Democrats Kill Off Trump Super-Rally: Announce NO BUDGET DEAL Without DACA Amnesty – Market Plunges

You guys DO realize that while the government is shut down, the military won't get paid, right? They will have to wait until it reopens to get their pay and back pay.

Not so, military personnel WILL get paid, but the civil service people will get sent home until the shutdown is over and they don'y get paid until then. As a military retiree I will continue to get my retirement pension too.

I was stationed at Newport RI in 1994 when they shut down the government for 24 days. During that time, there were many personnel who lived from paycheck to paycheck (mainly E5 and below), and when they missed their check on the 15th, we were referring them to Navy Relief to get interest free loans until the government reopened.

My mistake, you were right unless Congress authorizes military pay to continue during a shutdown. However, they still gotta show up for duty though.

I know. For 24 days back in 1994, the military had to take up the slack left over by the furloughed civil service workers. Every day, the civilians would call to see if they were allowed back to work yet. PSD lost about half of their work force during the shutdown.

You guys DO realize that while the government is shut down, the military won't get paid, right? They will have to wait until it reopens to get their pay and back pay.

Not so, military personnel WILL get paid, but the civil service people will get sent home until the shutdown is over and they don'y get paid until then. As a military retiree I will continue to get my retirement pension too.

I was stationed at Newport RI in 1994 when they shut down the government for 24 days. During that time, there were many personnel who lived from paycheck to paycheck (mainly E5 and below), and when they missed their check on the 15th, we were referring them to Navy Relief to get interest free loans until the government reopened.

My mistake, you were right unless Congress authorizes military pay to continue during a shutdown. However, they still gotta show up for duty though.

I know. For 24 days back in 1994, the military had to take up the slack left over by the furloughed civil service workers. Every day, the civilians would call to see if they were allowed back to work yet. PSD lost about half of their work force during the shutdown.

I remember that now. At the time I was serving at Randolph AB outside San Antonio, we kept things going until the shutdown was over and the civilians cam back. We got paid but not until after wards.

Forum List

Back