Dems Telling Us We Have To Pay Extra To Protect Our Troops

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I couldn't believe this.....but after years of witnessing a party that really doesn't seem to care about how they look I wasn't really surprised when it was reported that Congressional Democrats want to start a War Tax to pay for Afghanistan.

In effect, they want to charge us extra for defending our troops....charge extra to send the troops Generals on the ground are requesting.

They always say it will only effect the upper 1% but that's merely a starting point. Soon everyone will have to pay extra just to feed, cloth, and protect our kids in uniform.

I wonder if this is some new plan to turn America against The Good War.

The Raw Story | US lawmakers: New tax should pay for Afghan war

New Tax being proposed

If the war is not paid for, its costs "will devour money that could be used to rebuild our economy by fixing our broken health care system, expanding educational opportunities and job training possibilities, attacking our long term energy problems and building stronger communities," they said.

Says it all.

If this happens, everyone who bitches about paying the extra tax is against America and against us being at war.

This is great stuff here. LOL

We should not need a tax. Shouldn't all those who support the war just contribute enough to pay for it?

It's not about supporting the war you stupid fuck, it's about supporting our soldiers. And you call yourself a US citizen. You're a pathetic piece of shit.

We should not need a tax. Shouldn't all those who support the war just contribute enough to pay for it?

I think that's a terrific idea.

Sell war bonds. Imagine the revenue that would generate.

But the only problem is Democrats don't like looking like they support the war and they also don't like it when we decide for ourselves if we want to pay extra. They are firm believers of forcing us to pay for whatever they deem is essential.

But the only problem is Democrats don't like looking like they support the war and they also don't like it when we decide for ourselves if we want to pay extra. They are firm believers of forcing us to pay for whatever they deem is essential.

Selling bonds increases the public dept, and costs more in the long term. Pay as you go, in health care, in war. Isn't that the conservative way (well, in word, not in deed).

When we first learned of IED's and our kids were being killed and maimed in Iraq (remember those unarmored vehicles Rumbsfeld sent to 'support' our men and women in uniform?) the Congress should have then passed a tax increase to pay for the war in Iraq, and the war on terror by providing our kids the defensive tools they needed.
I'm a Democrat and I support a tax to pay for the wars currently bleeding our nations kids and our national treasury.
Let's start with a Patriot Tax, .10 cents a gallon on gasoline; and a 1% tax on income, across the board, gross income without any deductions, credits or other perks.
Then we will pay as we go, and, show the world and the American people whether the far right really gives a shit about our citizens in harms way, or if they are too greedy to give a damn.

Selling bonds increases the public dept, and costs more in the long term. Pay as you go, in health care, in war. Isn't that the conservative way (well, in word, not in deed).

When we first learned of IED's and our kids were being killed and maimed in Iraq (remember those unarmored vehicles Rumbsfeld sent to 'support' our men and women in uniform?) the Congress should have then passed a tax increase to pay for the war in Iraq, and the war on terror by providing our kids the defensive tools they needed.
I'm a Democrat and I support a tax to pay for the wars currently bleeding our nations kids and our national treasury.
Let's start with a Patriot Tax, .10 cents a gallon on gasoline; and a 1% tax on income, across the board, gross income without any deductions, credits or other perks.
Then we will pay as we go, and, show the world and the American people whether the far right really gives a shit about our citizens in harms way, or if they are too greedy to give a damn.

I don't want to hear this bullshit about Rumsfeld. We had 8 years of Clinton. He discovered in 93' we needed armor and instead cut back the Defense Department.

After Somalia he knew we needed to protect our troops in these Muslim countries and he ignored the problem.

I couldn't believe this.....but after years of witnessing a party that really doesn't seem to care about how they look I wasn't really surprised when it was reported that Congressional Democrats want to start a War Tax to pay for Afghanistan.

In effect, they want to charge us extra for defending our troops....charge extra to send the troops Generals on the ground are requesting.

They always say it will only effect the upper 1% but that's merely a starting point. Soon everyone will have to pay extra just to feed, cloth, and protect our kids in uniform.

I wonder if this is some new plan to turn America against The Good War.

It's revealing of their motives and their cynicism, and belies their usual modus operandi which suggests that they do not understand that to tax an activity discourages it. Example: Bush kept our miliary action in the ME off budget, Obama has put it on budget.

Last edited:
they been in power since 2006, why didn't they suggest this 3 years ago if it was so damn necessary? and any ways iiirc the dems promised in 2006 they would end the war,, how's that working ecactly?

In theory it does sound good....but as we're heading towards bnkruptcy, it may not be the best of investments.

I don't want to hear this bullshit about Rumsfeld. We had 8 years of Clinton. He discovered in 93' we needed armor and instead cut back the Defense Department.

After Somalia he knew we needed to protect our troops in these Muslim countries and he ignored the problem.

"IT'S CLINTON'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" According to this moron.

You mean only some Americans should foot the bill for that which we all benefit? Does that mean if we get attacked again anyone who did not contribute is a legitimate target then? Maybe we should point those people out for the terrorists so the right people are the only ones being targeted and killed in an attack? Just how does this work for you then?

Just how far are people like you willing to go demanding that the wealthy should be forced to work to pay for everything so that people like you can sit on your ass and reap the benefits? The top 50% of wage earners are the ones already paying for the war because they are the ones paying all federal income taxes in the first place and the top 1% pays about 40% of all federal income taxes. Still not enough for you or what? They already pay the bulk of the bill for the war and are the ones who will still end up paying for it even with no additional tax. So what these Democrats are REALLY saying is they just want to lay claim to even more of their money and are willing to just use the PRETEXT that they still aren't paying their share of the burden for the benefit we ALL receive. Even though they are the only ones paying more than their fair share for it already.

Democrats are stupid enough to believe that Americans will never tire of them constantly fueling the flames of class envy - even though people have really caught on that it doesn't benefit this country. These arrogant assholes need to lose their jobs big time. In fact I'm starting to think those people who think they are entitled to have everything they want paid for by someone other than themselves and applaud having government confiscate the money of those who worked for it - so they can get a free ride and reap all the benefits, should start to look for a new home. At some point those stuck with the lion's share of the bill will decide they have had enough of being abused by their own government and revolt. History has shown they inevitably do. In THIS country, our Constitution forbids government from treating some Americans differently than others. Democrats disagree, always insisting that some Americans have no right to expect government to treat them the same as everyone else insisting government should target some Americans for ever more taxation and have their money confiscated. And now obviously favor a government that inflicts abusive levels of taxation until government has confiscated the wealth entirely away from those who earned it and forced to pay for the things everyone else wants but doesn't want to have to go out and earn it for themselves. Sorry, that just doesn't work as an American value for me.

Forum List

Back