Dick Tuck is part of the GAYSTOPO!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zw4PIcjVNg]Adam Carolla on Gay Parents vs Straight Parents - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
The problem is the stuff you want is NASTY. Sure we dont want strip joints. liquor stores, and adult video stores in areas with kids and families, NOPE we dont, but how is that like Chik Fil A?
I mean are you really that nutty you cant tell the difference? Do I have to explain the difference?

This as america, and if you are going to do things you should do them legally. Gay joints are not nasty to the people who go there, and most are not even sex related. Most of them are dance clubs. Seriously, there are as many liquor stores and places to buy alcohol in this country as their are churches.

Just because you do not care for it does not mean it is not valuable to other people, and there is no constitutional guarantee that you can walk outside and not be offended. As a matter of fact the constitution specifically protects things you find offensive from your persecution. If you want to live in a country where things you find offensive are banned than you should consider some tyranical fascist state where you belong. Freedom is not your cup of tea.

However, since you seem to feel it is Ok to ban things base on taste i assume you feel the banning of chick fillet and their nasty sentiments is perfectly legal and good. IO wonder how long before they ban your church for being offensive and unwanted like they use zoning laws to ban mosques? We can only hope it is soon.

Those who do not value freedom and liberty deserve neither, remember that.

• Banned

WOw your irrational, what bigotry? Left wingers are nuts!!!! Fine have all the homo loving tofu joint you want in your San Francisco paradise. But saying the Chick Fil A issue which is the CEO said he was opposed to gay marriage is neither bigotry and it's not even the same as having strip clubs in the neighborhood.... Man I gotta post it again, how liberals argue.
Dick Tuck is part of the GAYSTOPO!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zw4PIcjVNg]Adam Carolla on Gay Parents vs Straight Parents - YouTube[/ame]

But that guy was totally agreeing with you. They are just raising the bar and excluding offensive businesses that they do not want. This is what I am talking about with your double standard. When society finds the church offensive and problematic just like the church finds homosexuals and islamic people offensive they have the authority to ban them. They already use this to allow the state to ban mosques, and people are protecting the states rights to ban religious institutions, so how long before they start banning homophobic christian churches?

The protection of speech and religion is not there to protect the things the majority likes, it is there to protect the things society finds distasteful.

• Banned
^^^^^Crazy^^^^^.

Oh well, Chicago doesn't deserve chicken.

That would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact Mcdonalds, Burger king, Taco bell, arbies, and many other places sell chicken products. That is not to mention kentucky fried chicken, zaxbys, Popeyes, and other places based on chicken and even have superior chicken products.

Just like most of the time your comments are poorly thought out and don't hit the mark.

^^Evidence that leftist goons are idiots.

What? No really, what the hell are you talking about? You come in here spouting that because chick fillet is not in town people from chicago can't get any chicken, which has got to be one of the stu[pidest things said on the internet, and then you spout some unrelated statement like this?

Did you mispost? Was this in response to something else? Are you a fucking retard?

Well, here I can respond to your idiocy. This is why Trickle down economics does not work. You see, I can post random statements that have nothing to do with the topic or anything else too.

Perhaps you are a bot?

As many people are aware, US zoning laws have been an area where prejudice and bigotry can be used to keep out legitimate business and organizations. Fundamentalist christian forces have been using zoning to keep legitimate gay establishments, and other religions from entering their town. No complaint has really come from the republicans and churches as zoning laws have allowed people to vote against things in their neighborhood, and allow prejudice a foothold in our government.

It seems that some people are now getting smart and using the loophole that allows religion and prejudice to influence our neighborhoods to deny christians from entering neighborhoods. Some may have read about the local pastor who had his home church group banned for blocking the streets of a residential neighborhood and violating local zoning ordinances against using residential property for religious worship by large groups. Well now 2 cities have used their laws to ban the presence of bigoted homophopbic activist chicken sales by chick fillet from entering their markets. I wonder how the right will react?

Of course there will be protests and whining because their loopholes for prejudice will be used against them to deny their businesses from using big markets to get money to fund their fundie ideals and harass others. Perhaps we will get lucky and they will pass some laws that prevent prejudice from hindering business and legitimate places like mosques based on zoning laws that are applied with prejudice on organizations that are legitimate and should not be pe3rsecuted by neighborhoods.

So what do you think, are chicago and boston right in not allowing businesses that don't represent their ideals just like towns are allowed to ban gay establishments and other places, or are the zoning laws in need of a change to disallow the law to be applied differently depending on which groups are found to be offensive? Will the right wing propaganda people agree that they are out of line in using these laws to discriminate, or will they whine because their own loophole was used against them like the hypocrites we know they are?

Nice try, but no cigar.

There is a major difference between citizens or citizens groups trying to use zoning laws to stop certain establishments (for good reasons or bad) and an elected official using his or her public office to ban a certain establishment. The first is citizens exercising their rights (wisely or stupidly) and the second is the exercise of arbitrary rule by the government.

So you support the right of government to use their legal power to ban certain things without any legal justification and purely on the basis of ideological considerations?

:eusa_whistle:

1 Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA 01803
11.71 miles away
(from Boston)

1 Loyola Water Tower In-Line
30 E Chicago Ave Chicago, IL 60611
0.91 miles away

No worries....There is a Chick-fil-A close enough...

:eusa_whistle:

1 Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA 01803
11.71 miles away
(from Boston)

1 Loyola Water Tower In-Line
30 E Chicago Ave Chicago, IL 60611
0.91 miles away

No worries....There is a Chick-fil-A close enough...

Doesn't sound like my kind of restaurant. But shouldn't be banned.

Stuff that is nasty?
Why should the church congregation have to go all the way cross town to go buy booze or go to a strip club when is could be located next door to their church if not for zoning laws?

Both are businesses and should be able to be side by side.

Nobody ever died of a strip joint.

Lots of people have died of clogged arteries...

^^Evidence that leftist goons are idiots.

What? No really, what the hell are you talking about? You come in here spouting that because chick fillet is not in town people from chicago can't get any chicken, which has got to be one of the stu[pidest things said on the internet, and then you spout some unrelated statement like this?

Did you mispost? Was this in response to something else? Are you a fucking retard?

Well, here I can respond to your idiocy. This is why Trickle down economics does not work. You see, I can post random statements that have nothing to do with the topic or anything else too.

Perhaps you are a bot?

You statist loon, I employed the terminology you used in your OP....

Moron.

Forum List

Back