Dems Push For Largest Tax Increase In History

Why should they have to? They obviously made the right choices in life in order to get to that point.

So you subscribe to this theory of social Darwinism?

I think the old 19th century Alger Horatio myth is death shattered. Without government intervention the rich just keep getting richer and the poor get poorer.

what you know about tax law could fit in a coffee cup and there would still be room for a cup of coffee. If a small businessman does not know enough to hire a good tax accountant - shame on him.

Ah, the liberal arrogrance is coming to the surface. It costs alot of money to form a Chapter S corportation and I thought libs were for getting rid of tax shelters?

It seems to be able to keep more of the money you earn, you have to jump thru hoops and live you life according to the edicts of liberals

The producers pay more then enough in taxes, and libs only want more from them

Ah, the liberal arrogrance is coming to the surface. It costs alot of money to form a Chapter S corportation and I thought libs were for getting rid of tax shelters?

It seems to be able to keep more of the money you earn, you have to jump thru hoops and live you life according to the edicts of liberals

The producers pay more then enough in taxes, and libs only want more form them

as I have said.... the rich were livin' large before Bush cut their taxes....they will still do the same. And creating a Chapter S corporation is not very costly at all...any good accountant can walk you through the process...and it will pay for itself.

And I have no problem with anyone legally sheltering their income from unnecessary taxation.

as I have said.... the rich were livin' large before Bush cut their taxes....they will still do the same. And creating a Chapter S corporation is not very costly at all...any good accountant can walk you through the process...and it will pay for itself.

And I have no problem with anyone legally sheltering their income from unnecessary taxation.

so since they are paying MORE in taxes after the tax cuts - why raise them?

Revenues to the government are at record highs, why is thuis not enough for the left?

The deficit is down over 57% and is continuing to drop. Why raise taxes?

Why should anyone have to spend more money to keep more of their own money?

you keep asking the same question...I answered it already

are you asking why someone should incorporate? are you asking why someone should pay an accountant to help them pay as little tax as they are legally required to do? what a ridiculous question!

Because the economy grows, income goes up, and the after tax balance increases as well.

Perhaps you should stop thinking of how to allocate more of a stagnant pie to taxes and government - and grow it so there is more for everyone in absolute terms instead.

Ahhh.....the myth of "trickle down" economics rears its ugly head again!

^ The Heartbreak of Economic Illiteracy on Parade.

A healthy, growing economy is better for The Majority than a low, stagnant, or shrinking one.

are you asking why someone should incorporate? are you asking why someone should pay an accountant to help them pay as little tax as they are legally required to do? what a ridiculous question!

Considering people spend over one trillion dollars to prepare their taxes - it would seem to be another heavy burden to pay. A flat tax would solve the problem and open the flood gates to economic growth and wealth creation for all

Libs have an obsession with taking peoples money and giving it away to others

Considering people spend over one trillion dollars to prepare their taxes - it would seem to be another heavy burden to pay. A flat tax would solve the problem and open the flood gates to economic growth and wealth creation for all

Libs have an obsession with taking peoples money and giving it away to others

you would have thought that if the republicans thought that a flat tax was such a good idea, that they would have passed it sometime between 2001 and 2007 when they had both the congress and the white house.

why do you think they didn't?

and tell me again how a flat tax would stop the phenomenon of taking people's money and giving it to others.

you would have thought that if the republicans thought that a flat tax was such a good idea, that they would have passed it sometime between 2001 and 2007 when they had both the congress and the white house.

why do you think they didn't?

Well all my liberal relatives that live off the beltway love the idea of a flat tax! I'd be for it if someone could actually say that a flat tax cap across the board would have to be inserted in the bill. My concern with a flat tax is it could and most likely be abused after several years of successful flat taxing of the peoples. Once the trust was established we'd all get jammed up.

Well all my liberal relatives that live off the beltway love the idea of a flat tax! I'd be for it if someone could actually say that a flat tax cap across the board would have to be inserted in the bill. My concern with a flat tax is it could and most likely be abused after several years of successful flat taxing of the peoples. Once the trust was established we'd all get jammed up.
Most of the big time conservatives I talk to support the Fair Tax plan. Based on what I've read it makes sense, as it would give us a level playing field with Europe, and do the same thing as what the Flat Tax promises to do: eliminate the IRS as we know it and remove all tax loop holes.

Most of the big time conservatives I talk to support the Fair Tax plan. Based on what I've read it makes sense, as it would give us a level playing field with Europe, and do the same thing as what the Flat Tax promises to do: eliminate the IRS as we know it and remove all tax loop holes.

When you use the European community and the exchange differences this could work. I am concerned about a global currency if we are going to try and align ourselves like Europe. Not to get off the subject but I'm hoping our leaders are looking at that possibility.
Again my point is if we raise taxes then we as a nation deserve to see what and where are taxes are going and how they are being used.

For a preview of where the taxes will go - take a look at all of the pork attached to the Troop Funding Bill.

Uh. Paris Hilton is a Trust Fund Baby. Most of her wealth is already shielded from taxes.

As usual, Democrats have to even out the gap between the Republicans' irresponsible spending and gladhanding and tax revenue.

Just like President Bush, Republicans want a war but they don't want to pay for it.

For a preview of where the taxes will go - take a look at all of the pork attached to the Troop Funding Bill.

There is no "Troop Funding Bill"

There IS an emergency funding bill which addresses much of the business the Republican led previous Congress didn't bother addressing because they were too busy meeting over "important issues" like Terri Shiavo and gay marriage. So, there is spending for things like **GASP** Katrina aid (which the President promised and never delivered on) and other spending which is important to those needing it.

Oh, and... uh there's also over $100 billion of the $122 billion for... what? Oh yeah, OUR WARRIORS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

But, you'd deny them those funds because you don't want Katrina victims to get any aid as well?

Forum List

Back