Democrats Should Never Invoke The Founding Fathers

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
478424197-594x330.jpg

Rep. John Conyers Jr (D-Michigan)

“This legal action is designed to help lift our nation out of this morass of conflicts and restore faith in our government, just as our Founders intended,” he added.​

Democrats Want Answers, Nearly 200 Join Lawsuit Against Trump
By Rebecca Rainey
2 days ago

Think what they will about President Trump, but no Democrat should ever invoke the country’s Founders.

First and foremost America’s Founders earned their fortunes in the private sector. Their time in government was devoted to protecting their Rights. In protecting their own Rights they created freedom from tyrannical government for everybody else.

Today’s America is governed by professional parasites who spend their adult lives protecting their own Rights. Using the power of government to abolish the constitutional Rights of private sector Americans is the only way government parasites can increase their privileges —— and incomes.

Incidentally, Conyers served in the Korean War but he was one of loudest voices opposing the Vietnam War. My often asked question had people who never served in the Korean War in mind:

Do you oppose the Korean War in hindsight?

If the answer is “Yes” they admit that fighting Communism is what they oppose.

If they answer “No.” ask them why not? since Korea and Vietnam were fought for the same reason.

In Conyers’ case I suspect that he fought for the “United Nations Police Action” rather than his country. Conyers naturally opposed the Vietnam War because it was not sanctioned by the UN.

478424197-594x330.jpg

Rep. John Conyers Jr (D-Michigan)

“This legal action is designed to help lift our nation out of this morass of conflicts and restore faith in our government, just as our Founders intended,” he added.​

By Rebecca Rainey
2 days ago

Think what they will about President Trump, but no Democrat should ever invoke the country’s Founders.

First and foremost America’s Founders earned their fortunes in the private sector. Their time in government was devoted to protecting their Rights. In protecting their own Rights they created freedom from tyrannical government for everybody else.

Today’s America is governed by professional parasites who spend their adult lives protecting their own Rights. Using the power of government to abolish the constitutional Rights of private sector Americans is the only way government parasites can increase their privileges —— and incomes.

Incidentally, Conyers served in the Korean War but he was one of loudest voices opposing the Vietnam War. My often asked question had people who never served in the Korean War in mind:

Do you oppose the Korean War in hindsight?

If the answer is “Yes” they admit that fighting Communism is what they oppose.

If they answer “No.” ask them why not? since Korea and Vietnam were fought for the same reason.

In Conyers’ case I suspect that he fought for the “United Nations Police Action” rather than his country. Conyers naturally opposed the Vietnam War because it was not sanctioned by the UN.

I suspect you have no clue about (much of anything) war. Do you know anyone who ever served in combat and found war to be anything but horrific? Have you ever seen the Elephant, or even know what that phrase means?

found war to be anything but horrific?
To Wry Catcher: Is it only wars fought for the nation that you find horrific?

Question: Do you also find fighting war for the United Nations horrific? Korea was a United Nations war. Desert Storm and Afghanistan “Coalitions” were wars sanctioned by the United Nations. UN peacekeeping missions are violent military interventions when there is no peace to keep.

And of course assholes like you love nation-building wars when they are fought for democracy.

Have you ever seen the Elephant, or even know what that phrase means?
To Wry Catcher: The only thing I do not know is what your reference has to do with my premise?

Gold Fever I Have Seen the Elephant

found war to be anything but horrific?
To Wry Catcher: Is it only wars fought for the nation that you find horrific?

Question: Do you also find fighting war for the United Nations horrific? Korea was a United Nations war. Desert Storm and Afghanistan “Coalitions” were wars sanctioned by the United Nations. UN peacekeeping missions are violent military interventions when there is no peace to keep.

And of course assholes like you love nation-building wars when they are fought for democracy.

Have you ever seen the Elephant, or even know what that phrase means?
To Wry Catcher: The only thing I do not know is what your reference has to do with my premise?

Gold Fever I Have Seen the Elephant

"Old soldiers in the Civil War coined a phrase for green troops who survived their first taste of battle: "He has seen the elephant." This Army lieutenant sums up the combat experience better than many a grizzled veteran:

""Well, I'm here in Iraq, and I've seen it, and done it. I've seen everything you've ever seen in a war movie. I've seen cowardice; I've seen heroism; I've seen fear; and I've seen relief. I've seen blood and brains all over the back of a vehicle, and I've seen men bleed to death surrounded by their comrades. I've seen people throw up when it's all over, and I've seen the same shell-shocked look in 35-year-old experienced sergeants as in 19-year-old privates."
He Has Seen the Elephant

"Old soldiers in the Civil War coined a phrase for green troops who survived their first taste of battle: "He has seen the elephant." This Army lieutenant sums up the combat experience better than many a grizzled veteran:

""Well, I'm here in Iraq, and I've seen it, and done it. I've seen everything you've ever seen in a war movie. I've seen cowardice; I've seen heroism; I've seen fear; and I've seen relief. I've seen blood and brains all over the back of a vehicle, and I've seen men bleed to death surrounded by their comrades. I've seen people throw up when it's all over, and I've seen the same shell-shocked look in 35-year-old experienced sergeants as in 19-year-old privates."
He Has Seen the Elephant
To wry Catcher: In short: War is hell:

I am still waiting for a tie to my premise:

not more peacenik rhetoric opposing war:

peacenik (noun)

Informal.
A political activist who publicly opposes war, a particular war, or the proliferation of weapons; a pacifist.​

He Has Seen the Elephant
To wry Catcher: In short: War is hell:

I am still waiting for a tie to my premise:

not more peacenik rhetoric opposing war:

peacenik (noun)

Informal.
A political activist who publicly opposes war, a particular war, or the proliferation of weapons; a pacifist.​

1. In response to Connors, anyone who has seen the elephant has a much different sense of war than those who do not.
2. In response to your initial premise, about professional pols, I agree. The first priority of most members of the H. or Rep. is their own job and the office they receive for being a good boy or good girl; the Senate, as result of five safe years, members can generally vote without the "how will this vote effect my job" or office space if I buck the leadership.

The two CU decisions gave a larger voice to the power elite, and shut down the voice of the people.

Forum List

Back