democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

Why is New York getting involved in private enterprise?

Much as I use the local Hobby Lobby, if the leftist vermin decided to FORCE them to open on Sunday, there would be some serious shit going on.

They wouldn't need to have staff, because no one would shop. I'd be in the line there seeing to it.

I remember when leftists were calling for a boycott of this business.
I guess they just want to boycott them on Sundays too.....wtf?
On a side note, I support giving New York back to the Dutch, forcibly if necessary.

Why is New York getting involved in private enterprise?

This one I can't get too excited about other than a possible breach of contract by NY state for their state sponsored concessions at rest stops and such. When the contract is up for renewal, the state could require Chic-fil-a to operate on Sundays or the contract would not be renewed. But if the state knew Chic-fil-a closed Sundays when they issued the contract, they should honor that until the contract is up for renewal.

The state people should have known about Chic-Fil-A their weird ideas before they offered them a spot in the rest area.

The state owns the turnpike. They set the rule that restaurants at their rest sips be open 7 days a week to serve motorists

This applies to all restauras at the state rest stops, not just Chick fil A.

If they don’t like the rule, they’re free to not operate chains at rest stops

No one’s being forced to do anything

The state grants concessions to the chain for the convenience of drivers on its highways. It is a contractual matter for as long as the term of the contract.

I believe the State of NY is now gearing up (for purposes of future contracts) to make sure that any such franchise concessions give motorists the ability to make food stops even on Sundays.

Too late for the present contract term.

The state owns the turnpike. They set the rule that restaurants at their rest sips be open 7 days a week to serve motorists

This applies to all restauras at the state rest stops, not just Chick fil A.

If they don’t like the rule, they’re free to not operate chains at rest stops

No one’s being forced to do anything
They signed a contract that doesn't include being open on Sunday.

Forum List

Back