Democrats will go it alone on healthcare

I've read most of the bill, Frank, that still doesn't get to where "your health" is going to be controlled by the evil government. No answers yet about that. I guess I'll have to imagine Cancer Man and Deep Throat and bees and alien fetuses until one of you guys tells me how we are being potentially controlled through a public option.......I mean hybridized with virii and black oil and altered DNA.:eusa_shhh:

You are aware that Congress with Obama's blessing wants to FINE anyone that does not get health insurance? Every month they do not have insurance Congress wants to fine them most of the cost to have insurance. Sounds a lot like control to me.

Further Congress has stated that they intend to control procedures tests and medication. That means rationing, denying procedures , tests and medication. Now who do you think is going to be making those decisions?

Further Congress has stated that one means to save money is to convince the elderly and the terminally ill to just die and forgo costly treatment. Sounds like control to me.

IMO, it was altered by addition. This is a format I have never seen and it's only customary on this board. It makes it look like I posted it, red or not.

I'll be perfectly honest with ya. I thought you HAD written that (in red), and it wasn't making sense. Not until I saw your complaint did I realize what they'd done.

Accepted practice here. You think that is bad? We have people that liked to quote you, erase everything you said and put in what they thought you said.

Of course Gunny needs to be more clear on this. He says one thing and then says another. Depending on who he is responding to.

If the rule really is NO ALTERATIONS then quotes need to be EVERYTHING said, no breaking it up, no only quoting a portion, just quote the entire post and respond after. And I have already been told that is not the case.

Unless I've missed something, everything Gunny said made sense. Truncating a quote is ok as long as it doesn't change the meaning of what was said.

I don't think changing up quotes is necessarily 'bad', I just note it isn't allowed here any longer.

I've read most of the bill, Frank, that still doesn't get to where "your health" is going to be controlled by the evil government. No answers yet about that. I guess I'll have to imagine Cancer Man and Deep Throat and bees and alien fetuses until one of you guys tells me how we are being potentially controlled through a public option.......I mean hybridized with virii and black oil and altered DNA.:eusa_shhh:

You are aware that Congress with Obama's blessing wants to FINE anyone that does not get health insurance? Every month they do not have insurance Congress wants to fine them most of the cost to have insurance. Sounds a lot like control to me.

Further Congress has stated that they intend to control procedures tests and medication. That means rationing, denying procedures , tests and medication. Now who do you think is going to be making those decisions?

Further Congress has stated that one means to save money is to convince the elderly and the terminally ill to just die and forgo costly treatment. Sounds like control to me.

Congress has stated no such thing. You're a good little stormtrooper aren't ya? That uniform is sure to skeer granny right out of her Dr. Scholl's.:cuckoo:

Don't forget to ring the doorbell and say: "Avon calling!!!".

Congress has stated no such thing. You're a good little stormtrooper aren't ya? That uniform is sure to skeer granny right out of her Dr. Scholl's.:cuckoo:

Don't forget to ring the doorbell and say: "Avon calling!!!".

MORON, Obama made a public address AGREEING with the Congresses wish to FINE anyone that does not get health insurance. Talk about dumb, stupid and ignorant.

Ohh and Congress also provided a study that specifically pointed out that large savings would occur if they could get the terminally ill and elderly to forgo treatment and simply be shuttled off to a hospice to die quietly alone and forgotten.

sure, sure........isn't there something that needs to be polished or shined?

cheerio.

From 2007 during the primaries.

The issue of mandates for health care has driven the debate between Clinton and Obama for the past few weeks. Obama says he would enforce his mandate for health care for all children by fining parents if they refused to allow health care coverage for their children.

Obama Scoffs at Clinton War Claim - Political Radar

"I am happy to be very clear how we enforce mandates for children, and the reason is because children don't have an option."

KMAN's post is laughable. The Dems are in a position to blame the Pubs for the pets that die this year and next, and the voters will believe them. If the economy is turning around by election time, the Dems will glow and crow, "We did it, we saved the American people, no matter what those bad, bad Pubs did." If the economy is not turning around, the Dems will moan and groan, "Look what those evil Pubs did to you folks. They hate you, they won't share their ill gotten gains with you."

Mate, the election is going to result in more moderate and conservative Dems in both the House and the Senate. That will give strength to the moderate GOP members to work with them and ignore the far right fools back home.

From 2007 during the primaries.

The issue of mandates for health care has driven the debate between Clinton and Obama for the past few weeks. Obama says he would enforce his mandate for health care for all children by fining parents if they refused to allow health care coverage for their children.

Obama Scoffs at Clinton War Claim - Political Radar

"I am happy to be very clear how we enforce mandates for children, and the reason is because children don't have an option."

Yeah, no way Obama's is looking to control the American people through "health care reform"

gee, I wonder why people are showing up armed to Town Hall meetings?

I guess the trial balloon of going alone was made of lead.

White House now saying 'absolutely' any health care bill needs bi-partisan support. :lol: Both CNN and FOX saying the same.

I don't think it was Bush's fault per se, although his "lower taxes until the rich people aren't paying any" didn't produce the trickle down like he promised did it? Instead, paper got pushed around and no new jobs emerged. That's a failed experiment. Then he did it again. That's just not logical. Then he spent us into a hole.
only one problem with that
the rich are paying more of the taxes than they have ever paid before
what is it, the top 5% of taxpayers pay like 90% of the taxes?
i forget what it is if thats not correct, but its damn close
No, at one time the very top income people paid 91% of their income. Cons have constantly cut their tax rate.

The Yale Law Journal - Why Tax the Rich? Efficiency, Equity, and Progressive Taxation
Rand wrote in a world in which the top marginal federal income tax rate in the United States was 91% (beginning at taxable income of $400,000). This is an unimaginably high rate by today's standards, when the dominant view in Washington is that a marginal rate of 39.6% (the top rate from 1993 to 2001) is too high. The key turning point in the process of abandoning high marginal tax rates occurred in the presidency of Ronald Reagan. When Reagan became President in 1981, the top marginal federal income tax rate was 70%; when he left office in 1989, the top rate was 28%.
another moron cant fucking read

That's what minimum coverage is acceptable.......don't be coy.

And Obama's stimulus is starting to show results. He's not a freaking magician. I don't know why you call it Obama's stimulus. It didn't drive unemployment up. The money grubbers aren't lending like they should be. You're mad at the wrong people.

Would you like the terminology I can quote the bill. It's not minimum coverage, it sets up a czar to control what is acceptable for a health benefits plan to be a qualified benefits plan.

Yes close to 10% unemployment is success, when he promised it wouldn't go above 8% if the stimulus was passed. Again why spend nearly a trillion dollars if doesn't succeed in its purpose?

Yes it's minimum acceptable coverage. I have read it and can actually understand it. Apparently you cannot. [big surprise there, NOT]. By definition it would have to have a minimum if there is a qualification formula......DUH!!! Critical thinking is not in your bag of tricks. Xmas is only 4 months or so away, ask Santa for some.

I don't remember any promises. I remember projected targets. Economics is not a hard science you know, it's about half voodoo and one quarter psychology. Have you ever studied it?

So the Bill doesn't establish a Czar to oversee coverage? Of course it does, along with a committee to decide what is and isn't covered. Evidently you can't read....

Considering I oversee 100's of millions of dollars in assets, I would say, yes I have studied economics and I actually employ its principles everyday.

I'm wondering if you've ever heard of 'unintended consequences?' Not noticed until the damage is done, no matter how easily recognized in retrospect.

Are you suggesting we just do nothing?

That sounds eerily familiar to what Obama stated about the stimulus bill, now we have near 10% unemployment.

I'm wondering if you've ever heard of 'unintended consequences?' Not noticed until the damage is done, no matter how easily recognized in retrospect.

That sounds eerily familiar to what Obama stated about the stimulus bill, now we have near 10% unemployment.

What percentage of the stimulus money has been utilized and for what purposes?

This is great news.

Hooray for the Dems in the House! They are the only ones willing to stand up to the filthy insurance companies. Who could have suspected that our best leadership would come from the House?

Just past a bill that helps Americans, and screw the Republicans and the Blue Dog Democrats. They are just lying sacks of shit anyway.

Of course the whole mantra of 45 million uninsured Americans is totally true...

Yeah for the Blue Dogs....:clap2:

Without them this government take over is done.

Thank God for the stimulus bill!

When an economy collapses, the government has to be the demand of last resort.

Forum List

Back