Dentist who let officer extract teeth from N.L. inmate granted absolute discharge

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What courage. This is how police states operate, they bend their knee to the police and care little for any flimsy oath they took.

Like U.S police I have learned, when Canadian police tell you to "jump", they ask "how high sir"?

Violate a mans trust and Charter of Rights and have the police film it? No problem, he's a Goodfella, back to work Mr. Dentist, enjoy your retirement. No need for any silly training course or community service good sir.

GANDER, N.L. - A dental surgeon who allowed a correctional officer to extract four teeth from a sedated inmate in central Newfoundland was granted an absolute discharge by a Supreme Court judge on Tuesday.

Justice Melanie Del Rizzo told a courtroom in Gander, N.L., that although Dr. Louis Bourget violated his position of authority and trust, convicting him of a criminal offence and putting him in custody would serve neither the dentist nor the public.

“I acknowledge that Dr. Bourget made a terrible mistake and, in doing so, assaulted (the victim) Blair Harris,” Del Rizzo said, appearing via videoconference. “However, in all circumstances of this case, I am not prepared to burden Dr. Bourget with a criminal conviction, given the extreme repercussions to him that would follow such a conviction.”

Forum List

Back