Democrats Trying to Tank Economy with Corona Virus Fear-Mongering to Defeat Trump

You have a dangerous infection of media fed.
What in this post is not a fact? Enlighten me and let's see if I can link my assertions.
You haven't witnessed any of it, you haven't experienced any of it. All you have done is parrot what you have been told. And you attempt to pass it off as fact when in reality you have no facts and your actual intent is to try and hurt Trump. Score:

View attachment 312052
Fact, I live in Belgium. Fact, we have closed down all gatherings for over 1000 people. Fact we aren't allowed to fly to the US or Italy anymore. Fact, retirement homes don't allow visitors anymore. Fact, our local hospital has put it's geriatric ward in lockdown and doesn't allow children's visits anymore. Fact Italy is in total lockdown allowing only people going grocery shopping anymore, they have closed all schools. Etc. Etc. I have personal anecdotes, restrictions my government is now imposing on me and reports that I have exactly zero reasons to doubt. What do you have to support your assertions besides what I can only assume completely uninformed opinion?Special Report: Italy and South Korea virus outbreaks reveal disparity in deaths and tactics Just one of many many reports.
Then kindly keep your nose out of the United States affairs, and stop parroting stuff. Uninformed? LMAO! How do you get informed? Watching the news? LMAO!
iu

.............................While you're down there, say hello to all your friends, Mike....:)
Those are dumbasses like you.

Only 3.71 percent??? Meaning if 10 million people get it 370000 people will die. Whatever are people worried about? By the way that is sarcastic.

Did you miss the part where I explained that most of the deaths of the 3.71% death rate have been among the elderly, with most of the rest coming from people with serious immune-system issues? Did you miss the part where I pointed out that the death rate among healthy people under 70 is right around 1%? Did you somehow fail to read those points in the OP, even though you quoted it?

How many people did the 2009-2010 swine flu outbreak kill worldwide? Hey? No more than 500,000, by the most generous estimates, even though we and most other nations did not impose travel bans, did not close schools, did not shut down sports leagues, etc., etc.

Sheesh, you people blather on about how you believe in "science," but you reject it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

Did you miss the part where I simply extrapolated your mortality rate and applied it to a very modest number of infections?

And I ask--yet again--how many people did the swine flu kill in a year, from 2009-2010, even though sports leagues kept playing, even though churches did not stop meeting, even though many schools did not close, even though schools that did close only did so for a week or two, even though Obama imposed no travel ban, etc., etc., etc.?

You keep ignoring the fact that most of the deaths of the 3.7% death rate have been among the elderly and among those with preexisting immune-system issues.

What does it matter that this virus targets specific people? Are they any less death?

Uh, you are kidding, right? Right? Just how many 80-plus-year-olds do you think there are? The substantial majority of the deaths have been among that group. They constitute a very small percentage of the population, both here and abroad. You really don't get why that fact matters?

By the way, 3.71 is a higher mortality rate than most experts put forth.

SMH. Dude, this is basic math. As of yesterday, the worldwide death toll from the corona virus is 4,955 out of 132,758. That is a death rate of 3.7325%. Do the math. And I note again that the vast majority of those deaths have been among the elderly, even in the U.S.

If experts believe the rate is lower, great. I'm just going by the number of deaths out of confirmed cases.

Just as 10 million is a way lower number than experts expect to get infected. At the moment that number is expected to be between 50 and 60 percent of the populace. This equals hundreds of thousands of people just in the US. That is a non-trivial number by all accounts. H1N1 's mortality rate was 0.2 comparing it to this is simply inaccurate. 2009 H1N1 Pandemic.

No, it just means that you failed logic in school. That H1N1 death rate was after one year, after the dust has settled. We are only three months into the corona virus, and already the number of cases and deaths in the originating location (China) have dropped dramatically in the last week. In South Korea, the death rate has been 0.6%, as I documented earlier, which suggests that the current relatively low death rate will be even lower as time goes on.

There is no scientific, rational basis for the liberal fear-mongering that has panicked half the country and done great damage to our economy.

As it stands and as has happened in other countries, this virus can and does have the capability to overwhelm the capability of even rich nations to deal with the infected.

HOGWASH. The swine flu didn't "overwhelm" our medical capacity, nor that of Europe, nor that of China or Japan. The common flu, which kills 40,000 to 50,000 people and has about 9-45 million cases per year in the U.S. doesn't "overwhelm" our medical capacity. Nor do other industrialized nations get "overwhelmed" by the common flu each year.

Just remember these conversations six months from now and a from year now. Believe me, I will be here reminding liberals that all of their doom-and-gloom predictions failed to materialize.

Finally, here are some other helpful facts about the corona virus:

* It is not heat resistant. If it is exposed to a temperature of 77 degrees or higher, it dies.

* Laundry detergent will kill it.

* It can only travel in the air for about 10 feet, and then it drops.

* It can survive on fabric or metal for no more than 12 hours—the average survival time on such surfaces is around 8 hours.

* Since it is not heat resistant, drinking warm water—77 degrees or warmer—will kill it on contact in your mouth, throat, and stomach.

Last edited:
Only 3.71 percent??? Meaning if 10 million people get it 370000 people will die. Whatever are people worried about? By the way that is sarcastic.

Did you miss the part where I explained that most of the deaths of the 3.71% death rate have been among the elderly, with most of the rest coming from people with serious immune-system issues? Did you miss the part where I pointed out that the death rate among healthy people under 70 is right around 1%? Did you somehow fail to read those points in the OP, even though you quoted it?

How many people did the 2009-2010 swine flu outbreak kill worldwide? Hey? No more than 500,000, by the most generous estimates, even though we and most other nations did not impose travel bans, did not close schools, did not shut down sports leagues, etc., etc.

Sheesh, you people blather on about how you believe in "science," but you reject it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

Did you miss the part where I simply extrapolated your mortality rate and applied it to a very modest number of infections?

And I ask--yet again--how many people did the swine flu kill in a year, from 2009-2010, even though sports leagues kept playing, even though churches did not stop meeting, even though many schools did not close, even though schools that did close only did so for a week or two, even though Obama imposed no travel ban, etc., etc., etc.?

You keep ignoring the fact that most of the deaths of the 3.7% death rate have been among the elderly and among those with preexisting immune-system issues.

What does it matter that this virus targets specific people? Are they any less death?

Uh, you are kidding, right? Right? Just how many 80-plus-year-olds do you think there are? The substantial majority of the deaths have been among that group. They constitute a very small percentage of the population, both here and abroad. You really don't get why that fact matters?

By the way, 3.71 is a higher mortality rate than most experts put forth.

SMH. Dude, this is basic math. As of yesterday, the worldwide death toll from the corona virus is 4,955 out of 132,758. That is a death rate of 3.7325%. Do the math. And I note again that the vast majority of those deaths have been among the elderly, even in the U.S.

If experts believe the rate is lower, great. I'm just going by the number of deaths out of confirmed cases.

Just as 10 million is a way lower number than experts expect to get infected. At the moment that number is expected to be between 50 and 60 percent of the populace. This equals hundreds of thousands of people just in the US. That is a non-trivial number by all accounts. H1N1 's mortality rate was 0.2 comparing it to this is simply inaccurate. 2009 H1N1 Pandemic.

No, it just means that you failed logic in school. That H1N1 death rate was after one year, after the dust has settled. We are only three months into the corona virus, and already the number of cases and deaths in the originating location (China) have dropped dramatically in the last week. In South Korea, the death rate has been 0.6%, as I documented earlier, which suggests that the current relatively low death rate will be even lower as time goes on.

There is no scientific, rational basis for the liberal fear-mongering that has panicked half the country and done great damage to our economy.

As it stands and as has happened in other countries, this virus can and does have the capability to overwhelm the capability of even rich nations to deal with the infected.

HOGWASH. The swine flu didn't "overwhelm" our medical capacity, nor that of Europe, nor that of China or Japan. The common flu, which kills 40,000 to 50,000 people and has about 9-45 million cases per year in the U.S. doesn't "overwhelm" our medical capacity. Nor do other industrialized nations get "overwhelmed" by the common flu each year.

Just remember these conversations six months from now and a from year now. Believe me, I will be here reminding liberals that all of their doom-and-gloom predictions failed to materialize.

Finally, here are some other helpful facts about the corona virus:

* It is not heat resistant. If it is exposed to a temperature of 77 degrees or higher, it dies.

* Laundry detergent will kill it.

* It can only travel in the air for about 10 feet, and then it drops.

* It can survive on fabric or metal for no more than 12 hours—the average survival time on such surfaces is around 8 hours.

* Since it is not heat resistant, drinking warm water—77 degrees or warmer—will kill it on contact in your mouth, throat, and stomach.
What in the hell does it matter how much H1N1 killed? It had a lower mortality rate, a way lower mortality rate according to your math. Do you think it logical to expect the same precautions for something that kills 1 in 500 and something that kills 1 in 30 give or take? I sure as hell don't.

No, I don't get why that fact matters at all. Unless you want to suggest that the effect of old and/or sick people dying is less important than young people dying? You do realize that your percentage math means that your 3.71 on average means a WAY higher number for those groups at risk?

In South Korea, the death rate has been 0.6%, as I documented earlier, which suggests that the current relatively low death rate will be even lower as time goes on.
Can you please make up your mind? Either you go by deaths out of confirmed cases, or you go by what scientists predict. Your relatively low death rate is still 3 times as deadly as H1N1 and 6 times more deadly than the common flu.

And no you can not state that what's happening in Korea and China necessarily means it will be repeated everywhere. Korea has an insane testing capability compared to other nations ATM. China took be far the most Draconian measures. In Italy, for instance, the mortality rate is higher. They have an older populace. More smokers whatever. The point is as with all your comparisons you are comparing without establishing a basis for comparison.

And no it's not HOGWASH COVID 19 is NOT H1N1. It is even now overwhelming the capacity of Italy's hospitals.Italy’s Health Care System Groans Under Coronavirus — a Warning to the World By the way Italy has more hospital beds per capita than the US.List of OECD countries by hospital beds - Wikipedia. H1N1 Didn't have the hospitalization rate of Covid 19 either. The seasonal flu even less. You keep on comparing things that comparatively speaking are minor diseases to this. Hoping that somehow ignoring the disparity and severeness will somehow not matter. This is math to. Simple math offers alarming answers about Covid-19, health care - STAT

Last edited:
It is turning out that the corona virus does not spread as easily as some people have claimed. In other words, even if you spend considerable time around someone who has the corona virus, this does not mean you will automatically catch it. For example, the World Health Organization (WHO) found that in China only 5-10% of the people who had lived or worked closely with an infected person caught the virus:

The WHO team found that in China, 5-10% of people living or working closely with an infected person had the disease. (Coronavirus lessons from China could help America on COVID-19 epidemic)​

This fact is worth repeating again: The WHO found that in China only 5-10% of people who actually lived with or worked closely with an infected person caught the virus. Think about that the next time you watch the doom-and-gloom reporting coming from so many liberal news outlets.

Could the 5-10% transmission rate from close prolonged contact partly explain why the total number of corona cases in China, with its 1.3 billion population, still has not exceeded 90K, and why the numbers of new cases and deaths in China have dropped dramatically over the last two weeks?

Speaking of China, the death rate from COVID-19 in China has dropped dramatically, going from around 22% in mid-January to nearly 0% over the last two weeks. Furthermore, as in the U.S., the data show that the death rate has varied markedly by age group in China:

80-100: 18%
70-79: 9.8%
60-69: 4.6%
50-59: 1.3%
40-49: 0.4%
30-39: 0.18%
20-29: 0.09%
10-19: 0.02%
0-9: <0.01%

To fully understand these numbers, keep in mind that a death rate of 1.3%, for example, means that 1.3 out of every 100 people--or 13 out of very 1,000 people--who contract the virus will die, which means that you have a 98.7% chance of not dying from it. A death rate of 0.4%, which is the rate for ages 40-49, means that 4 out of every 1,000 people with the virus will die from it, or that you have a 99.6% chance of not dying from it.

In contrast, the Spanish Flu caused its highest death rates among the young.

Last edited:
It is turning out that the corona virus does not spread as easily as some people have claimed. In other words, even if you spend considerable time around someone who has the corona virus, this does not mean you will automatically catch it. For example, the World Health Organization (WHO) found that in China only 5-10% of the people who had lived or worked closely with an infected person caught the virus:

The WHO team found that in China, 5-10% of people living or working closely with an infected person had the disease. (Coronavirus lessons from China could help America on COVID-19 epidemic)​

This fact is worth repeating again: The WHO found that in China only 5-10% of people who actually lived with or worked closely with an infected person caught the virus. Think about that the next time you watch the doom-and-gloom reporting coming from so many liberal news outlets.

Could the 5-10% transmission rate from close prolonged contact partly explain why the total number of corona cases in China, with its 1.3 billion population, still has not exceeded 90K, and why the numbers of new cases and deaths in China have dropped dramatically over the last two weeks?

Speaking of China, the death rate from COVID-19 in China has dropped dramatically, going from around 22% in mid-January to nearly 0% over the last two weeks. Furthermore, as in the U.S., the data show that the death rate has varied markedly by age group in China:

To fully understand these numbers, keep in mind that a death rate of 1.3%, for example, means that 1.3 out of every 100 people--or 13 out of very 1,000 people--who contract the virus will die, which means that you have a 98.7% chance of not dying from it. A death rate of 0.4%, which is the rate for ages 40-49, means that 4 out of every 1,000 people with the virus will die from it, or that you have a 99.6% chance of not dying from it.

Because if we don't keep the economy going, Trump might lose.

Stellar work
This is mostly a test to see how sheep compliant citizens will be and follow orders
It’s about the odds of being hit by lightning and the entire nation has not been instructed to install lightning rods around themselves-yet anyway
Still far less of an infection and death rate than pneumonia or flu

It is both sick and amazing that you and your fellow libs continue to view this issue through political lens. You guys will lie and scare people as long as you can.

I need to slightly correct one thing I've been saying: I have stated the no schools closed during the 2009-2010 swine flu (H1N1) outbreak. Actually, a small number of schools did close: about 740 out of approximately 10,000 public schools closed. 740 out of 10,000 schools means that about 93% of schools did not close during the swine flu outbreak.

There were about 68 million cases of the swine flu in the U.S., and about 12,500 deaths, during the 2009-2019 swine flu outbreak. Yet, no sports leagues suspended their seasons; most schools stayed open; there were no travel bans; most churches continued to meet; and the media was far more responsible and honest in how they reported the outbreak.

It is both sick and amazing that you and your fellow libs continue to view this issue through political lens. You guys will lie and scare people as long as you can.

You're going for ironic humor, right?

Some promising news on the corona virus. But, first, be advised that a popular Facebook and Twitter post on the virus contains many errors: it's the post that says that the virus dies in 77-plus temperatures; that it travels 10 feet in the air and then drops (the distance is actually about 6 feet); that drinking warm water will prevent or kill it; and that if you wash it from you mouth or throat down into your stomach, your stomach acid will kill it. All of these claims are false. Just my luck, this was the one article that I didn't verify because it was posted by a friend of mine who is a nurse. Anyway, now for the good news:

Optimism grows that drugs from past outbreaks may treat coronavirus

Guess what percentage of China's population has caught the corona virus, even though the virus was undetected for weeks and then was somewhat ignored for several more weeks? Guess? 10%? 5%? 2%? Try 0.0064%. That's a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1%. As of yesterday (3/16), per the WHO situation report, there were 81,077 corona cases in China, out of 1.35 billion people. Even rounding up, that means that only 0.0064% of China's population has caught the virus, and no one denies that new cases and new deaths in China have dropped dramatically since mid-February, clearly indicating that the virus has begun to run its course in the country.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...0316-sitrep-56-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=9fda7db2_6

As we approach one month it’s obvious the powers of panic don’t want to put comparative hard numbers out. There can be only two reasons. They don’t have them yet or don’t want to
What is the percentage of infection?
What is the percentage of infection on those who live with an infectee or work day after day right next to one (it apears that In China those closely involved with an infected get sick at rate of 5-10%)?
How do the two questions above compare with other seasonal and past outbreaks in the USA?
How many have been hospitalized?
How many have died?
How do the two above questions compare with other seasonal and past outbreaks?

That’s all we need answered but I don’t think the answers fit the agenda. Please let’s have no more blubbering about “if we save one life then it’s worth it[no it isn’t-we don’t live like this]) and no more fear mongering about “maybe...if when...we don’t know how bad it might get (or might not for the non thinking)”

Last edited:
Just as they did in 2006-2008. This is not a new Dem tactic, they are fine with tanking the economy and wrecking peoples lives if it means that improves their changes of winning an election. I believe the word we are seeking to describe them is assholes!

The Democrats did not tank the economy from 2006 to 2008
Of course they did.

Democrat governors are taking it another step. They are emptying the prisons in democrat states.

This is an all out war with the evil enemy democrats. They must be stopped and it is not too far fetched to say by any means necessary.

The marxist Dims need panic, chaos and industrial-grade lying to sell their agenda. Let them cheerlead a deadly virus and it will just be another laughable hoax that blows up in their face.

Just as they did in 2006-2008. This is not a new Dem tactic, they are fine with tanking the economy and wrecking peoples lives if it means that improves their changes of winning an election. I believe the word we are seeking to describe them is assholes!

Of course they did.

Democrat governors are taking it another step. They are emptying the prisons in democrat states.

This is an all out war with the evil enemy democrats. They must be stopped and it is not too far fetched to say by any means necessary.

You'd think prison is the ultimate quarantine.... hmmm? Just cut off visitation until it's safe. Fucking idiots.

Trump has become a wartime president. The war is against the marxist Dim shitstains.

Of course they did.

You'd think prison is the ultimate quarantine.... hmmm? Just cut off visitation until it's safe. Fucking idiots.

Trump has become a wartime president. The war is against the marxist Dim shitstains.
This is the civil war they wanted. All that needs to be added is the shooting part.

Now that Trump has been finally convinced this threat is real, he is determined to look like the great General who mobilized the nation to defeat its "invisible enemy" with extraordinary measures.

I am glad he changed his position from denial and allegations that this Covid-19 threat was mainly a "fake media" hoax. I was also glad he early on stopped Chinese tourists coming here when the epidemic there was out of control. But without doubt Trump was complacent that we were safe and his ban was somehow enough. The experts all knew this was nonsense. Trump's complacency pissed away weeks during which we should have been preparing test kits, masks, and much more.

The Trump fanatics who see everything bad as caused by liberals or Democrats will now get on Trump's new bandwagon, and follow steps all the experts recommended from the beginning. These alt-right Trump fanatics will never admit they or their hero changed course.

Nothing will defeat this President! Nothing!

Because GOD is by his side!:2up:

Forum List

Back