*Democrats Raid Social Security*

How do you geniuses propose to make income off the trust fund if it's not invested in US treasuries?
Non-sequitur...
By 2025 there will be slightly under 2 workers contributing to SS for every person receiving a check. That is unsustainable.

Why are you changing the subject?
I am not going to allow you to deflect the discussion away from the issue. That is SS is under negative pressure and needs revamping.
Trust fund schmust fund. There is no money. It's IOU's.....
Now if you have nothing else...

How do you geniuses propose to make income off the trust fund if it's not invested in US treasuries?

Its called the stock market.

Regardless of the false fears, there would be money in the fund today instead of IOUs

And you think that's safer?

No, it isn't 'money'. Stocks are a piece of paper, or an electronic entry. They are not even at par with an 'IOU'.

You like bailouts now? Well you'd really love them if all of SS were held hostage to a few too big to fail bankers someday in the future.
No, stocks are not just a piece of paper, they are ownership of a real asset, the combined total of a company's worth. At least unless Obama goes in there and changes the way things work for that particular company...

It really is less about perceived 'safe' investments and more about taking control of the fund's assets away from congress where is not only unsafe but guaranteed to be squandered.
The biggest Social Security reform was under Reagan in 1983.

Doesnt change what I said.............

Taxation of benefits brings in about 22 billion a year. How do you propose to make that up?
:lmao::cuckoo: :lmao:
Please tell me you did not say that!! You are seriously asking where we are going to make up the difference in taxes that we are taking off the top of check that we are writing!!! That has got to be the most moronic statement ever....
Non-sequitur...
By 2025 there will be slightly under 2 workers contributing to SS for every person receiving a check. That is unsustainable.

Why are you changing the subject?
It is not changing the subject. It is at the core of the entire debate. The system that takes your money and transfers it to the general fund to be spent on whatever only to be paid back with future taxes is completely asinine and unsustainable. It is only unsustainable because of that transfer to the general fund through so called treasuries that are unreported as debt yet actually represent debt anyway. The entire system is an accounting gimmick and you fail to grasp that core issue. As long as the left clings onto the falsehood that SS is somehow wonderfully ran and spending the money it takes in for future benefits is a good idea the system is doomed to fail. It needs reform.

Hey I already know my future with regards to Social Security.The day after I retire there will be some whiney congressman like Anthony Weiner declaring that to his delight the Social Security fund will be dedicated to paying benefits to the millions of illegal aliens that have crossed over and need to collect,today's 99ers will still be unemployed and the Democrats will need to take care of these folks further then the 3000 weeks thy have already collected.The WH will be held by a Lib and congress as well so you know every penny I put into SS will have already been spent so they will tell me that it was Bush's fault.( yes folks 10 years from now they will still be playing the Bush's fault card.).

My fellow GOP/Independent/Republican /Conservative/Tea Party whatever alliance you hail from be prepared to never receive a dime of Social Security money if you are retiring 10 years from now.

The Libs have already spent the money or will spend it before we have the nerve to ask for it.

I believe I will not recieve anything. the whole program is a farce. I get so mad everytime I get that bullshit letter every year saying I will recieve this much upon retirement and then I read some place the fund will be out of money years before my retirement age. all bullshit just like the current President and Administration.

Forum List

Back