Dems can kiss the Senate good bye.

Please, Brer Fox, don't go after ObamaCare!

That is, we Democrats hope the Republicans really are dumb enough to focus on the increasing popular ACA.

None of the Republicans want to look at the polls, which currently show it more likely for the Democrats to keep the senate. Of the 4 tossup races (AK, AR, LA, NC), the Republicans would need to win 3 out of 4. Odds are against that. And time is on the side of the Democrats, as the ACA keeps getting more popular.

What makes you believe ACA is growing in "popularity"..
BTW, not that this has a fucking thing to do with the issue of the thread, but since you opened the door....The liberal mindset is focused not on the good of the country, but on what is popular. That is the WORST way to attempt to govern.

Harry Reid will get the bathroom plunger he deserves.

Analysis: Dems' Meddling Falls Flat in North Carolina GOP Primary - Guy Benson

The Map keeps getting bigger and bigger.

It's gonna be fun in November.

Even Biden has it figured out:

Biden to Dems: 'We Could Lose' to Ted Cruz

Gotta love the whitewashing job here!

(2) For what it's worth, with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting, approximately 486,000 North Carolinians voted in the Republican Senate primary, whereas 475,000 cast ballots in the Democratic primary. Hagan pulled in 368,000 votes in her primary win, compared to the combined total of the top three Republican finishers: ~439,000. While it's true that only the GOP race was really contested or competitive, this vote disparity could point to the enthusiasm gap that may manifest itself in a fairly conservative-leaning electorate this fall. Especially if independents break for Republicans by a significant margin.

The combined total of the top 3 Dems is 480k as opposed to the combined total for the top 3 GOP is 439k. The total of all GOP votes was only 463k.

So if there is an "enthusiasm gap" it is not on the Dem side of the fence.

There is nothing in here about women. Not a thing.

This is YOUR false allegation, not mine!

Listening said:
Your original post made claims about a gap with conservative women.

Since my original post said nothing about a "gap with conservative women" you have just proven that your allegation is utterly baseless.

Therefore the onus is on you to call yourself a liar! :badgrin:

That is, we Democrats hope the Republicans really are dumb enough to focus on the increasing popular ACA.

None of the Republicans want to look at the polls, which currently show it more likely for the Democrats to keep the senate. Of the 4 tossup races (AK, AR, LA, NC), the Republicans would need to win 3 out of 4. Odds are against that. And time is on the side of the Democrats, as the ACA keeps getting more popular.

Nobody cares about Obamacare anymore.....it is Benghazi we need to be concerned with.....BENGHAZI

You wish nobody cared about Obamacare. It is already a campaign issue. And dems running for office are running from Obamacare.
Oh, they are now pressing for Keystone XL to be approved. Dems do not want that hung around their necks either. Too late. Keystone XL is also a campaign issue.
The GOP has three solid campaign issues to defeat democrats.
You guys have "vote for me because that guy sucks"....

What makes you believe ACA is growing in "popularity"..

The polls. Like this one from March 31.

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1144a36TheACAattheDeadline.pdf

---
Americans split on Obamacare, 49 percent in support, 48 percent opposed. But that compares with a 40-57 percent negative rating after the initial failure of the federal enrollment website last November
---

Those opposed numbers also include people who think the law didn't go far enough. Support for repeal is much lower than that 48 percent. This poll from yesterday shows support for repeal losing 38-61.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/05/11/cnn.poll.obamacare.pdf

Last edited:

They tried to overturn it even when it wasn't that popular. More than 50 times.

They never learn, kind of like our friend Listening.

I'll bet. Republicans aren't promising them free birth control, abortions, welfare and basically to take care of them from cradle to grave.

Fortunately, some of them still have dignity in their lives. That is why half the GOP is female.

But then this thread was about the democrats losing the senate.

Lets stay on that topic.....

Even Chris Matthews has awakened his Obama ass-kissing self to the fact.

Chris Matthews Predicts Democrats Will Lose the Senate in 2014 | Mediaite

The GOP won't win the senate without the support of female voters. There are plenty of female conservatives who are not exactly thrilled by the anti-women stance of the GOP. Motivating them to go to the polls by taking away their healthcare and their rights and denying them equal pay is going to be a hard sell. They are far more likely to just stay at home instead of voting against their own best interests.

The NC primary might be an outlier but given the numbers the GOP has an "enthusiasm gap" to deal with when it comes to women voters in their own ranks.

This so called GOP war on women is a democrat created narrative. It's bullshit.
As women advance in career oriented pursuits, they look at liberalism as working against their best interests.
Younger women who have gotten their degrees which some are not marketable, will vote democrat( if at all) because they look to government to give them what they believe they deserve.
But as far as the democrat party doing a victory dance believing they have locked down the female vote, their advisers are bullshitting them.

Gotta love the whitewashing job here!

The combined total of the top 3 Dems is 480k as opposed to the combined total for the top 3 GOP is 439k. The total of all GOP votes was only 463k.

So if there is an "enthusiasm gap" it is not on the Dem side of the fence.

Listening said:

Since my original post said nothing about a "gap with conservative women" you have just proven that your allegation is utterly baseless.

The context of my question about you having data to back it up was with regards to post 137. That is what I pulled forward. You responded to my post with your comment about reading for yourself. I then asked for the numbers. You link to a post that has nothing to do with my original question regarding YOUR comments about women in the GOP.

Please try to pay attention.

Post 137...
Post 140
Post 142
Post 145
Post 154

Do everyone have to do your thinking for you ?

Last edited:

I learned a long time ago that the only serious contribution you'll ever make is when they compost your body to put on some garden.

Check the thread. I posted the numbers showing that the Dems had a greater turnout than the GOP in the NC primary therefore the "enthusiasm gap" is on the right, not the left. You can check them yourself if you don't believe me.

Hey braindead,

Your original post made claims about a gap with conservative women. Your post that showed the number said nothing about women.

Did you forget to add something or were you just pontificating ?

He's full of shit.
I live in North Carolina. There were virtually exactly the same number of voters in both primaries, but there are more registered Democrats, so that means participation was lower among Democrats.

Also, we have almost a quarter of us who are independent here, and Kay Hagan is going to get like three of us. The strongest challenger won the Republican primary also, Kay Hagen is in deep, deep trouble.

That is very apparent.

The only people who believe Kay Hagen will win are her parents....if they are alive and then only maybe.

People I know in NC say the campaign is already greasing the skids for a loss by planting excuses.

I learned a long time ago that the only serious contribution you'll ever make is when they compost your body to put on some garden.

And I've learned that the only thing you ever comprehend is a swift kick to the back of the head.

Listening said:

The context of my question about you having data to back it up was with regards to post 137. That is what I pulled forward. You responded to my post with your comment about reading for yourself. I then asked for the numbers. You link to a post that has nothing to do with my original question regarding YOUR comments about women in the GOP.

Post 137...
Post 140
Post 142
Post 145
Post 154

Which part of the term "original post" that YOU misused are you having a problem understanding?

Now if you want to move the goalposts just admit that you were wrong and then we can address your latest misunderstanding!

Post 137...
Post 140
Post 142
Post 145
Post 154

Which part of the term "original post" that YOU misused are you having a problem understanding?

Now if you want to move the goalposts just admit that you were wrong and then we can address your latest misunderstanding!

I am sorry that you can't keep things in context. You obviously are to lazy to retrace your steps.

Why don't you shove those goalposts up your ass. I am sure you'll enjoy it.

And I've learned that the only thing you ever comprehend is a swift kick to the back of the head.

And how pray tell did you learn this ?

I am most curious. You saying you did it ?

Fortunately, some of them still have dignity in their lives. That is why half the GOP is female.

But then this thread was about the democrats losing the senate.

Lets stay on that topic.....

Even Chris Matthews has awakened his Obama ass-kissing self to the fact.

Chris Matthews Predicts Democrats Will Lose the Senate in 2014 | Mediaite

The GOP won't win the senate without the support of female voters. There are plenty of female conservatives who are not exactly thrilled by the anti-women stance of the GOP. Motivating them to go to the polls by taking away their healthcare and their rights and denying them equal pay is going to be a hard sell. They are far more likely to just stay at home instead of voting against their own best interests.

The NC primary might be an outlier but given the numbers the GOP has an "enthusiasm gap" to deal with when it comes to women voters in their own ranks.

This so called GOP war on women is a democrat created narrative. It's bullshit.
As women advance in career oriented pursuits, they look at liberalism as working against their best interests.
Younger women who have gotten their degrees which some are not marketable, will vote democrat( if at all) because they look to government to give them what they believe they deserve.
But as far as the democrat party doing a victory dance believing they have locked down the female vote, their advisers are bullshitting them.

Call it what you will

Republicans got 45% of the women's vote in he last election. What have they done to win it back?

As opposed to the party of "I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground" (democrats).

Yes, a single woman gets pregnant and dumped by her boyfriend....and she chooses to have the child....then the boyfriend should be paying the bills until he is 18.

But the democrats don't want that since the dad is likely black and democratic and they can't afford to lose his vote.

Dude! :disbelief:

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that's a reflection of 2014 American reality?!?

:lmao:

You bet...

The democratic party is the party of "don't know my ass from a hole in the ground."

O.k., but that's not what you originally said...

There is still a lot to go on between now and November

The big money will not show up until Labor Day

Forum List

Back