Dems Push For Largest Tax Increase In History

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Well, they did not waste any time folks. Dems are now pushing for the biggest tax increase in the nations history

Nobody will be exempt from having more of their money taken from them. Young, old, married, single, investors, and business owners. Wheh it comes to helping themselfs to your money, Dems will not overlook you

So much for the "New Democrat" label

http://budget.house.gov/republicans/press/2007/pr20070322b.pdf

Well, they did not waste any time folks. Dems are now pushing for the biggest tax increase in the nations history

Nobody will be exempt from having more of their money taken from them. Young, old, married, single, investors, and business owners. Wheh it comes to helping themselfs to your money, Dems will not overlook you

So much for the "New Democrat" label

http://budget.house.gov/republicans/press/2007/pr20070322b.pdf

What are you whining about redstates?

Did you think you could just pay lip service to "supporting" this war without end forever without it eventually costing you something?

The credit card is maxed out. Now it's time to pay the bills.

At least you're not being asked (yet) to ration your gasoline, butter, and toilet paper. Be happy.

It's the least you can do to really put your money where your mouth is in terms of actually "supporting" your war!

What are you whining about redstates?

Did you think you could just pay lip service to "supporting" this war without end forever without it eventually costing you something?

The credit card is maxed out. Now it's time to pay the bills.

At least you're not being asked (yet) to ration your gasoline, butter, and toilet paper. Be happy.

It's the least you can do to really put your money where your mouth is in terms of actually "supporting" your war!

Revenues are up

The deficit is down by over57%

The economy is expanding

So why raise taxes?

to pay for a war....duh

Again, the deficit is down over 57%, revenues are at all time highs, the economy continues to grow, and all libs want to do is steal more of the producers money to fund ever growing government spending

Again, the deficit is down over 57%, revenues are at all time highs, the economy continues to grow, and all libs want to do is steal more of the producers money to fund ever growing government spending

nope...just pay for a trillion dollar war so our grandchildren won't have to.

nope...just pay for a trillion dollar war so our grandchildren won't have to.

Since the top 1% pay over 36% of taxes and the top 25% pay over 84% of all Federal income taxes - how much more do you want them to pay?

so you support higher taxes on married couples, the lowest wage earners, and the self employed business owner?

I support repealing Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. They were living pretty fuckin' large BEFORE the tax cuts and they will still be livin' large when they are repealed.

I support repealing Bush's tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. They were living pretty fuckin' large BEFORE the tax cuts and they will still be livin' large when they are repealed.

So you want to punish achievement and remove incentives for them to invest and take risk?

The "rich" are actually paying MORE in taxes AFTER the tax cuts

The US government set a record for tax recepits last October and the money continues to pour into the US Treasury

So you want to punish achievement and remove incentives for them to invest and take risk?

The US government set a record for tax recepits last October and the money continues to pour into the US Treasury

a marginal increase in tax rate for uber-wealthy is hardly a "punishment"

This war is outside the budget and its cost is being passed on to our children and grandchildren.... the rich can afford to cough up a little - they have done well in this war economy.

a marginal increase in tax rate for uber-wealthy is hardly a "punishment"

This war is outside the budget and its cost is being passed on to our children and grandchildren.... the rich can afford to cough up a little - they have done well in this war economy.

What do you consider "wealthy"?

Many self employed file under a 1040 and make up the "rich" libs love to bash. Most jobs come from small business and when libs help themselfs to more of their money, they do not hire, they do not expand, and that means less money paid in taxes

I consider anyone who reports annual PERSONAL (not business) income of over $250K to be well enough off to afford a marginal increase in their top tax rate.

I consider anyone who reports annual PERSONAL (not business) income of over $250K to be well enough off to afford a marginal increase in their top tax rate.

Why should they have to? They obviously made the right choices in life in order to get to that point.

If you do not a Chapter S status, many small business file under a 1040 and get slammed. Liberal compassion at its best

Considering someone making $250,000 pays about 50 to 60% of their income in Federal, state, local taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes now - I am sure they will be happy to know you think they can afford to pay more

If it wasn't Iraq and Afghanistan it would be something else......But saying this it is a fact for some odd reason the democrats just love raising taxes. Yet they keep the under privilege poor and keep them dependant for handouts under these ideals. I worked my ass off and have a home and land and a few nice things in life. I'll never be rich and for my punishment of being a worker and tax payer and self supporting I’ll get the marriage tax, that might be a good thing since the gay community will have to bite the bullet on that idea that being married is such a great escape! Then the death tax which right now I’m not planning on dying but I have relatives that are close to it.
The whole idea of outright raising taxes would happen no matter what as long as the democrats had there way. I wonder how many liberals returned those tax refunds that President Bush made possible several years ago? I bet not one liberal but they raised hell while spending that money. Paying for the war, building power plants in the state of California and other states, or fixing the old Reagan era power grid would be a positive start or fixing our borders and even mass transit upgrading would be good as well. So if I’m gonna have to cough before I grab my ankles for the deep penetration then make our money work for the upgrading of our nation so that everyone can appreciate and respect those modern upgrades!
I’m not against getting screwed as long as we the people see the money used for valid upgrades to our countries modernization!
Not keeping those on death role alive a little longer, or keeping the able bodies on welfare a few more years.

Ahhh.....the myth of "trickle down" economics rears its ugly head again!

Ahhh.....the myth of "trickle down" economics rears its ugly head again!

It worked for JFK

It worked for Ronald Reagan

and it is working for Pres Bush

Libs cannot understand how more revenue is generated when taxes are lowered

If you do not a Chapter S status, many small business file under a 1040 and get slammed. Liberal compassion at its best

Considering someone making $250,000 pays about 50 to 60% of their income in Federal, state, local taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes now - I am sure they will be happy to know you think they can afford to pay more

what you know about tax law could fit in a coffee cup and there would still be room for a cup of coffee. If a small businessman does not know enough to hire a good tax accountant - shame on him.

Forum List

Back