Democrats wanted Comey out of the FBI! Have they forgotten?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Harry Reid and

Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act, a federal law, by publicly disclosing new information about the Clinton investigation 11 days ahead of the presidential election.

Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen reiterated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column published in The Hill.

Nov. 2, 2016: Days later, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation.

That same day, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.

"Maybe he's not in the right job," Pelosi said. "

Jan. 13, 2017: Two months after Clinton lost to Trump, Democrats blasted Comey after a briefing on the agency’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the election.

One of them was Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Jan. 24, 2017: The fading confidence in Comey continued toward the end of January when Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.

On Oct. 31, 2016, ThinkProgress justice editor Ian Millhiser wrote a post making “the case for firing James Comey”

Before Trump fired Comey, these Democrats wanted him out

Now that President Trump acquiesced to their demands, they want him impeached! All in the days work.

Yes but that was then and this is now. You see, it isn't that Trump fired him, since we all agree Comey sucks. It is the suspicious "timing" as it relates to a theoretical ongoing investigation, even though the investigation would continue regardless. So we need a special prosecutor now to investigate....timing? This is the Democratic Party going full retard.

That was before they knew he was investigating the Trump people and Trump congratulated him on his outburst 11 days before the election and also told Russia to release more emails throughout the year.

Different story now. I for one did not think he should lose his job over it.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, accused the FBI director of breaking the Hatch Act, a federal law, by publicly disclosing new information about the Clinton investigation 11 days ahead of the presidential election.

Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, echoed concerns similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen reiterated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column published in The Hill.

Nov. 2, 2016: Days later, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-New York, told Bloomberg News that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation.

That same day, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, shared similar feelings with CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.

Jan. 13, 2017: Two months after Clinton lost to Trump, Democrats blasted Comey after a briefing on the agency’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the election.

One of them was Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken.”

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, put it more bluntly: “The FBI director has no credibility.”

Jan. 24, 2017: The fading confidence in Comey continued toward the end of January when Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said “I think that James Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.

On Oct. 31, 2016, ThinkProgress justice editor Ian Millhiser wrote a post making “the case for firing James Comey”

Now that President Trump acquiesced to their demands, they want him impeached! All in the days work.
True but who you going to replace him with? A Trump lacky like you think Lynch was only x ten

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

DJ Trump's timing was bad however.

He fired Comey in the middle of an investigation of Trump's own campaign involvement with the Russians.

This constitutes obstruction of justice.

This is an impeachable offense.

The most likely proximate cause for Trump's firing of Comey appears to be that Comey requested additional funding to continue the Russia-connection with the Trump campaign.

Someone needs to put Trump under oath and ask him what did he know about this and when did he know it?

The only way to put the POTUS under oath is to impeach him.

Ergo Trump needs to be impeached now.

And Trump brought this upon himself by inept attempts to manipulate his precarious situation with Russia.

Why would he give a fokk if he were innocent of any charges?

Ergo he is guilty. And he knows it.

I have trouble with the timing as well. The optics, I feel are bad, but it could be he has had it since the Clinton mess but didn't want to spend time on that when he had so many promises to keep with the people of this country. And you know he likes to micromanage this from his desk...

None of us know what's in his head so we would have to interrogate him under oath. I don't think he has done anything that would warrant impeachment proceedings. But he is shooting himslef in the foot too often. I am a supporter of Trump but also disappointed in his off the cuff remarks. Just get of the F&^*ing Twitter and Shut the hell up!

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

DJ Trump's timing was bad however.

He fired Comey in the middle of an investigation of Trump's own campaign involvement with the Russians.

This constitutes obstruction of justice.

This is an impeachable offense.
You would have to prove the investigation was going badly for him and he was aware of that. So Obstruction is not yet proveable.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

True but who you going to replace him with? A Trump lacky like you think Lynch was only x ten
I think the best candidate is Trey Gowdy. His interrogation skills are superlative and I think he's honest. I just hatte tto see his career go downhill when mixed up with the president and his pronlems he's brought on himself.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

David Clarke.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

I think the best candidate is Trey Gowdy. His interrogation skills are superlative and I think he's honest. I just hatte tto see his career go downhill when mixed up with the president and his pronlems he's brought on himself.
Trump hasn't brought problems on himself, obstructing pos democrats have.

The most likely proximate cause for Trump's firing of Comey appears to be that Comey requested additional funding to continue the Russia-connection with the Trump campaign.

Someone needs to put Trump under oath and ask him what did he know about this and when did he know it?

And Trump brought this upon himself by inept attempts to manipulate his precarious situation with Russia.

Your post is actually often right. But looking at the grand picture, if Trump could learn how to stop making small issues huge, I think he could be a good president because he intends to keep his promises.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Yes and no matter when Trump terminated the employment of Comey, the religious narrative they currently run would be exactly the same!

Your post is actually often right. But looking at the grand picture, if Trump could learn how to stop making small issues huge, I think he could be a good president because he intends to keep his promises.
I am beginning to seriously doubt that DJ Trump can avoid impeachment long enough to learn much.

My general rule on anything new is 1/5/10.

1 year to learn it.

5 years to get good at it.

10 years to become an expert and be able to teach it.

Trump will be lucky to make it past 2.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

He didn't have to say he asked Comey if he was the target in the Russian investigation. He didn't have to ask for loyalty and tell the world. If Trump's disatisfaction was the Clinton Comey decision which was really stupid, he should have fired him in January.

I am beginning to seriously doubt that DJ Trump can avoid impeachment long enough to learn much.

My general rule on anything new is 1/5/10.

1 year to learn it.

5 years to get good at it.

10 years to become an expert and be able to teach it.

Trump will be lucky to make it past 2.
And you musy WANT to learn it.

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Suuuure. Always blame the Democrats. Bush recession? Democrats fault. Trumps ethics problems are us? I think enough Trump links to date already prove there was collusion but you need a smoking gun and we don't have one yet.

Mike pence is no better so you might as well keep Trump. I'd rather run against Trump than pence.

I predict Trump doesn't run again. Pence 2020 and 2024

Harry Reid and

Sen. Chuck Schumer and

Nancy Pelosi and

Hank Johnson oh well

Maxine Waters

Suuuure. Always blame the Democrats. Bush recession? Democrats fault. Trumps ethics problems are us? I think enough Trump links to date already prove there was collusion but you need a smoking gun and we don't have one yet.

Mike pence is no better so you might as well keep Trump. I'd rather run against Trump than pence.

I predict Trump doesn't run again. Pence 2020 and 2024

Forum List

Back