Democrats wanted Comey out of the FBI! Have they forgotten?

Dems voted against Comey before they voted for him

Unfortunately we do not get to vote for the head of the FBI. What he did was not a firing offense, but to invite him to lunch and ask him if he was being investigated, that seems very out of line.

Nothing out of line in asking, it's the answering that could be out of line, evidently Comey did answer, and he told senators Trump wasn't a target.

Is the Director of the FBI supposed to discuss investigations and to the possible perp??? That's like Lynch talking about golf and Grand children with Billy on the tarmac...We didn't believe that was right either.

If Trump were a target you'd be right, however Comey told him he wasn't a target, he didn't discuss, from the current accounts, who might be. That would definitely be out of line. Like I said in my post. Nothing out of line in asking, it's answering the could be out of line.

That was before they knew he was investigating the Trump people and Trump congratulated him on his outburst 11 days before the election and also told Russia to release more emails throughout the year.

Different story now. I for one did not think he should lose his job over it.

No, the Democrats wanted Comey fired before Trump fired him. Now they have to oppose it because Trump went and did it.

Yet they want to compare this to Nixon, this is why their argument is pathetic

That was before they knew he was investigating the Trump people and Trump congratulated him on his outburst 11 days before the election and also told Russia to release more emails throughout the year.

No, the Democrats wanted Comey fired before Trump fired him. Now they have to oppose it because Trump went and did it.

So simple minded in your analysis. How did you get to be so arrogant?

It's curious isn't it?
Democrats wanted Comey out because he inserted himself into the US election which was unprecedented.
Trump wanted him out because he wants to stop the Trump/Russia investigation, the single worst reason for Trump.

DJ Trump's timing was bad however.

He fired Comey in the middle of an investigation of Trump's own campaign involvement with the Russians.

This constitutes obstruction of justice.

This is an impeachable offense.

no

Comey has needed to go for a long time

they have nothing on Trump & whatever investigations that are going on will continue

Trump won't be impeached unless Dems win the House & even then it would be stupid

It's curious isn't it?
Democrats wanted Comey out because he inserted himself into the US election which was unprecedented.
Trump wanted him out because he wants to stop the Trump/Russia investigation, the single worst reason for Trump.

10 months now in the investigation, what do you think the FBI would stop?

Oh yeah you remember bill and Loretta meeting on the airplane...

.. good thing she stopped the investigation on Hillary, right comrade..

I just understand better than you the way the world works.

Harry Reid and

Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act, a federal law, by publicly disclosing new information about the Clinton investigation 11 days ahead of the presidential election.

Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen reiterated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column published in The Hill.

Nov. 2, 2016: Days later, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation.

That same day, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.

"Maybe he's not in the right job," Pelosi said. "

Jan. 13, 2017: Two months after Clinton lost to Trump, Democrats blasted Comey after a briefing on the agency’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the election.

One of them was Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Jan. 24, 2017: The fading confidence in Comey continued toward the end of January when Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.

On Oct. 31, 2016, ThinkProgress justice editor Ian Millhiser wrote a post making “the case for firing James Comey”

Before Trump fired Comey, these Democrats wanted him out

Now that President Trump acquiesced to their demands, they want him impeached! All in the days work.

The point isn't that Trump got rid of the guy. The point is WHY he got rid of the guy.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act, a federal law, by publicly disclosing new information about the Clinton investigation 11 days ahead of the presidential election.

Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen reiterated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column published in The Hill.

Nov. 2, 2016: Days later, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation.

That same day, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.

Jan. 13, 2017: Two months after Clinton lost to Trump, Democrats blasted Comey after a briefing on the agency’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the election.

One of them was Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Jan. 24, 2017: The fading confidence in Comey continued toward the end of January when Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.

On Oct. 31, 2016, ThinkProgress justice editor Ian Millhiser wrote a post making “the case for firing James Comey”

Now that President Trump acquiesced to their demands, they want him impeached! All in the days work.

Of course they did. It's not the action it's the timing. The PROBLEM--is when the President fires the Lead investigator when he is the SUBJECT of the investigation.

58d258c720a42.image.jpg

The last President to fire people that knew too much was Richard Nixon.

No only a far left drone would say such things:

There is no evidence that the president is a target or a subject. But there is an active, ongoing investigation of his campaign, as Comey confirmed at a March 20 hearing of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He declined to say, however, “whose conduct we are examining,” citing the ongoing investigation.

Trump's 'Nothing to See Here' Spin - FactCheck.org
Tell that to trump who clearly thinks he is the subject of that investigation as the interview proves.“You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.” In the end it doesn't matter if it's he, or his campaign which is under investigation. It is perfectly possible to obstruct justice even when you aren't directly involved, something Trump clearly feels he is.

See how the far left drones deflect as it is they who made this story up because they can not accept their loss!

Even with this drones comments they prove my post correct!

You can not make this stufff up!
How have I proven your point correct? My point was that Trump admitted to obstruction of justice. Something you tried to disprove by saying that Comy never pinpointed Trump as the target of his investigation. I then replied that firstly, what Trump said during the interview strongly implies that Trump thinks as himself as the target of the investigation. Secondly, even if he fired Comey to protect his campaign staff it would still be obstruction of justice.
Oh and btw every time you try to belittle me by calling me a drone, you are flaunting your ignorance and make yourself look weak. Name calling is a weapon of people who don't know how to argue the merit of their points.

When all you use is far left drone religious dogma not connected to reality, expect to be called on it!
Just because I agree with what the left says doesn't make me a drone. For instance I'm on the record on this board defending Comey's decision to release that they found extra E-mails and I've admitted being wrong on several occasions on here. This drone can claim both self criticism and not following the left's retoric on everything. Let me go out on a limb and say that you can not produce stuff like this. One of us is a drone don't think I'm it.
I'm gonna do something here you'll probably find weird. I just did a search about the amount of people that actually used a gun to prevent burglary. Now I just said that the government should try to help the most amount of people. I found that statistically it is more likely to stop a crime by owning a gun then it is to be used in a crime. So in light of this I find my objection to handguns in the house untennable. I still have strong objections to asault rifles because they are excessive but I'm someone who tries to be honest even when honest means I have to admit I'm wrong. I'll provide a link with the article.Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US

I agree that the FBI should be able to investigate. I want 1 thing though. If after that investigation the FBI again says, we don't recommend prosecution, will you then accept this and call foul if congress wants to do further hearings? After all if you believe in the FBI's impartiality then there would be no need for congress to doubt the results of that investigation.

Tell that to trump who clearly thinks he is the subject of that investigation as the interview proves.“You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.” In the end it doesn't matter if it's he, or his campaign which is under investigation. It is perfectly possible to obstruct justice even when you aren't directly involved, something Trump clearly feels he is.

See how the far left drones deflect as it is they who made this story up because they can not accept their loss!

How have I proven your point correct? My point was that Trump admitted to obstruction of justice. Something you tried to disprove by saying that Comy never pinpointed Trump as the target of his investigation. I then replied that firstly, what Trump said during the interview strongly implies that Trump thinks as himself as the target of the investigation. Secondly, even if he fired Comey to protect his campaign staff it would still be obstruction of justice.
Oh and btw every time you try to belittle me by calling me a drone, you are flaunting your ignorance and make yourself look weak. Name calling is a weapon of people who don't know how to argue the merit of their points.

When all you use is far left drone religious dogma not connected to reality, expect to be called on it!
Just because I agree with what the left says doesn't make me a drone. For instance I'm on the record on this board defending Comey's decision to release that they found extra E-mails and I've admitted being wrong on several occasions on here. This drone can claim both self criticism and not following the left's retoric on everything. Let me go out on a limb and say that you can not produce stuff like this. One of us is a drone don't think I'm it.
I'm gonna do something here you'll probably find weird. I just did a search about the amount of people that actually used a gun to prevent burglary. Now I just said that the government should try to help the most amount of people. I found that statistically it is more likely to stop a crime by owning a gun then it is to be used in a crime. So in light of this I find my objection to handguns in the house untennable. I still have strong objections to asault rifles because they are excessive but I'm someone who tries to be honest even when honest means I have to admit I'm wrong. I'll provide a link with the article.Private Guns Stop Crime 2.5M Times A Year In US

I agree that the FBI should be able to investigate. I want 1 thing though. If after that investigation the FBI again says, we don't recommend prosecution, will you then accept this and call foul if congress wants to do further hearings? After all if you believe in the FBI's impartiality then there would be no need for congress to doubt the results of that investigation.
Comey should have passed his reports up to the AG and let her read them out loud.

Not doing so was his first mistake.

Jumping at the chance to make the same mistake again just before election day shows a certain dark side to Comey.

Trump's timing on this firing is bad however.

Now it looks like obstruction of justice, same as Nixon.

Of course they did. It's not the action it's the timing. The PROBLEM--is when the President fires the Lead investigator when he is the SUBJECT of the investigation.

58d258c720a42.image.jpg

The last President to fire people that knew too much was Richard Nixon.
That's such a great drawing of Trump's fat face that I have to laugh !!

Dems voted against Comey before they voted for him

Unfortunately we do not get to vote for the head of the FBI. What he did was not a firing offense, but to invite him to lunch and ask him if he was being investigated, that seems very out of line.

More far left religious dogma, Trump fires the one that Hilary blames for loosing the election and you drones still complain.

However the Senate gets to vote on FBI director!

Top Democrats say they won't vote on a new FBI director until a special prosecutor is appointed

Then again the far left drones will block any vote!
I haven't read all the posts in this OP so forgive me if I'm repeating other people's words. Democrats being for or against Comey has nothing to do with the fact that Trump fired a federal agent who was investigating him, and subsequently went on camera and admitted that it was because he didn't like how the investigation was run. This is a clear cut case of obstruction of justice. Which no amount of excuses and deflection can make NOT a crime. He sites his reason at around the first minute.

You and Holt put words in peoples mouths they didn't say. Trump never said he didn't like they way the investigation was being run. He essentially said it was nothing but an excuse for the dems loss. He also said he wants them to get them done and done properly as quickly as possible. Holt said Come testified the campaign was being investigated for collusion, which is also not true. Comey carefully used the words possible coordination, not collusion to characterize the the campaigns possible involvement. But let's not little things like facts get in the way of a good chunk of propaganda, RIGHT?

Again, If I ask a cop to make some parking tickets disappear, do you think that any judge would accept the argument from that cop, that he wasn't making these parking ticket's disappear on behalf of himself but rather on the behalf of friends, if getting caught? Trump himself established the link between Comey's firing and the Russia investigation. An investigation where he is at the very least a concerned party. Impeding that investigation by firing the boss of the agency that is leading it, is interfering with it. It at the very least sends a message to that agency that continuing it, it may cost their jobs and very likely will stop it altogether once Trump appoints Comey's replacement. As to your argument that he never said he didn't like how the investigation being run. Comey was fired. You don't fire someone you think is doing a good job. Trump can claim he want's the investigation to be done properly all he wants. He called the investigation fake and fired the guy in charge of it. Actions speak louder then words.

Last edited:

Comey should have passed his reports up to the AG and let her read them out loud.

Jumping at the chance to make the same mistake again just before election day shows a certain dark side to Comey.

I always looked at it, as Comey being a bureaucrat who foremost protects his agency. He didn't want to give the Republicans the chance to call foul by releasing the information after the elections. So he released it before the elections never figuring that Trump would win. If Clinton would have won, she more then likely would have moved right past anything to do with the e mail investigation and Comey would have been able to claim he released all relevant information the moment he got it. And in that way prevent the FBI being accused of playing politics.

Yes I am sure it does to any far left drone, anyone not far left will see it as it is in reality!

Spouting far left religious narratives will make you a far left drone!

The timing is has nothing to do with it, the far left narratives would have been the same on Day 1 as they are now.

But then again Obama should have fired him, but as always the far left ignores that fact!

What would be the perfect timing?

After he messes with another election and wants to be a drama queen again?

I always looked at it, as Comey being a bureaucrat who foremost protects his agency. He didn't want to give the Republicans the chance to call foul by releasing the information after the elections. So he released it before the elections never figuring that Trump would win. If Clinton would have won, she more then likely would have moved right past anything to do with the e mail investigation and Comey would have been able to claim he released all relevant information the moment he got it. And in that way prevent the FBI being accused of playing politics.

More far left religious dogma..

Obama should have fired Comey, the far left wanted to kick the can down the road..

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

No, dumbass, they haven't forgotten.

When did we first learn that Comey was investigating Trump?
  • March 20, 2017 - two full months after Trump became president. Therefore, after hearing this new information, why would Hillary supporters who were previously calling for Comey's head want to see him fired in the middle of his Trump-Russia investigation?
  • TIMING is everything! I don't recall hearing any Democrats calling for Comey to be fired after first learning from Comey on March 20, 2017 that Trump was also under FBI investigation since July 2016. Also, I challenge anyone to find any quotes where I called for Comey's firing after March 20, 2017.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back