Dems wasteful spending

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
Democrats are going to saddle our grandchildren with massive debt. :eek:
This stimulus will not have any affect for several years.
Democrats are ruining America with wasteful pet projects.

Pelosi eyes $50 billion in new economic stimulus | Politics | Reuters
By JoAnne Allen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday she is pushing for about $50 billion in a second election-year economic stimulus package being shaped by Democrats in Congress.

In January and February, the White House and congressional Republicans displayed rare bipartisanship when they worked to enact a $152 billion plan, mostly tax rebates, to stimulate the economy by trying to boost consumer spending.

Leaders in the House and Senate are discussing with key committee chairmen another emergency spending bill that would again aim to spur the economy and help those hurt by the economic slowdown.

"I would hope that we could have about $50 billion," Pelosi, a California Democrat, said in an interview on CNN.

"There are others who want more, but I think in these stimulus packages, you have to look at what helps stimulate the economy without spending more money than you should because you weight the economy down by going deeper into debt," she said.

If a second economic stimulus bill advances and it follows the formula of emergency measures enacted this year, the new stimulus would add to already steep deficits that worry fiscal conservatives.

Pelosi told CNN she believes there are enough votes in the House and Senate to pass a new stimulus package. Democrats are not counting on support from President George W. Bush this time.

Backed by fellow Republicans in Congress, Bush has indicated he wants to wait and see how the first stimulus package works before looking at another one.

Last edited:

By JoAnne Allen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday she is pushing for about $50 billion in a second election-year economic stimulus package being shaped by Democrats in Congress.

In January and February, the White House and congressional Republicans displayed rare bipartisanship when they worked to enact a $152 billion plan, mostly tax rebates, to stimulate the economy by trying to boost consumer spending.

Leaders in the House and Senate are discussing with key committee chairmen another emergency spending bill that would again aim to spur the economy and help those hurt by the economic slowdown.

"I would hope that we could have about $50 billion," Pelosi, a California Democrat, said in an interview on CNN.

"There are others who want more, but I think in these stimulus packages, you have to look at what helps stimulate the economy without spending more money than you should because you weight the economy down by going deeper into debt," she said.

If a second economic stimulus bill advances and it follows the formula of emergency measures enacted this year, the new stimulus would add to already steep deficits that worry fiscal conservatives.

Pelosi told CNN she believes there are enough votes in the House and Senate to pass a new stimulus package. Democrats are not counting on support from President George W. Bush this time.

Backed by fellow Republicans in Congress, Bush has indicated he wants to wait and see how the first stimulus package works before looking at another one.

You really should put stuff you copy and paste into quotes, or use the quote feature.

and what about the repubs wasteful spending huh? which administrations have piled up the largest amount of debt?

This is a sign of the times. Another 50 billion in deficit spending, huh?

Why don't we just wait until the international community sends their Dollars back here en masse, and then we'll have PLENTY to spend! :rolleyes:

This is a sign of the times. Another 50 billion in deficit spending, huh?

Why don't we just wait until the international community sends their Dollars back here en masse, and then we'll have PLENTY to spend! :rolleyes:

im ready to put all my savings into gold or silver if needed, or maybe just a fancy platinum ring. but massive inflation would help me with my student loans as well, so i'm torn :razz:

Hyper-infaltion is the friend of the debtor class, folks.

Stagflation is the enemy of all.

im ready to put all my savings into gold or silver if needed, or maybe just a fancy platinum ring. but massive inflation would help me with my student loans as well, so i'm torn :razz:

Gold and silver are always great to protect your wealth. I would also recommend foreign currency denominated securities as well.

Check out http://www.everbank.com. You can invest in interest gaining instruments denominated in precious metals, foreign currencies, and foreign equities. They are very safe, too.

Investing your savings isn't going to change the fact that you will still benefit from the inflation, in regards to your debt.

Pay your high interest, unsecured debt off in a manner that you can afford, and put aside whatever cash you can afford to keep aside, in something like precious metals and the other things I suggested.

Last edited:

By JoAnne Allen

2005:

AT $286.4 BILLION, the highway bill just passed by Congress is the most expensive public works legislation in US history. In addition to funding the interstate highway system and other federal transportation programs, it sets a new record for pork-barrel spending, earmarking $24 billion for a staggering 6,376 pet projects, spread among virtually every congressional district in the land. The enormous bill -- 1,752 pages long -- wasn't made public until just before it was brought to a vote, and so, as The New York Times noted, ''it is safe to bet that none of the lawmakers, not even the main authors, had read the entire package."

That didn't stop them from voting for it. It passed 412 to 8 in the House, 91 to 4 in the Senate.

The Republican pork barrel - The Boston Globe

By JoAnne Allen

'Pork Barrel' Spending Hit Record High in 2005

And then they broke their own record in 2006

FOXNews.com - 'Pork Barrel' Spending Hit Record High in 2005, Watchdog Says - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

what the fuck are you talking about wow?

I'm talking about the $50 Billion in Democrat pork barrel spending that will bankrupt America. :(

Wait, 50 billion dollars of pork will bankrupt America, but hundreds of billions in bank bailouts won't? How about $150 billion in the bi-partisan "economic stimulus"? How about TRILLIONS spent on foreign intervention?

It will only bankrupt us if it comes from the OTHER side, right?

Wait, 50 billion dollars of pork will bankrupt America, but hundreds of billions in bank bailouts won't? How about $150 billion in the bi-partisan "economic stimulus"? How about TRILLIONS spent on foreign intervention?

It will only bankrupt us if it comes from the OTHER side, right?
As I recall, Democrats took over Congress and said things like "We need to drain the swamp"......."Americans want change"......"Free healthcare for Americans"....."Tax cuts for the poor and middle-class"......."No more pork barrel spending"......."We will secure our borders" etc.....

Where are these changes? :eusa_liar:

As I recall, Democrats took over Congress and said things like "We need to drain the swamp"......."Americans want change"......"Free healthcare for Americans"....."Tax cuts for the poor and middle-class"......."No more pork barrel spending"......."We will secure our borders" etc.....

They've been filed away under "Gotcha", along with most other campaign promises. What's that got to do with you saying only dem pork barrell spending is going to bankrupt us, though?

Is it fun being that partisan?

They've been filed away under "Gotcha", along with most other campaign promises. What's that got to do with you saying only dem pork barrell spending is going to bankrupt us, though?

Is it fun being that partisan?

Let me see if I have your argument right. If a Republican says no to gays and later might be gay, FRY his ass for lying. If A Democrat says no to pork barrel spending and then ignores all the promises, we should just accept that is the way it goes. I got that right?

There is a word for you.

I'm talking about the $50 Billion in Democrat pork barrel spending that will bankrupt America. :(

Democratic projects fixing up America will put money in American's pockets and they will spend that money in America. Unlike the war on terrorism, where the money is going to Haloburton, which moved to Dubai to avoid paying taxes in America. Did you know that? Didn't think so.

Look up how much we have paid Mook Tada El Sadr for the cease fire. That money isn't coming back to America, unless of course you count sleeper cells.

Just kidding about sleepers. I don't think Sadr is a terrorist. He just wants us to leave.

Or, if we keep killing and raping innocent Iraqi's through Blackwater, we are going to make them mad enough to become terrorists. If we haven't already.

I'll shut up now because I don't want to be put on the terror watch list or no fly list. :eusa_shhh:

Bobo in capable of addressing things others have said, instead what he does is bring up something else. You tell him about Democrat wasteful spending, and instead of addressing that he simply pulls some examples of Republican spending out, and thinks that is some how justification for the other. He reminds me of a little kid on the play ground.

1. Bush is still in the swamp

2. With a one person majority and Bush as president you think free healthcare is possible?

3. We got tax cuts, economic stimulous package.

4. No one said no more pork. Pelosi said paygo. And the GOP, even though not in power, still spent more pork last year. You can't get anything done unless you give em their pork.

5. A border bill was passed. It was a horrible bill, but something was done. And you can blame the GOP for that too because it is an illegal employer problem. If corporations (ie republicans) would stop hiring illegals, they'd go home.

6. Using obstructionism to defeat or delay an opponent's agenda is nothing new in Washington. Over the past five years, there have been more than 260 threats of a legislative filibuster in the Senate. But the numbers suggest that with Democrats now in power, such tactics are dramatically on the rise.

New Figures Reveal Aggressive GOP Obstructionist Strategy

This is something the "liberal" media isn't telling you. :eusa_whistle:

Bobo in capable of addressing things others have said, instead what he does is bring up something else. You tell him about Democrat wasteful spending, and instead of addressing that he simply pulls some examples of Republican spending out, and thinks that is some how justification for the other. He reminds me of a little kid on the play ground.

Show me the Democratic "bridge to knowhere" charlie. What wasteful spending?

I bet you dig deep enough and you'll find the bullshit projects are all GOP projects because AGAIN, you can't get anything done unless you give Republicans their BACON!!!!

I suspect the problem is the stupidity and dishonesty of the OP. There's waste on both sides, but for 6 years, the waste belonged solely to the repubs and created massive deficit spending. Yet the troll talks about democratic spending.

It's not our fault if he makes the right look really bad. :)

Forum List

Back