Dems flip yet another seat in Trump-friendly Sarasota

So far since Jan. 20th in the special elections Dems have won 12 and Repubs 11.
One gained so far, we'll see this Nov.

Ehhh no - this one made 51 flips for Ds

“They’re winning elections in places where they shouldn’t be,” said Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s former campaign manager, at a Sunday afternoon rally for the Republican candidate. “We’ve seen them win statehouse seats in Wisconsin. We’ve seen them win big mayor’s races in New Hampshire. Fifty seats have already changed hands, from Republicans to Democrats, since President Trump took office. Make no mistake: The Democrats are unified.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.7d39d3ecb3d2

We still have June, July, Aug. &Sept. to go.
Then the Nov. election.
The wins are in many heavily democratic areas.
Like I said, we will see in Nov.
Nonsense. The wins are primarily in red and purple area. Tough, I know, but there it is.

The wins were not in heavily Democrat areas. Several of those seats were in areas that went to some degree for Trump.

“They’re winning elections in places where they shouldn’t be,” said Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s former campaign manager, at a Sunday afternoon rally for the Republican candidate. “We’ve seen them win statehouse seats in Wisconsin. We’ve seen them win big mayor’s races in New Hampshire. Fifty seats have already changed hands, from Republicans to Democrats, since President Trump took office. Make no mistake: The Democrats are unified.”​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.7d39d3ecb3d2

Then the Nov. election.
Nonsense. The wins are primarily in red and purple area. Tough, I know, but there it is.

The wins were not in heavily Democrat areas. Several of those seats were in areas that went to some degree for Trump.
Even when shown they are wrong, this picture tells it all.
immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

The generic map though is tightening.

The women will need to work even harder if they want to dump the Trump gang and his supporters.

Then the Nov. election.

Toot the horn all you want. :)

Special elections to the 115th United States Congress (2017-2018) - Ballotpedia

here were seven special elections held for seats in Congress in 2017—six for U.S. House seats and one for a U.S. Senate seat. In the six U.S. House races, five seats were previously held by Republicans and one was previously held by a Democrat. None of the seats changed partisan control in the special elections, meaning there were five Republican holds and one Democratic hold. In the U.S. Senate special election, Democrats took control of the Alabama seat previously held by Jeff Sessions (R).

The special election for most of these seats occurred on or before June of 2017. The Alabama special election was the latest and represented a partisan shift. In November, Democrats retained the Virginia governorship and picked up the NJ governorship as well as 15 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates. In Kansas Republicans won by 4 points in a seat Pompeo won by 25 and the Democrat got no help from the national party.

This is the 36th I believe, mostly in districts where Trump won bigly.

A small swath of southwest Florida captured the attention of the country Tuesday night as Democrats and Republicans battled over a lowly state House seat in a symbolic struggle over the country’s political future.

By night’s end, Democrat Margaret Good had waltzed into Trump territory and trounced James Buchanan, the son of a GOP congressman, to take the special election for Florida’s House District 72. But the ballot might as well have read Republicans vs. the Blue Wave.

Republicans and Democrats treated the Sarasota district like a proxy for the midterm congressional elections. Democratic donors from as far away as California cut checks to Good, an attorney, and former Vice President Joe Biden recorded a robo-call for her. For the Republicans, Gov. Rick Scott helped, and former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski parachuted into the Gulf Coast Sunday to lead a Republican rally.

The results, the latest in a minority party surge that has seen the party swing dozens of legislative seats across the country since Trump stunned Democrats in 2016, have the minority party riding high about their prospects heading into November.​

In nationally watched race, Democrat takes state House seat in Trump-friendly Sarasota

How could this have happened? OMG!? Because my withholding fell by $34/month and now I'm a Trumptard!!! Didn't that happen to everyone?

Wow...good job Loons...Congrats.
And you pulled this off without falsely accusing anyone of being a pedophile?

So dems dump a ton of money into a small race, enrage the local opposition, and then crow about winning?

Lets see how the general election goes while Trump's policies continue to help people.

It's a 12 point swing - Tick Tock - suburban women are comin' to get ya! :)

Good won by 7 percentage points in a district that President Donald Trump carried by 5 points in the 2016 election.

And yet the generic ballot trending for congress has gone from D+15 to R+1

But keep winning single districts in special elections here and there that don't mean anything except to boost your own flagging spirits.

Rasmussen has Democrats now up to a 9 point average. What we are seeing is women especially suburban women coming out in greater numbers and voting for Democrats even more than they voted for Clinton. We saw that in NJ Virginia and Alabama.

NEGATIVE...
Alabama was won thanks to fabricated bullshit fairytales and thanks to ShaQuita and DaShawn finally leaving the couch and the bong.

NEGATIVE...
Alabama was won thanks to fabricated bullshit fairytales and thanks to ShaQuita and DaShawn finally leaving the couch and the bong.

Does it make you proud to be a racist as well as a supporter of one who diddled a 14 year old? :confused-84:

NEGATIVE...

Does it make you proud to be a racist as well as a supporter of one who diddled a 14 year old? :confused-84:

Since you've seen these people's acts for almost 2 years now, you shouldn't have to ask that question.

[

NEGATIVE...

Put another way Alabama was won because conservatives think that loons like Roy Moore are good role models.

Nah...ShaQuita and DaShawn left the couch....once.
how-jones-won.jpg

That race was won because tens of thousands of women knew better.

Alabama's women wrote the verdict on Roy Moore

[

NEGATIVE...

Put another way Alabama was won because conservatives think that loons like Roy Moore are good role models.

how-jones-won.jpg

So I guess that incessant blather from conservatives that black voters are turning away from the Democrats is pure horseshit, eh?

[

NEGATIVE...

how-jones-won.jpg

That race was won because tens of thousands of women knew better.

Alabama's women wrote the verdict on Roy Moore

Trump makes all sorts of boasts about all the black Americans he's put to work..

...apparently he's put them to work voting.

There is nothing unusual about the majority party losing seats to the minority party. What is the most shocking thing- Each time the minority wrest power from the majority, people write the Obituary for the losing party. Happens every time.

After Dem's lost nearly 1,000 seats nationally they will scrape a handful back. Dem's forget to mention they were obliterated over the past few years, I'm sure they all want to forget that.

NEGATIVE...

NO, NO, NO.....you see, you are the ones that should be proud. You are determined to resurrect racism....you won’t be happy until Blacks are at the back of the bus again...and you know it.

Who “diddled” a 14 year old?
Did I miss the charges being filed and the trial?

By the way....aren’t you guys big fans of pedophilia? Won’t you be pushing to add that “P” to your forever expanding acronym real soon?

[

NEGATIVE...

how-jones-won.jpg

So I guess that incessant blather from conservatives that black voters are turning away from the Democrats is pure horseshit, eh?

Not real sure....I haven’t heard that claim. I’ve been saying Blacks will flip and vote Republican as soon as they realize that Wetbacks are stealing their welfare....It will definitely happen...book it.
The thing is....Kanye, Al or Jesse will have to notify them of the thievery first, they won’t connect the dots on their own. It’s coming, get ready.

Forum List

Back