Dems Telling Us We Have To Pay Extra To Protect Our Troops

I couldn't believe this.....but after years of witnessing a party that really doesn't seem to care about how they look I wasn't really surprised when it was reported that Congressional Democrats want to start a War Tax to pay for Afghanistan.

In effect, they want to charge us extra for defending our troops....charge extra to send the troops Generals on the ground are requesting.

They always say it will only effect the upper 1% but that's merely a starting point. Soon everyone will have to pay extra just to feed, cloth, and protect our kids in uniform.

I wonder if this is some new plan to turn America against The Good War.

The Raw Story | US lawmakers: New tax should pay for Afghan war

New Tax being proposed

So you support the troops as long as you don't have to flip the bill.

:thup:

This should have been implemented from the jump along with the scrapping of the Bush tax cuts.

hey! We the People have always footed the bill. The US of KKKA gets it's money from one source and one source only.. they get it from WE The People..And they piss most of it away too. on stupid shit like cash for carburatorers and lemming love.

I couldn't believe this.....but after years of witnessing a party that really doesn't seem to care about how they look I wasn't really surprised when it was reported that Congressional Democrats want to start a War Tax to pay for Afghanistan.

In effect, they want to charge us extra for defending our troops....charge extra to send the troops Generals on the ground are requesting.

They always say it will only effect the upper 1% but that's merely a starting point. Soon everyone will have to pay extra just to feed, cloth, and protect our kids in uniform.

New Tax being proposed

This should have been implemented from the jump along with the scrapping of the Bush tax cuts.

I sure as hell would rather pay taxes to support our national defense over giving money to consumers to buy a new car, or even to put them into their first home. We're going to have to pay for all of it anyway, one way or another.

If there were an added sur-tax to pay for "cash for clunkers" or the "first time home buyers tax credit" would you be so willing to support those in lieu of our common national defense? We pay for these things, all of them through the “inflation tax.” But I see maintaining our national safety, economic stability, even rebuilding the infrastructure of a foreign Afghanistan to ensure a stable government there preferable to rebuilding large parts of American cities after another 9/11 attack, or living in a state of chronic insecurity like prevails in Israel or many European countries.

New Tax being proposed

hey! We the People have always footed the bill. The US of KKKA gets it's money from one source and one source only.. they get it from WE The People..And they piss most of it away too. on stupid shit like cash for carburatorers and lemming love.

If by We the People you mean we "The People's Republic of China and future generations of Americans" then you would be correct.

If by We the People you mean we "The People's Republic of China and future generations of Americans" then you would be correct.

The more immediate payers will be those who suffer from the affects of inflation. The beneficiaries will be everyone in the future who benefits from a secure world and a stable economy over one of chaos and insecurity; that's the equation. We've always had to pay one way or the other. We paid for WWI and WWII and all other wars in the same way.

Last edited:

The more immediate payers will be those who suffer from the affects of inlation. The beneficiaries will be everyone in the future who benefits from a secure world and a stable economy over one of chaos and insecurity; that's the equation.

You're one of those glass half full kinda guys, huh?

New Tax being proposed

Yes, another attempt from liberal democrats to say well--if you want war--then pay for it--:lol::lol::lol: First of all there is no-one that wants war in this country. But from my experience "cutting & running" is no answer either. First of all--in all of our wars this will be the FIRST enemy that will counter attack us--IOW they will use our departure as a tool for recruitement. The enemy we face today--(terrorists) are outright maniacs. They are not Germans, they are not Japaneze, they are not Russians, nor Vietnameze. They are determined & they will never surrender to our way. They are in fact, the worst---continual enemy we will ever fight--& it will be continual--because they will never surrender. They have been fighting each other for centuries. They are blood thirsty, they attack & oppress their own women & children & there is absolutely no reason to believe that we can change their ways.

Our only option is to protect ourselves against them.

View attachment 8810.

Oreo.....how the fuck are you!!

Last edited:

does this government not collect Federal Income taxes from roughly 50% of We The People? yes 50% of us pay our share! the other 50% not so much.. so I have funded the military my entire working life.

The more immediate payers will be those who suffer from the affects of inlation. The beneficiaries will be everyone in the future who benefits from a secure world and a stable economy over one of chaos and insecurity; that's the equation.

Astute of you. Better a half glass than an empty glass, but the glass also has value. Our national security is a major component of the glass in this case. . . .

I still don't quite get the rub over this. We can pay for it now, or pay for it later with interest. Either way, we have to pay for it.

Do you cons think these wars don't come with a price tag? They do.

I still don't quite get the rub over this. We can pay for it now, or pay for it later with interest. Either way, we have to pay for it.

There is a difference: since when do we create sur-taxes for one item in a budget. Put the costs of the war in the military budget as was defined by the constitution. To tax is to discourage; to apply a tax directly is to explicitly discourage.

I've paid enough taxes in recent years to amount to entire family incomes in a given year, and I know some others right here have done the same. I've always persuaded myself that my taxes are buying lots of things that are good for me or my country, even though I would question some. National defense is first among the budget items I put in the necessary column.

Last edited:

It is half full? I thought it was lower than that?

does this government not collect Federal Income taxes from roughly 50% of We The People? yes 50% of us pay our share! the other 50% not so much.. so I have funded the military my entire working life.

Don't be silly, Willow. Everyone pays taxes.

Maybe because your mind is in the wrong place.

First of all, Democrats have a reputation of not giving a fuck about the troops. This only reinforces that belief. Being the party of image over substance one would think this would be paramount on their minds.

Second of all, the funds needed to do this operation properly are a drop in the bucket compared to what they want to spend on health care and Cap & Trade, both of which are total farces.....and a fraction of what they've already spent on the none-stimulative Stimulus Bill.

This smacks of opportunism of the worst kind. Yet another excuse to tax the wealthy which eventually will only be passed on to the rest of us.

One prominent liberal blogger has said if the goal was to end the war, the quickest way to kill it would be to force finding sixty votes in the Senate to pay for it.

And of course they don't think these wars come with a price tag. Why do they quote the cost of health care reform as a ten-year number, but quote defense spending and war funding as single year numbers? To hide the cost of conflict.

The silly bastards would have been apoplectic had this been proposed 6 years ago by the GOP.

A pox on both their lyin, thievin, conniving, parties and their acolytes.

Maybe because your mind is in the wrong place.

How so? I am a big believer in avoiding interest. I thought you conservatives where all about fiscal responsibility.

You know what I am about? Not empowering our future economic rival, China, by borrowing even more money from them.

First of all, Democrats have a reputation of not giving a fuck about the troops. This only reinforces that belief. Being the party of image over substance one would think this would be paramount on their minds.

Generalities are intellectually lazy.

Second of all, the funds needed to do this operation properly are a drop in the bucket compared to what they want to spend on health care and Cap & Trade, both of which are total farces.....and a fraction of what they've already spent on the none-stimulative Stimulus Bill.

So, if we can't pay for the total bill out-right, we shouldn't try and pay for it at all?

Tell that to your credit card company and see how it flies.

This smacks of opportunism of the worst kind. Yet another excuse to tax the wealthy which eventually will only be passed on to the rest of us.

Either way, we have to pay for this war. We can either start selling real estate or pay for it in taxes.

I know that Bush mislead you all into thinking that Wars don't cost money, but they do.

A lot of money.

The silly bastards would have been apoplectic had this been proposed 6 years ago by the GOP.

A pox on both their lyin, thievin, conniving, parties and their acolytes.

Actually, the Democrats did try to enact taxes that would fund the war six years ago.

W. Bush resoundingly opposed any such tax, because he knew that most Americans wouldn't support his silly wars if they actually knew they had to pay for them.

The joke is on us, because, guess what? We still have to pay for them.

Now we get to pay the interest too.

One prominent liberal blogger has said if the goal was to end the war, the quickest way to kill it would be to force finding sixty votes in the Senate to pay for it.

And of course they don't think these wars come with a price tag. Why do they quote the cost of health care reform as a ten-year number, but quote defense spending and war funding as single year numbers? To hide the cost of conflict.

Right on.

Bush was a big believer in not making anyone (save for the military and their families) sacrifice for these things.

Well, we are still going to have to sacrifice eventually. I guess that's what you get when you elect a guy whose lived his whole life on credit.

Personally, I think they should amend the constitution to automatically enact an income tax in the event of any war.

I'd bet we'd be a lot less gung ho then.

I have an idea. Why don't we tax political fund raisers 30% of their gross take.
It would be fair because both parties would fork up money.
It would be fair because no voter is force to pay.
It would be fair because Politicians put us in this war - had they done their jobs 911 would have been averted.
It would be fair because Politicians are the ones who never balance the budget.

It might even get the Politicians to find a better way to handle Our money; remember that all the money the Politicians have is Our money, and they have all made a habit of misusing it for decades. Let them pay. That's a Change we all might Hope to see.

New Tax being proposed

Every new proposal that comes down the pike the Libs argue this only applies to the upper 1%....Then there's another hair brain scheme for health care....Well this new tax only applies to the upper 1% of taxpayers If you make less then $250,000 you're fine.Soon there aren't going to be those rich folks to hit up for taxes any more....

Maybe this is the Libs plan all along.:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back