Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party

Thus, over time, high-turnout seniors, currently the most conservative part of the electorate by age, will be liberalized as Baby Boomers age. Moreover, the most liberal part of the generation — those born up through 1955 and termed “early Boomers” — is frontloaded, so the political impact on the senior population could be fairly rapid.
So, the changing location, education levels, and age of the electorate suggest why the Republicans’ long-term disadvantages aren’t so bad as most people think. They’re worse.

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

"We lost because of demographic mathematics," said Morris, who famously predicted days before the November 2012 election that Mitt Romney would win in a landslide. Morris appeared before a room of at least 50 people at CPAC, one of the biggest annual conservative political gatherings, hosted by American Conservative Union.

To fix this problem, Morris urged Republicans to pass immigration reform immediately. Once the immigration issue is out of the way, he argued, Latinos would embrace the conservative values, switch sides and ultimately become "the salvation of the Republican Party."

But immigration reform, even with a path to citizenship that Morris supports, is not the tough sell to conservatives that it once was.

The harder sell came in his next prescription: Give up on Roe v. Wade.

Dick Morris Delivers Bad News To Republicans: Give Up On Roe V. Wade

If the republican party has any chance of winning they have to ditch the bible thumping kooks and teahadists

IOW's- the GObP's fate is sealed.

Or, you can start early practicing how to say President George Bush. As in George P. Bush.

With a shift toward Hispanics you can kiss science and education a permanent goodbye. Do you see much of either in any Spanish speaking country?

As a hispanic who considers himself a proud American... FUCK YOU

Great response. So.... which Spanish speaking country has educational or scientific achievements?

Well first off I want to applaud you for being open about your racism. Most try to hide it and it ends up embarrassing them. But you own it. Good for you.

How about the first wireless system, the pen, the photograph, the submarine, color TV...

But guess what Katz. I don't believe hispanics are superior to anyone else. Or inferior. People are just people. We all have that in common.

Thus, over time, high-turnout seniors, currently the most conservative part of the electorate by age, will be liberalized as Baby Boomers age. Moreover, the most liberal part of the generation — those born up through 1955 and termed “early Boomers” — is frontloaded, so the political impact on the senior population could be fairly rapid.
So, the changing location, education levels, and age of the electorate suggest why the Republicans’ long-term disadvantages aren’t so bad as most people think. They’re worse.

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

"We lost because of demographic mathematics," said Morris, who famously predicted days before the November 2012 election that Mitt Romney would win in a landslide. Morris appeared before a room of at least 50 people at CPAC, one of the biggest annual conservative political gatherings, hosted by American Conservative Union.

To fix this problem, Morris urged Republicans to pass immigration reform immediately. Once the immigration issue is out of the way, he argued, Latinos would embrace the conservative values, switch sides and ultimately become "the salvation of the Republican Party."

But immigration reform, even with a path to citizenship that Morris supports, is not the tough sell to conservatives that it once was.

The harder sell came in his next prescription: Give up on Roe v. Wade.

Dick Morris Delivers Bad News To Republicans: Give Up On Roe V. Wade

If the republican party has any chance of winning they have to ditch the bible thumping kooks and teahadists
Yes just what we need--another ill informed liberal telling us how to win elections.
Here's an idea: stick it up your ass.

Ill informed? The demographic shift is taking place and the racist hatred shown by the republican party is assuring their death in the long run unless they change. its time for them to ditch the neo confederates , teahadists and bible thumpers

America's Demographic Shift And 7 Ways Leaders Can Leverage It - Forbes

Last edited:

Great response. So.... which Spanish speaking country has educational or scientific achievements?

Well first off I want to applaud you for being open about your racism. Most try to hide it and it ends up embarrassing them. But you own it. Good for you.

How about the first wireless system, the pen, the photograph, the submarine, color TV...

But guess what Katz. I don't believe hispanics are superior to anyone else. Or inferior. People are just people. We all have that in common.

I should tell you. I never met a hispanic I didn't like. Even the most vicious cartel killers were likeable.

They are like cats. Who can't be charmed by a kitten? Cats are loving noble animals. However, if you live near a feral cat colony you have some serious problems. So it is with hispanics.

I should tell you. I never met a hispanic I didn't like. Even the most vicious cartel killers were likeable.

They are like cats. Who can't be charmed by a kitten? Cats are loving noble animals. However, if you live near a feral cat colony you have some serious problems. So it is with hispanics.

Wow!

Well, what can one say to that?

It's true, though. I was in Tijuana one night, and was accosted by some guys who claimed to be a Federallies. I said, If you are a federallies, where are your badges"? They said, "Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Wow!

Well, what can one say to that?

It's true, though. I was in Tijuana one night, and was accosted by some guys who claimed to be a Federallies. I said, If you are a federallies, where are your badges"? They said, "Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

What is the demographic break down of Az and when do you think they will start voting democrat?

"People are just people", that's an astute observation. That's taking shitlibbery to a new level. Congratulations.

Demographic shifts have nothing to do with the troubles in the republican party.

If you're having trouble with 100% of existing demographics, then however they happen to 'shift' is pretty irrelevant.

What?
HouseMapFinal.jpg

Land doesn't vote...people do. Where's the population centers?

I have lost track of how many times over the years people have predicted the end of one party or the other yet it never happens it was supposed to happen after two Reagan elections then the election of Bush the elder it didn't the Clinton elections were going to be the end of the republicans it wasn't.

The Republicans won't end if they shift their platform. If they remain rigid, they will end.

That map is really interesting. I would have never guessed that any district in SC would vote democratic.

SC is about 1/3rd black. The big cities do.:eek:

Well, I have been away for a while. The last time I lived in the South, African-American people lowered their eyes when you passed them on the sidewalk, and didn't even think about voting. That was about 1970.

The Republican Party as it is currently is in really big trouble. My concern is that we may end up moving too far to the left. I know cons think we have already become a communist society, but of course they are nuts. The thing is that as much as I have come about to disagree with cons on most issues, they aren't wrong on everything. Maybe once the losses begin to build, the party will find a way to normalize somewhat and move away from being so radical.

Thus, over time, high-turnout seniors, currently the most conservative part of the electorate by age, will be liberalized as Baby Boomers age.

ROFLMAO! Exactly what century are you living in? must be the same one Joe Biden resides in since the baby boomers are already "SENIORS" or soon to be "SENIORS".... the vast bulk of the boomers were born between the end of 1945 (the peak birth rate) and 1958 (the fall off in boomer birth rates), do the math.

Historically people don't get more "liberal" as they age they get more "conservative", which probably explains why the Democrats are so desperate to import new citizens from 3rd world countries (the gub'mint run nanny state plantation apparently needs to import new blood to sucker into dependency).

"'Folks, where's it written we cannot lead the world in the 20th century in making automobiles" -- Joe Biden, August 2012

I believe the point was that as the baby boomers die off, they will be replaced with more liberal thinkers from younger generations. Also, if Republicans cannot capture a bigger percentage of the Hispanic vote, they will lose another chunk of the electorate as Hispanics continue to increase as a percentage of the total population. Texas is eventually going to turn blue. It may or may not happen in the next six years, but it's going to happen eventually. When it does, Republicans most likely will not see the White House again, without making some drastic changes to their platform.

Forum List

Back