Deon Sanders wins SI sportsman of the year. Wtf?

“What I wish the NCAA would do, if you’re committed somewhere, you can’t go on any other visits,” he continued. “If you’re committed, that means you’re committed. You can’t go on no other visits. Why would you be committed but you’re still letting kids go on other visits? That means you just playing.”

He is talking about college "commits" playing games during the recruiting process which he did not do when he committed to play for FSU. As far as I know he took FSU's offer and did not court any other schools which is consistent with his comments.

He is talking about college "commits" playing games during the recruiting process which he did not do when he committed to play for FSU. As far as I know he took FSU's offer and did not court any other schools which is consistent with his comments.
You don't think any of those 54 players he recruited had prior commitments?? None of them??
But that is a non issue.
The real issue is that he eliminated all but one player from the previous team, recruited all new players - became the most penalized team in the entire NCAA in his first season and got his team's ass beat to a pulp.
He is lucky only two so far are leaving him.
More will follow... and then his time in the spotlight will end.

Jason Whitlock is an assclown and has pretty much been ostracized and excluded from reputable sports commentary, he tried to partner up with the great white hope of sports broadcasting (Clay Travis) and the result was a complete disaster.

You don't think any of those 54 players he recruited had prior commitments?? None of them??
But that is a non issue.
The real issue is that he eliminated all but one player from the previous team, recruited all new players - became the most penalized team in the entire NCAA in his first season and got his team's ass beat to a pulp.
He's only there to pimp his son off to the NFL...Once that's done, Sanders in gone.

But that is a non issue.
If you enter the transfer portal as a player, don't need to be officially a player on a college team to "tranfer"? I see no inconsistency in Sanders quote and his personal actions as a player or a coach. He is a shameless self promoter for sure but so are most top athletes in their sport. I think he's just one of those guys people love to hate because of his success.

If you enter the transfer portal as a player, don't need to be officially a player on a college team to "tranfer"? I see no inconsistency in Sanders quote and his personal actions as a player or a coach. He is a shameless self promoter for sure but so are most top athletes in their sport. I think he's just one of those guys people love to hate because of his success.
No
I have said no such thing.
He is not coach material, and that is why his team absolutely failed and players are already leaving.
Already went over this.

No
He is not coach material, and that is why his team absolutely failed and players are already leaving.
Already went over this.
I think he did better than expected, and his charisma and color brought a whole new energy into Colorado football. You are digging the grave too soon, I believe.

Teams could be off of drafting his son because of the potential public drama he might cause. I imagine a day when LeBron and Deion both are coaching their sons in the NBA/NFL.

Teams could be off of drafting his son because of the potential public drama he might cause. I imagine a day when LeBron and Deion both are coaching their sons in the NBA/NFL.
LeBron is more classy than “coach Prime”

He has a larger financial empire, and a very clean public image, and Deion has a good image there as well, but not as much with mainstream America. Deion has the edge (overall, talent wise) in his multi-sport talent, but LeBron is an all-time great, and will be more remembered for it.

He has a larger financial empire, and a very clean public image, and Deion has a good image there as well, but not as much with mainstream America. Deion has the edge (overall, talent wise) in his multi-sport talent, but LeBron is an all-time great, and will be more remembered for it.
Explain how Deon has more talent than Lebron.

No
Already went over this.
This commercial is relevant to the conversation, kinda funny.

LBJ is just quieter! There's nothing classy about an ego-maniac & that's been Sanders' MO since the 80's! It's all about him and no one else even if he needs a team to do his best! He got the SI award because he made himself "trend" all year! He had it weeks ago even though he's not a sportsman! He's just a loud-mouth coach now who hyped his team into Nat'l prominence! He had some early luck & success, but the team crashed and burned in the end; thank goodness! We'd never hear the end of it if Colorado made a Bowl game! We've been saved the HYPE! :p :stir: :cool:

Jason Whitlock is an assclown and has pretty much been ostracized and excluded from reputable sports commentary, he tried to partner up with the great white hope of sports broadcasting (Clay Travis) and the result was a complete disaster.

He used to make sense! Whitlock just lost it in the new mellinium! I changed a little at 60, but haven't gone to the "dark side" yet! Others have unfortunately! :p:stir::dunno:

Forum List

Back