Democrats Kill Off Trump Super-Rally: Announce NO BUDGET DEAL Without DACA Amnesty – Market Plunges

Looks like a gov't shutdown is coming. I do hope most Americans realize who's to blame this time, and it ain't Trump and the GOP.
There's plenty of blame to go around. I don't agree with shutting down the government, but I agree that Trump and the Republicans should agree to a DACA deal the way 80% of this country WANT them to.
It's a win-win. Trump is tying it to a huge amount of funding for the wall. 2.8 billion isn't enough for one year? Negotiate. Or put it in the budget.
Shutting down the government by the Republicans over Obamacare pissed me off and I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it. It's wrong to do this. Work it out! That includes everyone, including Trump.

I'm not up on the details of the current DACA deal, but I'm pretty sure that 80% of this country are not in favor of amnesty. And I'm also pretty sure they want something done to stem the flow of illegals coming across our southern border. AND they also want something done about the DACA problem too, but exactly what is a bit unclear at least to me. Something has to be done, but I don't think curtailing gov't funding is the way to go.

First off, a shut down government does less harm.

Second, Democrats are so caught up in immigration because it's the only way the party can maintain numbers. After all, All Good Democrats abort so there are no new ones being born.

Looks like a gov't shutdown is coming. I do hope most Americans realize who's to blame this time, and it ain't Trump and the GOP.
There's plenty of blame to go around. I don't agree with shutting down the government, but I agree that Trump and the Republicans should agree to a DACA deal the way 80% of this country WANT them to.
It's a win-win. Trump is tying it to a huge amount of funding for the wall. 2.8 billion isn't enough for one year? Negotiate. Or put it in the budget.
Shutting down the government by the Republicans over Obamacare pissed me off and I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it. It's wrong to do this. Work it out! That includes everyone, including Trump.
Why does he need funding...isn't the Mexican cheque in the mail?

What are you talking about, Trump had a meeting with democrats and tried to work out a deal, but to democrats a deal is 100% of protection for illegal non AMERICANS, and 0% of what AMERICANS want.
Trumpsters want the wall, you can point out all the fake polls you want, they want illegals, DACA so called dreamers to go back and get in line like all the legal immigrants do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stop with the 80% crap.
Did you learn nothing from the presidential polls?

What a bunch of pathetic bullying crybabies these Democrats are when they don't get their way. Like Trumps motto of MAGA which is 'Making America Great Again', the Democrats motto should be MAMA which is 'Making America Miserable Again'. Voters will remember this treachery by these Anti-American Citizen entities known as Democrats come 2018 mid-terms.

Democrats Kill Off Trump Super-Rally: Announce NO BUDGET DEAL Without DACA Amnesty – Market Plunges 200 Points!
Meh works for me! millions less democrat voters and this will only bite dems in the ass in the end. This ain't the GOP of 2015,this is President Trump's GOP and he won't bend or break...this is the man that wrote the art of the deal. Let them shut it down. The market will bounce back in no time.

What a bunch of pathetic bullying crybabies these Democrats are when they don't get their way. Like Trumps motto of MAGA which is 'Making America Great Again', the Democrats motto should be MAMA which is 'Making America Miserable Again'. Voters will remember this treachery by these Anti-American Citizen entities known as Democrats come 2018 mid-terms.

Democrats Kill Off Trump Super-Rally: Announce NO BUDGET DEAL Without DACA Amnesty – Market Plunges 200 Points!
Meh works for me! millions less democrat voters and this will only bite dems in the ass in the end. This ain't the GOP of 2015,this is President Trump's GOP and he won't bend or break...this is the man that wrote the art of the deal. Let them shut it down. The market will bounce back in no time.

I'm willing to take a small hit.
It's not like it'll last and I'm betting the market comes back and sets more records with a Trump victory.

You guys DO realize that while the government is shut down, the military won't get paid, right? They will have to wait until it reopens to get their pay and back pay.

I'm not up on the details of the current DACA deal, but I'm pretty sure that 80% of this country are not in favor of amnesty.
Fox News Poll: 83 percent support pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Fox News. So you know it's true.

Poll: 86 percent support Dreamers staying in the country

That includes the Emperor:

trump_tweet_dreamers.jpg

Americans open to legal status, citizenship for illegal immigrants: Poll
Most Americans think the U.S. government should deport illegal immigrants living in the country who have been convicted of other crimes, but also say the government should develop plans to allow some to gain legal status or U.S. citizenship, according to a poll released Friday.

And 90 percent said they would support a bill allowing a path to U.S. citizenship for illegal immigrants who have been in the country for a number of years, hold a job, speak English, and are willing to pay back taxes.

a44fmp.jpg

65+14 = 79%

Poll Roundup: Majority of Americans Support Immigration Reform With Citizenship - America's Voice

o3ihi.jpg

Immigration

209n582.jpg

Legal status or citizenship is 59 + 19 = 78 percent.

"Deport them" = 18 percent. They are on the losing side, big time.

Poll Roundup Majority of Americans Support Immigration Reform With Citizenship

Gallup
June-July 2013

• 88% of Americans support allowing immigrants to become citizens
  • 83% of conservatives support allowing immigrants to become citizens
Plenty more evidence in the link.

On immigration, Republicans favor path to legal status, but differ over citizenship

25thutv.jpg

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents

The Republican response to the will of the American People:

bi80le.jpg

You guys DO realize that while the government is shut down, the military won't get paid, right? They will have to wait until it reopens to get their pay and back pay.

Not so, military personnel WILL get paid, but the civil service people will get sent home until the shutdown is over and they don'y get paid until then. As a military retiree I will continue to get my retirement pension too.

I am still waiting for someone to define "budget deal".

That's a euphemism for "Republicans want to borrow more money from China".

Democrats want to import Mexicans.

Republicans want to export IOUs to China.

That is the deadlock in a nutshell, kids.

Not so, military personnel WILL get paid, but the civil service people will get sent home until the shutdown is over and they don'y get paid until then. As a military retiree I will continue to get my retirement pension too.

I was stationed at Newport RI in 1994 when they shut down the government for 24 days. During that time, there were many personnel who lived from paycheck to paycheck (mainly E5 and below), and when they missed their check on the 15th, we were referring them to Navy Relief to get interest free loans until the government reopened.

will Trump place guards at national monuments to keep veterans out?

because anyone that would sink so low as that is literally Hitler...
. Wasn't it Obama and company who shut down Washington in the way that you speak here ?

Actually, it was Ted Cruz and the GOP who shut down the government last time.

Not so. The House sent spending bills to the Senate, but Reid sat on them. He stopped the government.

Only if Congress passes a bill allowing it.

DFAS has no legal authority to pay military or civilian workers in the event of a funding lapse (aka a shutdown).

I was stationed at Newport RI in 1994 when they shut down the government for 24 days. During that time, there were many personnel who lived from paycheck to paycheck (mainly E5 and below), and when they missed their check on the 15th, we were referring them to Navy Relief to get interest free loans until the government reopened.

My mistake, you were right unless Congress authorizes military pay to continue during a shutdown. However, they still gotta show up for duty though.

Forum List

Back