Democrats try to ram through Puerto Rican Statehood bill before Jan 3rd

They pay no federal income tax.
Some Puerto Rico residents pay U.S. federal income taxes. Residents falling within the following categories must pay tax on their income to the United States federal government, via the Internal Revenue Service:

Puerto Rico residents who:

• work for the federal government such as US Post Office employees, and federal agents of any of the federal executive and judicial branches located in Puerto Rico
  • do business with the federal government
  • are members of the U.S. military
  • earned income from sources outside Puerto Rico and
  • Puerto Rico-based corporations that intend to send funds to the U.S
You were wrong. Now. kiss my ass!

Some Puerto Rico residents pay U.S. federal income taxes. Residents falling within the following categories must pay tax on their income to the United States federal government, via the Internal Revenue Service:

Puerto Rico residents who:

• work for the federal government such as US Post Office employees, and federal agents of any of the federal executive and judicial branches located in Puerto Rico
  • do business with the federal government
  • are members of the U.S. military
  • earned income from sources outside Puerto Rico and
  • Puerto Rico-based corporations that intend to send funds to the U.S
You were wrong. Now. kiss my ass!
You didn't say "some", Moron. What percentage is that?

Learn English.

You said:, :They are funded by US Tax dollars, but pay no Federal income taxes." that is an absolute statement covering all Puerto Ricans and you were wrong.

Learn English!
Didn't you claim you were a teacher? I weep for the unfortunate kids who were in your class.

Idiot.

Is that why you lie? Pathetic piece of shit and dumbass is what you are!
Awww, the triggered rear admiral has been reduced to mumbling personal attacks.

download.jpeg-3.jpg

Not on the national scale of leadership we won't. It will be all Democrat. Between this and amnesty (if they can pull it off) the Republic (democracy) will be over.

The GOP is so far left now, it's not even going to matter. They're waaaay passed left of center, and most GOP voters either don't even know it. Or just don't care.

Didn't you claim you were a teacher? I weep for the unfortunate kids who were in your class.

Idiot.
You should because they were held accountable, which is something to which you are unfamiliar.

If a kid said John Hancock was our first President, they would be correct, but not the first President under the Constitution. He was the first President of the Continental Congress.

You were incorrect when you said Puerto Ricans id not pay income tax because you were referring to all Puerto Ricans, which is simply not true as I showed in my links.

Never going to pass in the Senate. Repubs don't want to do anything to disrupt the disproportionate representation of rural conservatives.

Do you know why we have what you stupid Moon Bats call "disproportionate representation?

It is because at the first Constitutional Convention that was the compromise needed to have a country. The rural states did not want to be ruled by the filthy ass big city population of the North and said if that was going to be the case then forget about it.

Having two Senators for each state, an Electrical College and counting 3/5th of the Negros in population calculations was the price necessary to have a United States of America. It was a reasonable compromise. In compromises not everybody gets everything they want.

Democracy can suck as much as any other form of government. The more rural Southern state knew the more populous Northern states would fuck them over even in a Republic. They were right. Even with the compromise the filthy ass Northern states managed to fuck the South with tariffs and that led to a Civil War later.

Read your Constitution.

Y'know Rock, sometimes you can be a real dick.

Admission to the Union is provided by the Admissions Clause of the United States Constitution in Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1, which authorizes the United States Congress to admit new states into the Union beyond the thirteen states that already existed when the Constitution came into effect.

Puerto Rico's admission into the Union should not be as a result of a referendum. There's nothing wrong with holding that referendum, although I believe there should be a 'maintain the status quo' option. But even if the referendum indicates a desire to become a state, the Congress to be the ultimate arbiter. Presumably with the President's signature.

I don't need you to tell me to read the Constitution. If you've got a point to make then make it, otherwise STFU.

Y'know Rock, sometimes you can be a real dick.

Admission to the Union is provided by the Admissions Clause of the United States Constitution in Article IV, Section 3, Clause 1, which authorizes the United States Congress to admit new states into the Union beyond the thirteen states that already existed when the Constitution came into effect.

Puerto Rico's admission into the Union should not be as a result of a referendum. There's nothing wrong with holding that referendum, although I believe there should be a 'maintain the status quo' option. But even if the referendum indicates a desire to become a state, the Congress to be the ultimate arbiter. Presumably with the President's signature.

I don't need you to tell me to read the Constitution. If you've got a point to make then make it, otherwise STFU.
Was I talking to you? You didn't make a mistake of which I am aware.

The GOP is so far left now, it's not even going to matter. They're waaaay passed left of center, and most GOP voters either don't even know it. Or just don't care.

It won't matter? Compare what we have to deal with now to how great things were under Trump before covid and tell me it doesn't matter. Now picture the country like this (or worse) forever.

It won't matter? Compare what we have to deal with now to how great things were under Trump before covid and tell me it doesn't matter. Now picture the country like this (or worse) forever.
Convention would dictate it's the economy stupid. But the cult doesn't vote on the economy. They vote on trumpism.

If they do not have the choice to keep the status quo, then they do not have a free choice, just the choices given to them.
Precisely because that aligned with what they have repeatedly shown they want.

So, yes, this absolutely respects their self determination.

Forum List

Back