Democrats want to restrict the rights of Veterans to own a gun

Over 140 Democrats in the House of Representatives are pushing for measures that could potentially restrict veterans’ Second Amendment rights. Their proposal targets veterans who receive disability benefits and raises concerns about the implications for those who may struggle with managing their finances due to mental or physical challenges.

Veterans who receive disability benefits have the autonomy to use those benefits as they see fit. However, if they face challenges in managing their finances, the VA may appoint a fiduciary to oversee their funds. This precautionary measure has sparked debate among veterans, many of whom view it as unnecessary oversight. What’s particularly alarming is the provision that prohibits veterans with assigned fiduciaries from owning guns.

Comment:
The Radical Left Democrat Bigots want to take away the right of veterans to be able to defend themselves.
Veterans need to be able to protect themselves from the Democrat Party's criminals and terrorists just like anyone else.
The greedy corrupt Democrats are even diverting funding for Veterans to non-citizens.
This is an old issue which seems to never get settled.

Special
This is an old issue which seems to never get settled.
I don't want to be overly critical but the symptoms of PTSD include bouts of anger and aggressive behavior, domestic abuse as well as substance abuse. Honorably discharged Veterans can usually deal with a minor temporary case of PTSD but a Veteran who admits to being so mentally impaired as a result of PTSD to the point of being awarded a disability pension should be prohibited from purchasing a firearm. It's just common sense and 2nd Amendment advocates should concede the issue.

Military Veterans enjoy the same protection under the 2nd Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights as any other citizen but they are also subject to the same restrictions as any other citizen. If a Veteran is so disturbed that he/she is awarded a pension for mental illness associated with PTSD and is undergoing therapy there is no way in the world that they should be able to purchase a firearm.
Every Firearm purchase ( 4473 ) should have a piss test ( Drug Screening ) For Illegal Drugs and SSRIs then ( What’s good for the Goose ( Ex Military ) is good for the Gander (Neckbeard Tattooed Drug user who sees a Shrink and a Psychologist )

Every Firearm purchase ( 4473 ) should have a piss test ( Drug Screening ) For Illegal Drugs and SSRIs then ( What’s good for the Goose ( Ex Military ) is good for the Gander (Neckbeard Tattooed Drug user who sees a Shrink and a Psychologist )
What the hell is "good for the goose"? Current ATF forms ask the purchaser if he/she is undergoing psychiatric counseling. Did you pass?

You’re going to need to give me an example on how you think someone deemed incompetent to handle their finances should also be found competent to own a firearm.

The personal experience I have with people who are found incompetent to handle their finances it’s is a result of a injury or chemical imbalance that often leads to extremely poor impulse control
Financial irresponsibility shouldn't be a litmus test for gun ownership.

I'm trying to get a Menard's order sorted out that is so screwed up that some mental problems must be present. Is this grounds for denial of gun rights?

Financial irresponsibility shouldn't be a litmus test for gun ownership.

I'm trying to get a Menard's order sorted out that is so screwed up that some mental problems must be present. Is this grounds for denial of gun rights?
This goes beyond just a fiscal responsibility issue. These are people who are under doctor’s care that have been determined to be incompetent. This is beyond screwing up an internet order. Are you seriously advocating that people found to be incompetent should be armed?

This goes beyond just a fiscal responsibility issue. These are people who are under doctor’s care that have been determined to be incompetent. This is beyond screwing up an internet order. Are you seriously advocating that people found to be incompetent should be armed?
Incompetent ? Like an uneducated Illegal from Uruguay who can’t read or write ?

I am a Vet and do more for US than you ever have. But I don't see the need to have the ARs and AKs to be openly carried on the streets by anyone that either wants to make a statement. Sometimes that statement is "Hey, look at me" and other times, it's much much worse. We won't stop murder but we can slow it down a little.
AR15 is simply a rifle dressed up to look military. You are wrong about what we have done to serve our country my tax dollars supported you while you served however all in all thank you for your service!

Over 140 Democrats in the House of Representatives are pushing for measures that could potentially restrict veterans’ Second Amendment rights. Their proposal targets veterans who receive disability benefits and raises concerns about the implications for those who may struggle with managing their finances due to mental or physical challenges.

Veterans who receive disability benefits have the autonomy to use those benefits as they see fit. However, if they face challenges in managing their finances, the VA may appoint a fiduciary to oversee their funds. This precautionary measure has sparked debate among veterans, many of whom view it as unnecessary oversight. What’s particularly alarming is the provision that prohibits veterans with assigned fiduciaries from owning guns.

Comment:
The Radical Left Democrat Bigots want to take away the right of veterans to be able to defend themselves.
Veterans need to be able to protect themselves from the Democrat Party's criminals and terrorists just like anyone else.
The greedy corrupt Democrats are even diverting funding for Veterans to non-citizens.
/----/ Nothing says, "We hate veterans" like taking away their Constitutional rights.
1711109060629.png

I think using 'financial incompetency' as a reason to deny gun rights is a slippery slope. We know that most people with mental/emotional problems are harmless. It is also known that warning signs given by dangerous people is often ignored until it's too late.

Comment:
Democrats are okay with illegals owning guns.

We should seriously consider Dirty Harry's remark from "Magnum Force"
"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot."

Cops shooting bad guys.
Crooks shooting crooks.
Good guys shooting bad guys.
Stupid people shooting themselves.

Maybe we should look a little closer at the data.
Seems like some of the right people are getting shot.

AR15 is simply a rifle dressed up to look military. You are wrong about what we have done to serve our country my tax dollars supported you while you served however all in all thank you for your service!

Keep saying that. The fact is, the AR is the most efficient tool used in mass murder in and out of war. And it's not just a copy of a weapon of war, it IS a weapon of war that the only thing it can do the best is to kill in mass.

Forum List

Back