Dems Push For Largest Tax Increase In History

It's a good example of how Congress spends our money. If they aren't using tax increases to buy votes - then where do you think the money will be spent?

What's the difference between lowering taxes on the rich and eliminating all tax shelters and loopholes or keeping the tax rate high on the rich but leaving the tax shelters and loopholes in place?

All that talk about the rich paying more than their fair share and wealth envy is illogical. They'd still pay the same amount in taxes even with a flat tax plan.

They'd still pay the same amount in taxes even with a flat tax plan.

Unless they wouldn't... (which would explain why they're the hardest pushers of such a plan)

(Don't get me wrong here... I know the propaganda for the flat tax says they would pay the same amount... but they're pushing too hard for it to be true if you ask me... they know something we don't)

Unless they wouldn't... (which would explain why they're the hardest pushers of such a plan)

(Don't get me wrong here... I know the propaganda for the flat tax says they would pay the same amount... but they're pushing too hard for it to be true if you ask me... they know something we don't)

The biggest knock on it that I can see is figuring out how to keep income and corporations in the US.

Also, if you simplify the tax code you put a lot of tax accountants out of work too. And with less tax accountant jobs available, what do we do with all those jews that failed law and medical school? (;) Jillian)

The biggest knock on it that I can see is figuring out how to keep income and corporations in the US.

Also, if you simplify the tax code you put a lot of tax accountants out of work too. And with less tax accountant jobs available, what do we do with all those jews that failed law and medical school? (;) Jillian)

How about libs stop attacking and threatening them? That mght keep them in the US

There is no "Troop Funding Bill"

There IS an emergency funding bill which addresses much of the business the Republican led previous Congress didn't bother addressing because they were too busy meeting over "important issues" like Terri Shiavo and gay marriage. So, there is spending for things like **GASP** Katrina aid (which the President promised and never delivered on) and other spending which is important to those needing it.

Oh, and... uh there's also over $100 billion of the $122 billion for... what? Oh yeah, OUR WARRIORS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

But, you'd deny them those funds because you don't want Katrina victims to get any aid as well?

Billions have been spent on Katrina. I recall how the "victims" used their $2000 ATM cards on such vital needs as strip clubs, tatoos, designer hand bags, plasma TV's, and computers.

New Orleans had about $200 milion available to reopen the Superdome - while they whine how there are still work to be done cleaning up the city

Yes, leave it to libs to screw up the rebuilding process

If it wasn't Iraq and Afghanistan it would be something else......But saying this it is a fact for some odd reason the democrats just love raising taxes. Yet they keep the under privilege poor and keep them dependant for handouts under these ideals. I worked my ass off and have a home and land and a few nice things in life. I'll never be rich and for my punishment of being a worker and tax payer and self supporting I’ll get the marriage tax, that might be a good thing since the gay community will have to bite the bullet on that idea that being married is such a great escape! Then the death tax which right now I’m not planning on dying but I have relatives that are close to it.
The whole idea of outright raising taxes would happen no matter what as long as the democrats had there way. I wonder how many liberals returned those tax refunds that President Bush made possible several years ago? I bet not one liberal but they raised hell while spending that money. Paying for the war, building power plants in the state of California and other states, or fixing the old Reagan era power grid would be a positive start or fixing our borders and even mass transit upgrading would be good as well. So if I’m gonna have to cough before I grab my ankles for the deep penetration then make our money work for the upgrading of our nation so that everyone can appreciate and respect those modern upgrades!
I’m not against getting screwed as long as we the people see the money used for valid upgrades to our countries modernization!
Not keeping those on death role alive a little longer, or keeping the able bodies on welfare a few more years.

You're not going to pay the death tax. The death tax only kicks in on people whose net worth exceeds 3.5 million dollars, and the first 3.5 million is exempted.

You're not going to pay the death tax. The death tax only kicks in on people whose net worth exceeds 3.5 million dollars, and the first 3.5 million is exempted.

so why should anyone have to pay taxes on wealth where they have already paid taxes on?

Only with libs, when you are born you get a birth certificate and when you die you get a tax bill

so we don't perpetuate and facilitate an aritstocracy?

The thing that bugs libs more then anything eles is how revenues INCREASE when taxes are CUT....

US Treasury Sets New 1-Day Tax Receipt Record Of $85.8 Billion
Tuesday September 19th, 2006 / 0h04

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. government recorded record-high overall and corporate tax receipts on Sept. 15, which was a quarterly deadline for tax payments, the Treasury said Monday.
Total tax receipts were $85.8 billion on Friday, compared with the previous one-day record of $71 billion on Sept. 15 of last year, the Treasury said.
Within the overall figure, corporate tax receipts Friday were $71.8 billion, up from $63 billion in September of last year.
Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance Randal Quarles said Friday's numbers provided a "continuing demonstration of the strength of the U.S. economy."
"In fact, Friday's gross receipts were the largest in a single day in the nation's history - 20% higher than receipts on the same quarterly tax payment date last year," Quarles said in a statement.
-By Benton Ives-Halperin, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9255; [email protected]

The thing that bugs libs more then anything eles is how revenues INCREASE when taxes are CUT....

US Treasury Sets New 1-Day Tax Receipt Record Of $85.8 Billion
Tuesday September 19th, 2006 / 0h04

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. government recorded record-high overall and corporate tax receipts on Sept. 15, which was a quarterly deadline for tax payments, the Treasury said Monday.
Total tax receipts were $85.8 billion on Friday, compared with the previous one-day record of $71 billion on Sept. 15 of last year, the Treasury said.
Within the overall figure, corporate tax receipts Friday were $71.8 billion, up from $63 billion in September of last year.
Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance Randal Quarles said Friday's numbers provided a "continuing demonstration of the strength of the U.S. economy."
"In fact, Friday's gross receipts were the largest in a single day in the nation's history - 20% higher than receipts on the same quarterly tax payment date last year," Quarles said in a statement.
-By Benton Ives-Halperin, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9255; [email protected]

it doesn't bug me in the least.... there is no proof of a cause and effect in that revenue increase. I would suggest that revenues would increase even more with a marginal increase on the wealthiest Americans....they certainly can afford it.... and, by the way...what does your reply have to do with my post which you quoted? It seems as if all you really do is post and repost talking points that are somewhat close to the subject of the conversation, rather than use your own brain to formulate your own response to actual thoughts of others and actually, therefore, conduct a semblance of a debate.

Id your goal is to make money of any activity by taxing it - it makes sense to do everything you can to encourage the activity.

When government raises taxes of tobacco the sales drop and goernment takes in less money and thus they have to keep raising the tax to make up for the "lost revenue"

Tax cuts bring in more revenue. It worked for JFK. It worked for Ronald Reagan (revenues DOUBLED to over $1trillion in eight years) and as I posted above it is working for Pres Bush

Liberal arrogrance is something to see. We have a very small minoirity paying a huge majority of the taxes collected, and yet it still not enough for the left

Billions have been spent on Katrina. I recall how the "victims" used their $2000 ATM cards on such vital needs as strip clubs, tatoos, designer hand bags, plasma TV's, and computers.

New Orleans had about $200 milion available to reopen the Superdome - while they whine how there are still work to be done cleaning up the city

Yes, leave it to libs to screw up the rebuilding process

In that situation you either put restrictions on money and ATM cards or you don't ask questions about what it’s being spent on. Our government should have known how irresponsible these people are in the first place because the majority of the people have been on the system for generations, this goes way beyond reasonable survival and just plain greed. This is where our system failed because we've refused to update and require folks to work and not live off the system. In a real disaster situation like Katrina the government should use lessons learned for future disasters.

In that situation you either put restrictions on money and ATM cards or you don't ask questions about what it’s being spent on. Our government should have known how irresponsible these people are in the first place because the majority of the people have been on the system for generations, this goes way beyond reasonable survival and just plain greed. This is where our system failed because we've refused to update and require folks to work and not live off the system. In a real disaster situation like Katrina the government should use lessons learned for future disasters.

Liberalism requires people to be dependent on government. Like drug dealers, libs want you to be totally dependednt on them for the next fix, or in the case of government, your next handout

When you use the European community and the exchange differences this could work. I am concerned about a global currency if we are going to try and align ourselves like Europe. Not to get off the subject but I'm hoping our leaders are looking at that possibility.
Again my point is if we raise taxes then we as a nation deserve to see what and where are taxes are going and how they are being used.
The fair tax is simply a consupmtion tax, simalr to the system used in Europe. It has nothing to do with Euopres monetary system. It is designed to be revenue neutral, therefore no "raising" of actual tax rates. The reason why it makes us more competetive with Europe is that it eliminates the tax on wages that artificailly inflates the costs of exported goods.

Forum List

Back