Dems Clueless about Combat

So, deserving a combat ribbon or not, I salute the drone pilots as one of millions of men and women willing to put on a uniform and risk their safety, while the rest of the country chases wealth and fancy cars and second guesses every action those folks in uniform dare make on behalf of their own safety.

The part you don't seem to get is that drone pilots don't risk their safety. They sit in a comfortable air conditioned control center 8000 miles from any danger.

Last edited:
Since Obama has approved more drone attacks than Bush, I am unclear how this article proves "Dems are clueless about combat".

So a drone taking out a guy and the 7 or 8 innocent people that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is now defined as combat?

Was a heavy bomber dropping bombs on the city of Dresden in WWII combat? How about nuking Hiroshima?

Enemy fighters shot down thousands of bombers, and thousands upon thousands of crew members were killed as a result. How many drone pilots have had a single shot fired at them?

So, deserving a combat ribbon or not, I salute the drone pilots as one of millions of men and women willing to put on a uniform and risk their safety, while the rest of the country chases wealth and fancy cars and second guesses every action those folks in uniform dare make on behalf of their own safety.

The part you don't seem to get is that drone pilots don't risk their safety. This sit in a comfortable air conditioned control center 8000 miles from any danger.

I don't think anyone said it was a dangerous job. But, people in the military get medals for doing their jobs well in or out of danger. This is a new class of warrior. We've never really had one where they could "be in combat," but really not face any danger themselves.

The part you don't seem to get is that drone pilots don't risk their safety. This sit in a comfortable air conditioned control center 8000 miles from any danger.

I don't think anyone said it was a dangerous job. But, people in the military get medals for doing their jobs well in or out of danger. This is a new class of warrior. We've never really had one where they could "be in combat," but really not face any danger themselves.

We have had military in charge of nuclear weapons for 55 years who were located half a world away. This does not seem much different

Since Obama has approved more drone attacks than Bush, I am unclear how this article proves "Dems are clueless about combat".

So a drone taking out a guy and the 7 or 8 innocent people that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is now defined as combat?

Was a heavy bomber dropping bombs on the city of Dresden in WWII combat? How about nuking Hiroshima?

America lost sixty aircraft and six hundred airmen in one raid over Germany.

Covert drone strikes are one of President Obama's key national security policies. He has already authorized 283 strikes in Pakistan, six times more than the number during President George W. Bush's eight years in office.

Drone is Obama's weapon of choice - CNN.com

When did we go to war with Pakistan?

Or is Obama attacking and killing people in a Sovereign Country that we are not at war with?

Its part of something we call ....The War on Terror
Did you miss it? It was in all the papers

Terrorists do not recognize international borders....and neither do we

Last edited:

Or is Obama attacking and killing people in a Sovereign Country that we are not at war with?

So when do we start using the drones on the terrorists in England, Germany, Italy, Russia, Iran, etc?

Isn't that one of those "stupid wars" that turds like you claim we shouldn't be fighting?

Wow so now the "war", the undeclared war in the Middle East is the same as WWII?

And assassination is not combat.

I don't see the need for a seperate class of medal for drone pilots. There are multiple MOSs that don't see direct combat yet are recognized for exemplary service.

Drone pilots do an exceptional job but I don't see where a special recognition is warranted

In most cases you're right. But, if someone is deserving of something more than an Air Force Commendation medal and less than a Legion of Merit for actions relating to "combat" but not directly in combat, what do you give them? I think there ought to be a bronze star equivalent (no V device) for participating (but not personally engaged) in combat. Likely, there will be more and more of these positions in the near future before we develop our robot army.

I've seen E-3's getting NAMS for cleaning the shitter exceptionally while on mess duty in the Wardroom.
At least you got SOME kind o' "training", while there!!!

:eusa_eh:

Covert drone strikes are one of President Obama's key national security policies. He has already authorized 283 strikes in Pakistan, six times more than the number during President George W. Bush's eight years in office.

Drone is Obama's weapon of choice - CNN.com

We weren't at war with Afghanistan when we attacked Al Qaeda there in 2001.

Now we have queers infecting it. Well done.

Why don't you enlist and suck a dick in celebration

Mitt Romney called. He says your tongue missed one of the bloodstains in his ass crack.

Back to work!!!!

Here's another "never served, non-serving cocksucker" who's hidden out behind a keyboard since Gulf War 1.

Put your mouth back on Obama's nuts, and suck.

Shut up and go back to your gay biker hookup site before I post a link to it. lol

Unfortunately you did not read the complete essay. If you had you'd understand the meaning. What bravery does a pilot sitting hundreds of miles away controlling a UAV have to deserve a medal? Ergo Proggies and Dems are clueless about combat.

combat evolves.

WWII and Korea and Vietnam Irag, Afghanistan knew nothing about 'real' combat in the good old days of battle axes and swords and...

gawd, the OP is an idiot

:cuckoo:

Unfortunately you did not read the complete essay. If you had you'd understand the meaning. What bravery does a pilot sitting hundreds of miles away controlling a UAV have to deserve a medal? Ergo Proggies and Dems are clueless about combat.

Why do most snipers get medals? Why do most people get medals? What is bravery, posting on USMB under an anonymous screen name?

Forum List

Back