Dems can kiss the Senate good bye.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Midterm elections are sometimes regarded as a referendum on the sitting president's and/or incumbent party's performance.[2][3] The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate; moreover, in only two of those has the President's party gained seats in both houses. per wiki.

I have no reason to doubt those statistics, and it will come has no surprise to see a gain on the Republican side. Historically speaking, the incumbents party doesn't often turn out well for mid-term elections which will in this case give the Republicans a much needed advantage they don't have in Presidential years. I cannot see the Democrats retaking the House in anyway at all, and a very close if not not even Senate, if Republicans win the Senate and the House then the next two years are going to be pretty much filled with (veto's) leading to nothing getting done.

Republicans controlled HOR has already made Congress a laughingstock and inept. I don't see how that would be any different.

And the Prez hasn't made himself and his pals look very good now has he. "If you want to keep your doctor ..."; Benghazi; poor economy after 5 years in office; BP oil spill under his watch and his reluctance to accept outside help; etc. The list goes on and on and on and on.

Harry Reid will get the bathroom plunger he deserves.

Analysis: Dems' Meddling Falls Flat in North Carolina GOP Primary - Guy Benson

The Map keeps getting bigger and bigger.

It's gonna be fun in November.

Even Biden has it figured out:

Biden to Dems: 'We Could Lose' to Ted Cruz

Gotta love the whitewashing job here!

(2) For what it's worth, with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting, approximately 486,000 North Carolinians voted in the Republican Senate primary, whereas 475,000 cast ballots in the Democratic primary. Hagan pulled in 368,000 votes in her primary win, compared to the combined total of the top three Republican finishers: ~439,000. While it's true that only the GOP race was really contested or competitive, this vote disparity could point to the enthusiasm gap that may manifest itself in a fairly conservative-leaning electorate this fall. Especially if independents break for Republicans by a significant margin.

The combined total of the top 3 Dems is 480k as opposed to the combined total for the top 3 GOP is 439k. The total of all GOP votes was only 463k.

So if there is an "enthusiasm gap" it is not on the Dem side of the fence.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

there is a HUGE enthusiam gap on the Left

this fall will be like 2010

As usual, Republicans are getting too cocky in assuming they will win the Senate

RealClearPolitics - 2014 Election Maps - Senate No Toss Ups

50-50 right now. Plenty of time for the Republicans to form their circular firing squad

The key to the Senate seems to be Mitch McConnell holding his seat in Kentucky. He holds a 1% lead right now

Last edited:
Yes, wherever TP candidates are routed in the primaries, such improves the GOP chances in the fall.

With both House and Senate in GOP hands, the leadership can finally turn its back on the movement and tell the few remaining folks in congress to shape up or getting to ship out in 2016.

Midterm elections are sometimes regarded as a referendum on the sitting president's and/or incumbent party's performance.[2][3] The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate; moreover, in only two of those has the President's party gained seats in both houses. per wiki.

I have no reason to doubt those statistics, and it will come has no surprise to see a gain on the Republican side. Historically speaking, the incumbents party doesn't often turn out well for mid-term elections which will in this case give the Republicans a much needed advantage they don't have in Presidential years. I cannot see the Democrats retaking the House in anyway at all, and a very close if not not even Senate, if Republicans win the Senate and the House then the next two years are going to be pretty much filled with (veto's) leading to nothing getting done.

I agree with your analysis. If there is a 50-50 Senate split then the Dems retain control because Biden has the deciding vote. So the Republican must win at least 6 seats in order to take it over. Right now everything is going their way so it looks entirely feasible. However there is still a long way to go and the primary turnout for the Senate race in NC shows that it could be a competitive race rather than a gimme for the GOP to take for granted.

Yes, wherever TP candidates are routed in the primaries, such improves the GOP chances in the fall.

With both House and Senate in GOP hands, the leadership can finally turn its back on the movement and tell the few remaining folks in congress to shape up or getting to ship out in 2016.

Yes, the odds of retaking the Senate improve with GOP establishment candidates.

i dont understand; i hear left-wing nutjobs on these boards every day insisting there isnt a difference between the Tea Party and the Republican party in general. the Left says the Tea took over the Repub Party

can these LWNJs make up their minds?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I agree with your analysis. If there is a 50-50 Senate split then the Dems retain control because Biden has the deciding vote. So the Republican must win at least 6 seats in order to take it over. Right now everything is going their way so it looks entirely feasible. However there is still a long way to go and the primary turnout for the Senate race in NC shows that it could be a competitive race rather than a gimme for the GOP to take for granted.

While to be honest, I have not made up my mind on all these recent hearings in the House, i.e. Benghazi,etc. only because the scandal that is claimed is somewhat hard for me to find. I tend to believe that from a get out the vote standpoint should the Republican(s) appear overly political in this, it might lead Democrats to be mad enough to up their turn out that they otherwise would not have done. If that is the case then a lot of these Senate and House races might be closer than what some think. Having said this though, should all the Republican hearings not gain traction then Democrats will lose interest and not turn out and Republicans will gain as they should do traditionally.

Dems can kiss the Senate good bye.

Yeah, that's what the cons said about the White House in 2008 and 2012. BWAH HA HA HA HA!

good one doofus!1

i didnt realize Dems won the White House; the way you losers blame the President's failures on the Republican Party and all...........

who is this mysterious Democrat President that won 2 elections and when does his watch actually start?

Winning what doesn't and can't get anything done makes the right-wingers all giddy with excitement? Why am I not shocked.

Republicans have shown that winning anything less that 60 seats in the Senate is meaningless. Other than bragging rights, what do they gain?

Getting any of their agenda passed will still involve compromise and we know Republicans will not do that

Forum List

Back